Your Top 5 games

I was at the Bills @ Rams game in the heat of Olympic Stadium in Los Angeles in '16. Had seats in the third row next to the end zone, which gave me a great view of some great plays, including a sweet interception by Nickell Robey-Coleman. Tyrod was at his best. The Rams fans outnumbered the Bills fans by about ten to one, but we were louder. Afterwards, team members said that it felt like a home game. Bills won 30-19.

I was at the Chargers game in '17, too. That was a very different experience.

91 - Broncos AFC Championship - 3 missed Denver FG's in the first half, our own anemic offense bailed out by Bailey

92 - The Comeback game - 18 years old and ready to punch an Oilers fan at halftime

93 - Raiders AFC Division - 0 degrees at kickoff and the coldest I'd ever been.  My friend found a $20 bill on the ground and treated us all to hot cocoa (spiked with whiskey)

95 - Dolphins WC game - 300 bajillion yards rushing and one last butt-kicking administered to Don Shula and Tom Olivadotti

00 - Titans opening weekend.  Revenge game and probably the loudest I've ever heard the stadium

Only 35 games attended as I've lived outside of the area most of the last 15 years.  But still great memories

5. The home opener at Rich, Sept. 30, 1973: John Leypoldt's three FGs prove the difference.

4. AFC Championship vs. Denver.  A Bills win but Bronco defensive coordinator Wade Phillips figured out the K-Gun and Washington followed suit in SB win two weeks later.

3. AFC Championship vs. KC: Thurman running wild and the crowd swooning "Georgia" after the game as the Bills were headed to Atlanta for Dallas rematch...ugh...

2. Three Way Tie: Opener vs. Fish in 1980 which broke the infamous streak; the last home game that season vs. the Rams; and the "Roland Hooks Game" in 1981.

1. AFC Championship vs. Raiders: 41-3 at halftime and the party was on, pure euphoria in the midst of the Gulf War.

Edited by Ned Flanders

On 6/16/2019 at 12:22 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

The reason these "these are the cool games I attended" threads rarely have the legs the OP expects is that there are literally thousands of Bills fans who have been to 300-400 or more Bills games.    

Yep, I've only been to 3 games, so I'm out...

But I'll read through for a trip down memory lane. That Bills/Raiders game in '94 was actually a really good game. 

On 6/15/2019 at 11:51 PM, Boca BIlls said:

5. Shoots n Ladders

4. Life

3. Candy land

2. Risk

1. Monopoly

I'd replace candy land with stratego and leave the rest of the list as is.

As to Bills games...

5) Monday night vs Dallas, 2007. Lost the game but the first 59 plus minutes were great.

4) First home playoff game at what is now New Era field vs Houston, New Year's day 1989

3) 2011 Bills vs Patriots streak ender

2) September 30 1990 vs Broncos. Down 21-9 in the fourth quarter, Denver attempting a 30 chip shot field goal to put the game out of reach (no 2 point conversion back then.) I was standing in the tunnel about to make a B-line for the exit if the kick was good. Bennett blocks and returns 80 yards for TD. Followed quickly by a Leonard Smith pick-6. In my opinion the block turned the season around and started the Bills AFC dominance.

1) Seriously, no love for the comeback? 2-5 on the list could be in any order, number one not even a close call.

Edited by Steve O

1988 Bills-Jets at Giants Stadium. The Jets fans were burning down the stadium and I was loving every minute of a 37-14 Bills blowout win.

1996 Bills-Bengals at Rich Stadium. Boring game, but it was my first game at Rich Stadium and being from the NYC metro area, it was a treat for me.

1998 Seahawks-Jets at Giants Stadium. The Jets won the game on a non-TD sneak by Vinny Testaverde. The catalyst play that was used to bring back instant replay.

2014 Bills-Dolphins at Ralph Wilson Stadium. The game wasn't all that thrilling, as the Bills won easily, but it was the most electric stadium I was ever in.

1986 Dolphins-Jets at Giants Stadium. The shootout between O'Brien and Marion was something to behold. Plus, getting scores from around the NFL and it was the week of Jim Kelly's first win as a Buffalo Bill.

Edited by njbuff

OK, I already posted my #1 of Bills/Raiders/Monday Night/Ahmad Rashad for football game reasons. Now I have a tie for #2 & 3.  When each of my boys turned 16 while living in Florida I took them both to a home game, each time vs the Jets hoping to leave with a victory.  We split with one win and one loss, but it was awesome to take them and build that bond, helping to cement lifelong fandom. 

The sense of family and community is a huge part of being a Bills fan. I’m glad my boys understood that, even if we’ve sucked for most of their lives. They loved to laugh about the time we were playing a certain playoff game against the Titans and I was pacing around the house saying “it’s not over, it’s not over.....” They thought I was the new Nostradamus, but I was just an experienced Bills fan.   ?

At 38 years old, my truly memorable games are mostly gut wrenching losses. I was too young to really remember specific games during the Bills prime.

In no particular order ...

5. Jim Kelly's final game ... playoffs against the Steelers and Bruce Smith was sick and didn't play. 

4. Music City Miracle ... need I say more.

3. Fitzpatrick beats the Patriots in Buffalo ... what a fun game to watch.

2. Flutie vs. RJ in San Diego ... My first live Bills game, met Steve Christie and had a great time with a last minute loss.

1. Back in the playoffs after damn near 20 years vs Jaguars ... as usual ... a damn loss.

AND ... I just noticed you said you had to attend! But I've already typed it out, so it stays. 

