Happy Father's Day

RaoulDuke79

49 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

If you’re a father, earn your yearly accolades by being present in the moment every other day too—and since we all mess up, each new day is a new chance to get it right. Remember, you’re only a failure if your kids end up being Patriots fans :D

If my kids become Patsie fans I’d make a sacrifice to the football gods. 

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sounds like you may have avoided "forcible touching charges" at least......just sayin'..........

We've been together long enough that most of my advances are usually unwanted anyways. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I’m one of the lucky ones. Playing hockey early afternoon and grilling out some steaks later on for everyone. Only thing missing is golf but had elbow surgery a few weeks ago so still not quite ready for that yet. Raining anyways so would have been a bad golf day (but good drinking day!). Did have to do 730 am church with a 2 1/2 year old tho

Drives my wife crazy that I cook on Father’s Day because it should be a day off for me. She doesn’t understand how much I enjoy time at the bbq with a beer in hand!  And there’s no way I am trusting her to cook the steaks!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

...I can only guess that there is a huge disparity of TBD fathers' ages here.....today's environment of child rearing is far more difficult and dangerous versus when I was a kid back "in the 1500's"......"mom I'm going out to play (9AM)....to which she said, "be home for dinner" without a worry in the world......today it is 24/7/365 monitoring of kids....abductors, molesters, murderers, armed sentrys at schools, even holier than thou once respected priests put children at risks in ways that were unheard of when I was growing up...how sad we have fallen...just a thought....

13 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Drives my wife crazy that I cook on Father’s Day because it should be a day off for me. She doesn’t understand how much I enjoy time at the bbq with a beer in hand!  And there’s no way I am trusting her to cook the steaks!!!!

We had a picnic at my mom's yesterday and she got some good steaks from the local butcher. Generally I do the cooking,  but she wanted to let me relax (bless her heart) and had my step dad cook them. He torched those bad boys. The rarest one was well done and the most well done was somewhere near jerkey. I'm certainly not gonna complain about a free steak though. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

How many fathers out there actually get to stuff they want to do on Father’s Day?

My son bought me two varieties of bourbon-barrel stout. :beer:

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I can only guess that there is a huge disparity of TBD fathers' ages here.....today's environment of child rearing is far more difficult and dangerous versus when I was a kid back "in the 1500's"......"mom I'm going out to play (9AM)....to which she said, "be home for dinner" without a worry in the world......today it is 24/7/365 monitoring of kids....abductors, molesters, murderers, armed sentrys at schools, even holier than thou once respected priests put children at risks in ways that were unheard of when I was growing up...how sad we have fallen...just a thought....

Statistically much safer today than when we were kids.

Geeky fact: The decrease in violent crime tracks the decrease of lead in the environment as it was phased out of gas and other products?

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Geeky fact: The decrease in violent crime tracks the decrease of lead in the environment as it was phased out of gas and other products?

...could be because what we know today was not known back then and widely reported via social media......modern day greater awareness?.....

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Yeah,  but paint chips don’t taste nearly as good as they used to. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

One for you one for him?

He's not a big fan of beer. He'll drink one now and then, but I don't think he'd want one of the bourbon-barrel ales.

7 hours ago, H2o said:

Yes, Happy Father's Day to all of you who have raised children in this world whether biological or otherwise. It's not an easy job by any means, but the effect you have on the lives you touch will be seen long after you are gone. 

Well said and too often overlooked!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...could be because what we know today was not known back then and widely reported via social media......modern day greater awareness?.....

Modern day= greater fear mongering.

As a Dad, I let my kid do the stuff I did.... like ride his bike 5 miles home from summer football practice in the eighth grade. The Football Mom’s continued to offer him rides which he didn’t want. They thought I was nuts???

He had a million other age appropriate chores and wasn’t molly coddled. 

Life and the world just aren’t as dangerous as many believe it to be.