Jump to content
HOUSE

O.J. Simpson joins Twitter; says he has a ‘little getting even to do’

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, HOUSE said:
FILE - In this Nov. 25, 1976 file photo, Buffalo Bills' O.J. Simpson rushes through a large hole in the center fo the Detroit Lions defensive line to score on a 12-yard run for his second touchdown of the game in an NFL football game in Pontiac, Mich. Simpson added some "Juice" - rushing for a Thanksgiving Day-record 273 yards - to what wound up as a 27-14 Bills defeat at the hands of the Lions at the Pontiac Silverdome on Thanksgiving Day 1976. (AP Photo/File)

 

By Ryan Talbot | rtalbot@nyup.com

Former Buffalo Bills running back O.J. Simpson has joined Twitter.

What could go wrong?

The Bills’ No. 2 all-time running back announced he was joining the social media site early on Saturday morning with a brief video and the caption, “Coming Soon!!!”

In it, Simpson shares that he will be sharing his thoughts and opinions on just about everything.

Hey Twitter world. This is yours truly. Coming soon to Twitter, you’ll get to read all my thoughts and opinions on just about everything,” Simpson says. “Now there’s a lot of fake O.J. accounts out there, so this one, @TheRealOJ32 is the only official one. So, it should be a lot of fun. I got a little getting even to do. This should be fun. So God Bless, take care."

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/06/former-buffalo-bills-rb-oj-simpson-joins-twitter-says-he-has-a-little-getting-even-to-do.html

 

God bless ... heh ... rot in hell, murderer.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

He could catch too, just imagine him today in a passing offense:

 

 

Notice he took kickoffs too.

 

For those of you too young to see this live, you really missed out!

 

But then again....I didn’t have an iPhone in middle school, so......

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

For those of you too young to see this live, you really missed out!

 

But then again....I didn’t have an iPhone in middle school, so......

I was born in '68... So I mostly caught him the later years in BFLo... Like '74-'77... Still young... But a few games like a Dolphin's game stand out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I was born in '68... So I mostly caught him the later years in BFLo... Like '74-'77... Still young... But a few games like a Dolphin's game stand out!

 

I clearly remember watching a game where he picked up 250 yards vs the BOSTON Patriots with friends at a friend of my parents. It was crazy good. Another home game where he went right at their little DB’s. He didn’t like to hit unless he would be the winner. He might be....what he became, but he was one helluva RB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somewhere out there is an airheaded bimbo who is going to date him. I feel sorry for her family. "We're really glad you could come visit for Thanksgiving, OJ. Now, who's going to carve the turkey?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how the search for the “real killers” is going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Success said:

I wonder how the search for the “real killers” is going?

 

I’m guessing they are on the back nine, somewhere.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps he'll only rent from Avis now.

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

But!  He's OUR disgrace.

 

And we have our share, from OJ to Tim McBomber.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I was born in '68... So I mostly caught him the later years in BFLo... Like '74-'77... Still young... But a few games like a Dolphin's game stand out!

I was ten when OJ ran for 2003 yards. At school, many of us kids had "The Juice is Loose" t-shirts. OJ kept the Bills on the map. The Dolphins killed us on a regular basis until Kelly & Co. arrived. I remember watching games hoping OJ would win one for us. He was larger than life in WNY...making it sometimes difficult to comprehend his later life and fall from grace. Then again, we see this everyday in our culture.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They would have been better NOT prosecuting OJ so fast.  Let it play out... Even if it took years.  DNA was on the cusp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I was ten when OJ ran for 2003 yards. At school, many of us kids had "The Juice is Loose" t-shirts. OJ kept the Bills on the map. The Dolphins killed us on a regular basis until Kelly & Co. arrived. I remember watching games hoping OJ would win one for us. He was larger than life in WNY...making it sometimes difficult to comprehend his later life and fall from grace. Then again, we see this everyday in our culture.

My mother inlaw was an RN @ Mercy hospital.  OJ would get checked in under the alias: Mr. Treesweet. LoL...

A few years back... An old (AA) guy, Wal-mart greeter here in Illinois noticed my Bills cap.  He said he worked for Ralph in Detroit... "Ralph would fly them into Buffalo to see OJ run."

 

Ralph is cheap!  LoL...

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

My mother inlaw was an RN @ Mercy hospital.  OJ would get checked in under the alias: Mr. Treesweet. LoL...

A few years back... An old (AA) guy, Wal-mart greeter here in Illinois noticed my Bills cap.  He said he worked for Ralph in Detroit... "Ralph would fly them into Buffalo to see OJ run."

