Happy Father's Day

RaoulDuke79

6 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

How many fathers out there actually get to stuff they want to do on Father’s Day?  I wake up this morning to my daughter saying “Guess what daddy...we’re going to see Secret Life of Pets for Father’s Day!”  Lovely...

I get to go to brunch at 11:15. I hate brunch. I’ve already had my banana and skim milk, no need for more food until 2-3:00pm. And don’t give me that stupid one day a week menu, I want the REAL menu with REAL food. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

How many fathers out there actually get to stuff they want to do on Father’s Day?  I wake up this morning to my daughter saying “Guess what daddy...we’re going to see Secret Life of Pets for Father’s Day!”  Lovely...

This is the true meaning of Father's Day! ^^^^

Wait till they are in college and you are transferring a cool grand in what SEEMS like on a weekly basis.  I would trade back for "Secret life of whatever" back in a second!"

..a heartfelt salute to all of our TBD fathers out there.........I lost mine 37 years ago, all too young at age 59......taught me to live EVERY day to its fullest......blessed with a son and daughter, both who live & work locally.....having lost my wife four years ago (only 59 as well), I do my best to serve as their father AND mother......and I am honored to take them out to dinner today as a special thanks for their support.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

I get to go to brunch at 11:15. I hate brunch. I’ve already had my banana and skim milk, no need for more food until 2-3:00pm. And don’t give me that stupid one day a week menu, I want the REAL menu with REAL food. 

I have put my foot down that there will be no outings for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day, etc.  

Those days just mean bigger crowds and slower service.  

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Beer and grilling. That’s my day. Then movie tonight. I pick the movie. My day, not theirs! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I have put my foot down that there will be no outings for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day, etc.  

Those days just mean bigger crowds and slower service.  

The wife puts things in perspective (as usual). My son and his GF are coming back early from a beautiful lake house to do this. “Be glad they want to spend time with us.” Yeah, there’s that....

5 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Beer and grilling. That’s my day. Then movie tonight. I pick the movie. My day, not theirs! 

After brunch the wife leaves for NYC for the week, so I’m on my own. Grill with a beverage in one hand, and the remote in the other. Lots of golf in my near future today. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

The wife puts things in perspective (as usual). My son and his GF are coming back early from a beautiful lake house to do this. “Be glad they want to spend time with us.” Yeah, there’s that....

After brunch the wife leaves for NYC for the week, so I’m on my own. Grill with a beverage in one hand, and the remote in the other. Lots of golf in my near future today. 

Oh yeah, forgot about golf!!!!! Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

I wish just once my wife would ask me “What do you want to do for Father’s Day?”  That would be nice.  I would like to go fishing with the kids or on a family hike, for example.

Instead, I get to go watch Secret Life of Pets and then go to a habachi dinner with another family.  I don’t even like the other family we’re going with, and I HATE habachi!  

Oh well, such is life I suppose.  I’ll just drink heavily and smile.  Father’s Day is not about fathers.  Stop lying to us.

• Haha (+1) 1

....and how the hell does sick stuff like this happen?.....a "father" executing his daughter?....good Lord, we're sinking..................

Washington father executed daughter over 'petty argument' about baby gate, prosecutors say

By Travis Fedschun | Fox News

An argument over installing a baby gate turned into a deadly confrontation between a father and daughter in Washington state that left the mother of a newborn dead, according to prosecutors.

Wendell Wilson, 68, is accused of shooting his 38-year-old daughter Lila Wilson multiple times on June 10 at their home in Renton, Wash., located just outside Seattle.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-father-executed-daughter-over-petty-argument-about-baby-gate-prosecutors-say

• Sad 2

...and how the hell does sick stuff like this happen?.....a "father" executing his daughter?....good Lord, we're sinking..................

Washington father executed daughter over 'petty argument' about baby gate, prosecutors say

By Travis Fedschun | Fox News

An argument over installing a baby gate turned into a deadly confrontation between a father and daughter in Washington state that left the mother of a newborn dead, according to prosecutors.

Wendell Wilson, 68, is accused of shooting his 38-year-old daughter Lila Wilson multiple times on June 10 at their home in Renton, Wash., located just outside Seattle.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-father-executed-daughter-over-petty-argument-about-baby-gate-prosecutors-say

17 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Geeez, put it back, don't be an Indian giver...

Oh wait, can I say that here???  ?

You got the ? for the ‘father and son in Bills gear’ photo.  Either you added the potential ‘child abuse’ photo later, or my phone initially did not display it.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’m one of the lucky ones. Playing hockey early afternoon and grilling out some steaks later on for everyone. Only thing missing is golf but had elbow surgery a few weeks ago so still not quite ready for that yet. Raining anyways so would have been a bad golf day (but good drinking day!). Did have to do 730 am church with a 2 1/2 year old tho

• Like (+1) 2

My wife at least thought about letting me join her in the shower this morning but instead made me a cup of coffee so I'd say that's a pretty good start to my day. 

Made cupcakes with my girls this morning also which was also nice. 

• Like (+1) 1

If you’re a father, earn your yearly accolades by being present in the moment every other day too—and since we all mess up, each new day is a new chance to get it right. Remember, you’re only a failure if your kids end up being Patriots fans :D

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

My wife at least thought about letting me join her in the shower this morning but instead made me a cup of coffee so I'd say that's a pretty good start to my day. 

Made cupcakes with my girls this morning also which was also nice. 

...sounds like you may have avoided "forcible touching charges" at least......just sayin'..........

20 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Somehow, this requires explanation...

Haha yeah seems kind of counter intuitive but it feels good enough to probably handle the non check / loosely competitive nature of the “beer league” hockey team I’m on. I won’t be teeing up slappers or anything like that. I probably could golf but it’s still a little tender to be taking full cuts over and over all day long. And of course when i inevitably hit the ground and take a huge chunk of earth with it, that’d probably sting a bit. It was a minor procedure (nerve related not structural) so from a healing perspective I can’t really “mess it up”. Still think I’m a couple weeks from golf though.

Edited by billsfanmiami(oh)
  • Thank you (+1) 1