The sensational story of Mike Bloomfield: from prodigy to tragedy

T&C

10 hours ago, T&C said:

Nice read on Michael Bloomfield, if you are familiar with his musical history... or heard his name and wondered who in the hell is this guy.

https://www.loudersound.com/features/mike-bloomfield-tombstone-blues?fbclid=IwAR2d1noRBZ3POPcYBaxoJY2QIg1BXa3cN7VCOnX_oaO2ZHdYyWdoTSdfFKU

Thanks for the post.  I have always loved his sound.  More guitar, less fuzz.  He seemed to stay "under appreciated" during is living years.  Here are two of my favorites.  The second one is very short but has a great sound to it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

A not uncommon tale: great musical ability but inability to reach commercial success.

Publishing rights is needed

aways remembered by me for Tombstone Blues

19 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Publishing rights is needed

aways remembered by me for Tombstone Blues

More than that, you need the material.  Millions of people can sing and play but without the material, you will only get so far.

Just now, Doc said:

More than that, you need the material.  Millions of people can sing and play but without the material, you will only get so far.

Introversion and drugs of the 60s didn’t help his problems 

5 hours ago, Doc said:

A not uncommon tale: great musical ability but inability to reach commercial success.

Who else would you put in this category? If I had to pick anyone it would be John Cipollina. QMS never had commercial success but was a very excellent band. He died at age 45 so who knows what "could have" happened.

The majority of commercial music sucks anyways. 

I put on Highway 61 in the car this morning... for nostalgia's sake.

16 minutes ago, row_33 said:

This wasn't reaching for top 40 cashbox $$$

and Fast Eddie Hoh on the skins

Strange but true... back in the LP heyday I used to see this in the bargain bins all of the time. 

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Strange but true... back in the LP heyday I used to see this in the bargain bins all of the time. 

couldn't afford to buy both this and Beck, Bogert & Appice

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, row_33 said:

This wasn't reaching for top 40 cashbox $$$

and Fast Eddie Hoh on the skins

In 69? this was one of my nightly go to albums along with "A Long Time Coming" and BST's "A Child is the Father to the Man."  Throw in a little Blues Project "Projections" once in a while and I could call it a night.   Threads like these are good at refreshing one's memory.  It has been a while since I listened to "Projections."   I'll have to dig it out.

Edited by Greybeard
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Greybeard said:

In 69? this was one of my nightly go to albums along with "A Long Time Coming" and BST's "A Child is the Father to the Man."  Throw in a little Blues Project "Projections" once in a while and I could call it a night.   Threads like these are good at refreshing one's memory.  It has been a while since I listened to "Projections."   I'll have to dig it out.

Always thought it was cool that Al Kooper produced their first album... HIGH school partying days...