 

Ralph is cheap!  LoL...

That's right...Treesweet! it was the best...they don't make it anymore. That's quite a story. You and I were around at the same time. I live in Chicago now myself. I have a Bills t-shirt that I am going to wear on casual Friday!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OJ's first message on Twitter should be:

 

//\ <Esc>  (slash slash backslash escape)

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

My mother inlaw was an RN @ Mercy hospital.  OJ would get checked in under the alias: Mr. Treesweet. LoL...

A few years back... An old (AA) guy, Wal-mart greeter here in Illinois noticed my Bills cap.  He said he worked for Ralph in Detroit... "Ralph would fly them into Buffalo to see OJ run."

 

Ralph is cheap!  LoL...

Looking back, football was even more fun than it is today. We didn't have the internet, draft profiles (unless we bought one of those out dated magazines)and ready news stories. We had to anticipate the coming games much more so than today.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Looking back, football was even more fun than it is today. We didn't have the internet, draft profiles (unless we bought one of those out dated magazines)and ready news stories. We had to anticipate the coming games much more so than today.

Exactly.  The game is bigger, faster, stronger today... But NOT better.  It's worse.

 

NFL is unwatchable on TV in 2019. Only slightly better in person because of the circus environment.  Game in 2019 is garbage, if NOT tacitly pushed outcomes with too many cameras, reviews, electronic devices, wireless, bizarre rules that are incongruous with the game itself!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Exactly.  The game is bigger, faster, stronger today... But NOT better.  It's worse.

 

NFL is unwatchable on TV in 2019. Only slightly better in person because of the circus environment.  Game in 2019 is garbage, if NOT tacitly pushed outcomes with too many cameras, reviews, electronic devices, wireless, bizarre rules that are incongruous with the game itself!

You mention tacitly pushed,  and a really commercial and aesthetic white out as well. During the playoffs, the best games are the divisional and conference championships. The Super Bowl is so corny now.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

You mention tacitly pushed,  and a really commercial and aesthetic white out as well. During the playoffs, the best games are the divisional and conference championships. The Super Bowl is so corny now.

Yeah... That's my wacky conspiracy theory.  IMO the pushed outcomes are unintentional 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sorry O.J. for clothes pinning your rookie card on my bicycle front tire between the spokes.....

 

.....but you stunk as a rookie and the card seemed useless back then.

 

How was I to know you'd need it to live on 50 years later.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... That's my wacky conspiracy theory.  IMO the pushed outcomes are unintentional 

Perhaps unintentional, but a sign of the times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

NFL is unwatchable on TV in 2019. Only slightly better in person because of the circus environment.  Game in 2019 is garbage

 

19 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

You mention tacitly pushed,  and a really commercial and aesthetic white out as well. During the playoffs, the best games are the divisional and conference championships. The Super Bowl is so corny now.

 

Super Bowl has been corny for about 20 years now.  Pregame shows, red carpet interviews, crappy pop music halftime shows, even the commercials have jumped the shark

 

But I think the overall quality of the NFL will improve once the Patriots* dominance ends.  It's just not enjoyable seeing the same team there every single year.  Same with the College Football playoff system.  I had such high hopes for it but now it's just an formality for Clemson and Alabama

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

 

 

Super Bowl has been corny for about 20 years now.  Pregame shows, red carpet interviews, crappy pop music halftime shows, even the commercials have jumped the shark

 

But I think the overall quality of the NFL will improve once the Patriots* dominance ends.  It's just not enjoyable seeing the same team there every single year.  Same with the College Football playoff system.  I had such high hopes for it but now it's just an formality for Clemson and Alabama

I can't agree with you more. All of the media centered imagery, commercials and the importance of winning. As much as I can respect New England, it is time for them to go. We all like to have a nemesis or rival in sports, but it has lost its luster. It was never fun in the first place...now it is annoying.

19 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

 

 

Super Bowl has been corny for about 20 years now.  Pregame shows, red carpet interviews, crappy pop music halftime shows, even the commercials have jumped the shark

 

But I think the overall quality of the NFL will improve once the Patriots* dominance ends.  It's just not enjoyable seeing the same team there every single year.  Same with the College Football playoff system.  I had such high hopes for it but now it's just an formality for Clemson and Alabama

 

 

Edited by Rocket94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"In other news....In an effort to fly under the radar and out of the public eye, OJ Simpson has reportedly changed his name to Stabby McStabberson"

Tomt.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

"In other news....In an effort to fly under the radar and out of the public eye, OJ Simpson has reportedly changed his name to Stabby McStabberson"

Tomt.png

 

 

33kl3q.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...