Your Top 5 games

Copying a NFL.com piece. The only stipuation I have is it must be a game you attended. I've been to many playoff games and several road games but sadly none of the SuperBowls.

5. Bills Denver 1987. Biscuit's first game.  After sacking Elway from he left, he lined up outside of Bruce's shoulder on the right and Elway simply looked over and called timeout. 

4. Seahawks - 49ers NFC Championship : First playoff game with both my two boys.  I went to Jacksonville with my younger son and that almost made the list too.

3. Bills - Dolphins 1987, Marino's TD streak comes to an end. I turned to my brother and we both said at the same time Strock is coming in; the streak is over. I have been to many playoff games and other wins, but this just felt like the team was becoming a true contender at that moment. 

2. Bills - Raiders, 1994 Division Round Playoff game. Coldest I have ever been at a game. Drove from Columbus, OH that day and met my three brothers at the stadium for the game.

1. Bills - Jets, 1988. Clinch the division and tear down the goal posts. And yes my head is in the Buffalo News picture.

Honorable mentions, At Chiefs 2011, at Arizona 2012 OT win, At Browns 1995 Monday Night Football, met Senator Al D'amato after the game, at Lambeau 2018 first time there, Steelers 1979 Preseason - first game I ever attended.

1.  First AFL championship game

2.  1974 season opener Monday night Raiders game

3.  Beating the Raiders to go to SuperBowl 1.

4.  Season opener 1980, finally squishing the Fish.

5.  Monday night game against KC watching OJ go over 1000 half way through the season

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1. 9/7/1980.  Bills beat Miami.  My first NFL game with my Dad

2.  Bills /Jets 1988 

Freddy Smerlas blocks the field goal and we go on to win. I help carry the goal posts.

3.  Bills / KC.  AFC Championship.

Hey Joe!   Na na na na Goodbye!!!!!

4.  Bills / Detroit

Watching Barry Sanders after heckling his back up DJ Dozier. Sanders ran 40 yards for a   One yard gain. Bills won but what a treat it was to watch Sanders

5.   Bills/ Panthers

E.J. comeback game, on my Birthday, with my Son at his first game at the Ralph.

We were front row, upper deck corner EZ where the winning pass was caught.

• Like (+1) 1

1st: 1990-1 AFC Championship on 1/20/91.  Bills 51 Raiders 3. I had already bought my airline ticket to Orlando (not flying into the Super Bowl city is much cheaper & easier for flights, car rentals etc) for the Super Bowl and by halftime I knew I was going.  The whole 2nd half was a celebration of the Bills 1st Super Bowl appearance.  

2nd: The comeback on 1/3/93.  Bills  41 Oilers 38.  Not only did I stay the whole game, but after I got home about 5 hours later the 1st thing I did was watch the tape of the game I had just seen.  

3rd: Super Bowl XXV Bills 19 Giants 20.  I was so excited to go to the Super Bowl I barely slept all week.  Even though we lost, I was so proud to have seen a great game.  

4th: Opening day 9/7/80.  Bills 17 Dolphins 7.  The 10 year losing streak vs Miami was over.  I like many other fans went on the field after the game, the only time I've ever been on the field.

5th: 12/9/73.  Bills 37 Patriots 13.  My 1st NFL game.  Growing up in the NYC metro area my father didn't know how to get tickets to the Giants & after the Super Bowl victory Jets tickets were tough too.  So I had never been to an NFL game until I was in college & I heard such bad things about the Rockpile when I 1st got to WNY, that I waited until the new stadium opened before going to a game.  

The biggest conclusion after looking at the dates:  There hasn't been a lot of thrills in recent years.  Also, I gave up my seasons after 22 years after the 2011 season.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The reason these "these are the cool games I attended" threads rarely have the legs the OP expects is that there are literally thousands of Bills fans who have been to 300-400 or more Bills games.    

So what are your top 5?  Or did you just chime in to be a dick?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

So what are your top 5?  Or did you just chime in to be a dick?

What do you think?

As for my top 5:

WoW

Neverwinter nights

Baldurs gate 

Baldurs gate 2

Bard's tale

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Awesome! (+1) 1