2019-2020 NBA Thread

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The Nets prefer Kyrie over DLO. They held up on signing DLO until they knew they had Kyrie under contract. If DLO goes to LA or wherever it is because he was let go by his own team. Also, it was because the Nets signed Irving that they were also able to sign Durant. That wouldn't have been the case if DLO was signed instead of Irving. 

He went to the Warriors on a huge deal - sign and trade 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

That's surprising. It's a great place for him because it will be an environment where he will become a more balanced player. The best thing that happened to him is leaving LA and starting over where it was a better environment for him to mature. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Reports now are that dlo is a (very expensive) 1 year rental while klay heals up.  He will likely be traded next off season.  If those reports are true the warriors are going to ruin their reputation with players a la the celtics trading i.t.  Unless dlo was in on this from the start....

The nba off season is much shorter than the NFL's but man it is so much more interesting!

Retire the number of a guy who played 3 years.....for a team that were already champs without him?  ?

The big crisis is how SF’s sports radio station will fill the 60% of air time they spent talking about Durant.

14 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Retire the number of a guy who played 3 years.....for a team that were already champs without him?  ?

The big crisis is how SF’s sports radio station will fill the 60% of air time they spent talking about Durant.

I can’t get over how lame that is 

8 hours ago, KD in CA said:

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t get over how lame that is 

I think it’s code for “maybe he won’t sue our team doctor now.” 

Weird to say the least. 

• Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, stony said:

I think it’s code for “maybe he won’t sue our team doctor now.” 

Weird to say the least. 

I thought the same thing - trying to save face. I saw they also got rid of iggy after he criticized their medical staff 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought the same thing - trying to save face. I saw they also got rid of iggy after he criticized their medical staff 

Wasn’t he a finals MVP too?  I guess they should have retired his number.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/30/2019 at 5:24 PM, section122 said:

Speaking of woj his credibility has taken a huge hit recently.  Reminiscent of schefter with his pumping up marrone, woj has nothing but good things to say about the clippers and has linked everyone to them.

Well this didn't age well lol.  Kawhi really pulled one off on the lakers!

I'm surprised okc played along but that is a haul!  NBA Jam needs to come back with all these 2 teams that have 2 superstars!

On 7/2/2019 at 9:49 AM, KD in CA said:

I just saw a report where the Warriors will retire Iggy's number too lol

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

can you explain this to me Yolo? why the Thunder do this deal?

On a broadcast it was speculated that the Thunder will probably buy out Chris Paul. OKC will be in a major rebuild and they know that Westbrook would not want to be part of that process. 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

can you explain this to me Yolo? why the Thunder do this deal?

They are rebuilding at this point. Westbrook alone does them no good, so they wanted the picks. Not sure what will happen with CP3. It has to suck to be a okc fan. At one point you were in the finals and had Durant, Harden, and Westbrook, 3 of the best players and biggest stars in the league. Then one by one they are all gone. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are rebuilding at this point. Westbrook alone does them no good, so they wanted the picks. Not sure what will happen with CP3. It has to suck to be a okc fan. At one point you were in the finals and had Durant, Harden, and Westbrook, 3 of the best players and biggest stars in the league. Then one by one they are all gone. 

Well said. It also wouldn't surprise me if they flip Paul for more assets at this point.  

Presti has played a couple of bad hands just about as well as anyone could expect.  Impressive.  The NBA is so fun. 

On 7/2/2019 at 10:49 AM, KD in CA said:

He didn’t really earn it, it was just that Curry wasn’t all that impressive, so the cynics and haters had to find someone else.

Cornbread Maxwell was another cynical pick by the jaded media.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

the picks are in 24 and 26...thats a hell of a long rebuild LOL. And @JohnC, Paul is owed like another $80M i believe..cant believe a team like OKC can eat that. 

Just getting up, will flutter around the interwebs a bit to see what I am missing

(edit)

owed $124M for next 3 seasons..not bad work if ya can find it eh?

has to be flipped, no doubt. Will prolly have to take a pretty good clip on a buyout..which i guess you can do in the NBA?

OKC now has 16 first round picks through 2026..GMTM is calling them them with expertise on how to use that haul!

Edited by plenzmd1

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

the picks are in 24 and 26...thats a hell of a long rebuild LOL. And @JohnC, Paul is owed like another $80M i believe..cant believe a team like OKC can eat that. 

Just getting up, will flutter around the interwebs a bit to see what I am missing

(edit)

owed $124M for next 3 seasons..not bad work if ya can find it eh?

has to be flipped, no doubt. Will prolly have to take a pretty good clip on a buyout..which i guess you can do in the NBA?

OKC now has 16 first round picks through 2026..GMTM is calling them them with expertise on how to use that haul!

I heard they have been scouting the 5th grade rec leagues and think 2026 is going to be an epic draft 

actually I think they are going right try and flip CP3 for more picks too 

• Haha (+1) 1