Edited by LVGrown
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/17/2019 at 12:14 AM, Rocky Landing said:

I was at the Bills @ Rams game in the heat of Olympic Stadium in Los Angeles in '16. Had seats in the third row next to the end zone, which gave me a great view of some great plays, including a sweet interception by Nickell Robey-Coleman. Tyrod was at his best. The Rams fans outnumbered the Bills fans by about ten to one, but we were louder. Afterwards, team members said that it felt like a home game. Bills won 30-19.

I was at the Chargers game in '17, too. That was a very different experience.

I was at both those games too. No way it was 10-1 fan ratio for Rams game. Bills fans were probably a third of the fans in the stadium. It was amazing.

I left at half time of the Chargers game and threw my Bills hat in the trash walking out of the stadium.    

I’ll play, but I had seasons in ‘09 and had only been to two other games so get ready for some heartbreakers lol:

1. The 6-3 game vs the Browns. Impressively awful. Moorman was the MVP. We lost. I was incredibly drunk for this game and jousted with empty beer cans taped together with my friends. That was more entertaining.

2. The final game of the ‘07 season when the bills jumped to a nice lead over the giants in Q1. Then it rained incredibly hard... then snowed... and I froze to death watching the giants completely destroy us

3. Bills vs Chargers 08. There was an issue with the audio that day I think. Beautiful weather. Back then Trent Edwards looked competent. First game back from getting destroyed by Arizona. We won so that’s a plus too.

4. TO’s last game in 09. Crap weather and a shot season, but I was able to just enjoy the game/moment.

5. Bills vs Fins 09 - screw the fins. We played like garbage early on and the Henne gave us the ball so many times it was easy to look amazing.

now, video games:

1. Suikoden 2

2. Witcher 3

3. Final Fantasy Tactics

4. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

5. Super Mario world

Edited by KingBoots8

3. Bills Packers 1994. My friend wanted to see Bryce Paup up close during warm ups and I was like “who cares about this guy?” Only to be proudly wearing a Paup jersey the next season. 

2. Bills Raiders 1990 AFC Championship. Bo didn’t know snow and we had a steady “Schroeder” mocking chant going until the half when we knew the game was out of reach. 

1. Bills Broncos 2017. 1-1 coming into the game and half expecting to get blown out. Seeing more orange in the parking lot than a Florida grove. Had to decide whether or not to boo the anthem kneelers. Hauschka was money. The wife’s first game. Made the 12 hour drive each way worth it. 

1 hour ago, KingBoots8 said:

I’ll play, but I had seasons in ‘09 and had only been to two other games so get ready for some heartbreakers lol:

1. The 6-3 game vs the Browns. Impressively awful. Moorman was the MVP. We lost. I was incredibly drunk for this game and jousted with empty beer cans taped together with my friends. That was more entertaining.

2. The final game of the ‘07 season when the bills jumped to a nice lead over the giants in Q1. Then it rained incredibly hard... then snowed... and I froze to death watching the giants completely destroy us

3. Bills vs Chargers 08. There was an issue with the audio that day I think. Beautiful weather. Back then Trent Edwards looked competent. First game back from getting destroyed by Arizona. We won so that’s a plus too.

4. TO’s last game in 09. Crap weather and a shot season, but I was able to just enjoy the game/moment.

5. Bills vs Fins 09 - screw the fins. We played like garbage early on and the Henne gave us the ball so many times it was easy to look amazing.

now, video games:

1. Suikoden 2

2. Witcher 3

3. Final Fantasy Tactics

4. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

5. Super Mario world

6-3 game was awesome.  I almost put it on my list.  I still think it has to be sa serious contender for worst NFL game ever. It was so bad, it was a privilege to be there.  

• Like (+1) 1

1. Bills vs Jets 10/21/90 - My very first game ever attended.  Game winning TD pass from Jim Kelly to Jamie Mueller as time was expiring.  What a first game experience!

2. Bills vs Dolphins 12/23/90 - My second game ever attended.  Frank Reich leads the Bills to the AFC East title with a monster game from Thurman.  The goal posts came down!

3. 1991 AFC Championship game vs Broncos - My first playoff game attended.  It was a defensive slugfest but we came out with the victory.

4. 1993 AFC Divisional playoff game vs Raiders - Coldest game I ever attended.  With the windchill, a nasty -32F

5. 1992 AFC Wild Card game vs Oilers: The Comeback -  Attended this game with my dad.  The most memorable game I ever attended.

On 6/16/2019 at 6:28 AM, Joe in Winslow said:

What do you think?

As for my top 5:

WoW

Neverwinter nights

Baldurs gate 

Baldurs gate 2

Bard's tale

Love your list but I’d have to sub WoW with Heroes of Dragon Age and Bard’s Tale with Skyrim!

Games I have attended.

2000 Home opener vs Tennessee. First game after Home Run Throw Up

2001  Vs Seahawks on a warm day in November.  Kelly's  jersey retired.

1994  hosting the Vikings.  It was the first NFL game for my daughters

2007  Home Opener vs Denver...Kevin Everett.

2012  Home Opener versus Chiefs.

Home openers always are enjoyed with the good peeps at TBD at Hammer's lot.

Unfortunately we are 1-6 in games I have attended. All during the drought era. I wouldn't say any of them were good games including the lone win @ Carolina in '09. All were road games except for the '07 season opener against Denver, the Kevin Everett game. That was probably the most entertaining game from start to finish with a 20 yard Beast Mode TD run, Roscoe Parrish punt return TD and the dramatics of Jason Elam running on the field to kick the game winner with no timeouts and the clock ticking down. Really sucked the life out of the stadium. 

It's hard to go to road games and expect wins or good football when you are a perennial 6-10/7-9 team every year.