2019-2020 NBA Thread

YoloinOhio

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Here we go!

New Orleans could've got that deal back in February.......so much for the new GM doing better..........not having to give up Kyle Kuzma makes it a great deal for the Lakers, IMO.

Lakers now the very early Vegas favorite to win it all in 2019.

A+ for Lakers ...they get a top 5 player in his prime.  None of the other guys going the other way project as an All Star IMO.  

19 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

New Orleans could've got that deal back in February.......so much for the new GM doing better..........not having to give up Kyle Kuzma makes it a great deal for the Lakers, IMO.

Only thing I can think of is taking one last whack for Tatum. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Except there’s a good chance doing in February makes the 4 much worse if AD helps a playoff run and never know if the new blood hurts the pels shot at 1.

this thread also isn’t including the ability the swap picks with the Lakers in the seasons they don’t have their 1.

not a GREAT haul but given his ability to tank this season and walk in a year, and also his ability to refuse to sign elsewhere.... not a bad trade 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Except there’s a good chance doing in February makes the 4 much worse if AD helps a playoff run and never know if the new blood hurts the pels shot at 1.

this thread also isn’t including the ability the swap picks with the Lakers in the seasons they don’t have their 1.

not a GREAT haul but given his ability to tank this season and walk in a year, and also his ability to refuse to sign elsewhere.... not a bad trade 

I agree. With one year left on his contract, with AD not wanting to stay with NO... 

29 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Yeah good point about the 2019 draft implications of not making the deal earlier.    The Pelicans getting Zion was just a stroke of luck but I think LA getting the #4 pick worked out better for LA too because then they didn't have to give up Kuzma.    Can't see that deal getting done without Kuzma without the Lakers getting that very high #1 pick in the lottery.

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Lonzo and Ingram are ????

Lakers are happy to get rid of those bums. 

I think the hope in Nola is spin Lonzo and 4 into a solid player, let Ingram be your boom or bust asset short term and then know you have good draft capital. 

I could be wrong but id be a little surprised if lonzo ever sets foot in the pels home locker room.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NoSaint said:

I think the hope in Nola is spin Lonzo and 4 into a solid player, let Ingram be your boom or bust asset short term and then know you have good draft capital. 

I could be wrong but id be a little surprised if lonzo ever sets foot in the pels home locker room.

Because of Holliday or crazy dad?  

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

And if you figure LeBron is last legs, and the pels weren’t consistently winning with Davis (and just traded all their high picks and young assets) there’s a chance some of those are decent picks down the line 

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This isn't quite right.  It is:

No. 4 in 2019

2021 pick goes to pels if it is top 8.  If not 2022 goes and is unprotected.

Pick swap in 2023

Unprotected first in 2024 with the right to defer to 2025.  If that happens the pick swap gets pushed to 2026.

So the Lakers will still have picks to utilize it will be the pels choice which one they get though.  Barring injury I think the draft capital won't be as great as it appears to be now but this has potential to blow up huge in the Lakers face.

I'm a Lakers fan and really happy with the deal.  This is being on the opposite end of the Shaq to the heat deal for me.  We gave up some good players and got a superstar.  Make that deall 100 times out a 100 in the nba.

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting 

I don't buy this for one second.  This is some retroactive protect the locker room propaganda.

2 minutes ago, section122 said:

This isn't quite right.  It is:

No. 4 in 2019

2021 pick goes to pels if it is top 8.  If not 2022 goes and is unprotected.

Pick swap in 2023

Unprotected first in 2024 with the right to defer to 2025.  If that happens the pick swap gets pushed to 2026.

So the Lakers will still have picks to utilize it will be the pels choice which one they get though.  Barring injury I think the draft capital won't be as great as it appears to be now but this has potential to blow up huge in the Lakers face.

I'm a Lakers fan and really happy with the deal.  This is being on the opposite end of the Shaq to the heat deal for me.  We gave up some good players and got a superstar.  Make that deall 100 times out a 100 in the nba.

I don't buy this for one second.  This is some retroactive protect the locker room propaganda.

IDK, he's the only player discussed with legit All Star upside potential.  If I'm Ainge, I can't risk losing him with Kyrie out the door and AD not going to re-up in 1 year.  

• Like (+1) 1

I approve of the Celtics draft picks. That is all. 

Brad Stevens reaching deep into the state of Indiana - ok with me. I watch a ton of Big 10 b-ball and Edwards and Langford are ballers. 

Edited by YoloinOhio