Happy Father's Day

RaoulDuke79

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Modern day= greater fear mongering.

As a Dad, I let my kid do the stuff I did.... like ride his bike 5 miles home from summer football practice in the eighth grade. The Football Mom’s continued to offer him rides which he didn’t want. They thought I was nuts???

He had a million other age appropriate chores and wasn’t molly coddled. 

Life and the world just aren’t as dangerous as many believe it to be.

...so noted...wish I could share the same confidence.....

They joked me..

Wife left for the cemetery and church with her mother...our son didn't call.

Then he called after 3.

He asked me a stupid question.. "Is that bed getting heavy",I have a bad back,so I thought he was being a smart ass.

He said,when was the last time you or mom checked under that bed?

He bought me a authentic Mets jersey

Seaver.

I don't have the words..but God dang..they love me.

No tears.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Q-baby! said:

Drives my wife crazy that I cook on Father’s Day because it should be a day off for me. She doesn’t understand how much I enjoy time at the bbq with a beer in hand!  And there’s no way I am trusting her to cook the steaks!!!!

? on all accounts. I’ll stand by the grill all day and drink as long as someone else is wrangling the kiddo!

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

How many fathers out there actually get to stuff they want to do on Father’s Day?  I wake up this morning to my daughter saying “Guess what daddy...we’re going to see Secret Life of Pets for Father’s Day!”  Lovely...

Actually I want to see that. Was it good?

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

Wow.....JUST WOW!!!

19 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Modern day= greater fear mongering.

As a Dad, I let my kid do the stuff I did.... like ride his bike 5 miles home from summer football practice in the eighth grade. The Football Mom’s continued to offer him rides which he didn’t want. They thought I was nuts???

He had a million other age appropriate chores and wasn’t molly coddled. 

Life and the world just aren’t as dangerous as many believe it to be.

Some people might just look at that as being lazy and not wanting to have to go out and pick them up.....

When I was that age, I biked across the entire city I lived in home from a baseball practice after taking a line drive between the eyes because my mom was working and couldn't pick me up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/16/2019 at 10:43 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I wish just once my wife would ask me “What do you want to do for Father’s Day?”  That would be nice.  I would like to go fishing with the kids or on a family hike, for example.

Instead, I get to go watch Secret Life of Pets and then go to a habachi dinner with another family.  I don’t even like the other family we’re going with, and I HATE habachi!  

Oh well, such is life I suppose.  I’ll just drink heavily and smile.  Father’s Day is not about fathers.  Stop lying to us.

My birthday also happens to fall either on or very close to father's day every year and I don't like to celebrate things like that. My wife had my family over for a BBQ for my birthday on Saturday and on Sunday we went to her mom's for a BBQ for Father's Day. I typically plan my weekends to try and get projects done around the house because I can't get stuff done after work on weeknights usually. I don't mind having family over or going to see family, but my wife will still complain about wishing something was done around the house, lol.

I also hate gifts and tell people not to get me anything. If I want something I get it myself and it comes up all the time cause either my wife complains cause I buy something around a holiday (bought new boots a few years ago cause I needed some, found out she bought me a pair that were from her mom to me for Christmas, my sister this year bought me a book that I already bought a few weeks ago when it came out). Some things I can buy that I know no one is getting me, like my new F150 I bought and picked up Saturday morning at the dealership.

33 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

That's strange. I usually think of everyone on this board as "mothers."

I think of the majority more as children......

Edited by apuszczalowski