2019-2020 NBA Thread

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Ditto. I didn’t watch nearly as many Celts game as I normally do. I’d be energized if they do land Kemba.

I’d like to see Ainge move some of those future 1s for another impact player if possible

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’d like to see Ainge move some of those future 1s for another impact player if possible

Kemba, Brown, Tatum, Gordon

You’d be moving the picks for a bigger body? That scares me because the good ones aren’t available and the middle tier guys are overvalued. I’d be excited if they could find a fit though.

3 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I don’t have a team, but I would love to see Kawhi team up with Bron and AD, just to see the warriors fans cry 

The Miami experience wasn’t enough for yah? 

3 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Kemba, Brown, Tatum, Gordon

You’d be moving the picks for a bigger body? That scares me because the good ones aren’t available and the middle tier guys are overvalued. I’d be excited if they could find a fit though.

The Miami experience wasn’t enough for yah? 

Yes, but not sure who.

On 6/28/2019 at 6:41 PM, GETTOTHE50 said:

I don’t have a team, but I would love to see Kawhi team up with Bron and AD, just to see the warriors fans cry 

The Warriors lost the championship... There are no more Warriors fans.

They probably already took the bandwagon down the coast to LA.

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

As a Nets fan this sucks. Why you'd let a younger player like DLO go for this cancer is unreal. I thought Sean Marks and Kenny Atkinson knew what they were doing.

I think a lot of Nets fans feel that way, and as someone who lived through the Kyrie experience not once but twice (living around cavs fans/media and then as a Celtics fan myself) I can’t really blame them. DLO, I think, wants to go back to LA so I wonder if they think he will not re-sign with them anyway when he becomes a UFA  and taking the opportunity to lock up Kyrie while they can. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think a lot of Nets fans feel that way, and as someone who lived through the Kyrie experience not once but twice (living around cavs fans/media and then as a Celtics fan myself) I can’t really blame them. DLO, I think, wants to go back to LA so I wonder if they think he will not re-sign with them anyway when he becomes a UFA next year and taking the opportunity to lock up Kyrie while they can. 

Nets should have picked up the option and didn't , but in their defense he had a breakoiut year

4 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Nets should have picked up the option and didn't , but in their defense he had a breakoiut year

I agree. I’ve followed DLO since his Buckeye days of course, I think he was a little raw to go to the NBA, wasn’t considered a 1 and done type entering college, but can’t blame him for leaving. Always thought he would need a couple years. That Lakers situation he went to wasn’t great for him (replacing Kobe). Also not sure he was ready to live in LA. Anyway, the talent was always there but I can see why they weren’t sure about him. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree. I’ve followed DLO since his Buckeye days of course, I think he was a little raw to go to the NBA, wasn’t considered a 1 and done type entering college, but can’t blame him for leaving. Always thought he would need a couple years. That Lakers situation he went to wasn’t great for him (replacing Kobe). Also not sure he was ready to live in LA. Anyway, the talent was always there but I can see why they weren’t sure about him. 

He gave a lot of credit for his breakout season to Kenny Atkinson. Kenny really worked with him and told he needed to improve. Dlo then stayed in Brooklyn in the off season and worked with the Nets coachs (to his credit). I wish him the best.

17 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

As a Nets fan this sucks. Why you'd let a younger player like DLO go for this cancer is unreal. I thought Sean Marks and Kenny Atkinson knew what they were doing.

As a nets fan you should be pumped.  Kyrie and kd are a pair.  Woj is now reporting kd to the nets will happen tonight.

Speaking of woj his credibility has taken a huge hit recently.  Reminiscent of schefter with his pumping up marrone, woj has nothing but good things to say about the clippers and has linked everyone to them.

1 minute ago, section122 said:

As a nets fan you should be pumped.  Kyrie and kd are a pair.  Woj is now reporting kd to the nets will happen tonight.

Speaking of woj his credibility has taken a huge hit recently.  Reminiscent of schefter with his pumping up marrone, woj has nothing but good things to say about the clippers and has linked everyone to them.

Yah they (sheffy and woj) sometimes go over board and get burned.

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think a lot of Nets fans feel that way, and as someone who lived through the Kyrie experience not once but twice (living around cavs fans/media and then as a Celtics fan myself) I can’t really blame them. DLO, I think, wants to go back to LA so I wonder if they think he will not re-sign with them anyway when he becomes a UFA  and taking the opportunity to lock up Kyrie while they can.

The Nets prefer Kyrie over DLO. They held up on signing DLO until they knew they had Kyrie under contract. If DLO goes to LA or wherever it is because he was let go by his own team. Also, it was because the Nets signed Irving that they were also able to sign Durant. That wouldn't have been the case if DLO was signed instead of Irving.