O.J. Simpson joins Twitter; says he has a ‘little getting even to do’

59 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I was ten when OJ ran for 2003 yards. At school, many of us kids had "The Juice is Loose" t-shirts. OJ kept the Bills on the map. The Dolphins killed us on a regular basis until Kelly & Co. arrived. I remember watching games hoping OJ would win one for us. He was larger than life in WNY...making it sometimes difficult to comprehend his later life and fall from grace. Then again, we see this everyday in our culture.

My mother inlaw was an RN @ Mercy hospital.  OJ would get checked in under the alias: Mr. Treesweet. LoL...

A few years back... An old (AA) guy, Wal-mart greeter here in Illinois noticed my Bills cap.  He said he worked for Ralph in Detroit... "Ralph would fly them into Buffalo to see OJ run."

Ralph is cheap!  LoL...

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

My mother inlaw was an RN @ Mercy hospital.  OJ would get checked in under the alias: Mr. Treesweet. LoL...

A few years back... An old (AA) guy, Wal-mart greeter here in Illinois noticed my Bills cap.  He said he worked for Ralph in Detroit... "Ralph would fly them into Buffalo to see OJ run."

Ralph is cheap!  LoL...

That's right...Treesweet! it was the best...they don't make it anymore. That's quite a story. You and I were around at the same time. I live in Chicago now myself. I have a Bills t-shirt that I am going to wear on casual Friday!

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Ralph is cheap!  LoL...

Looking back, football was even more fun than it is today. We didn't have the internet, draft profiles (unless we bought one of those out dated magazines)and ready news stories. We had to anticipate the coming games much more so than today.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Looking back, football was even more fun than it is today. We didn't have the internet, draft profiles (unless we bought one of those out dated magazines)and ready news stories. We had to anticipate the coming games much more so than today.

Exactly.  The game is bigger, faster, stronger today... But NOT better.  It's worse.

NFL is unwatchable on TV in 2019. Only slightly better in person because of the circus environment.  Game in 2019 is garbage, if NOT tacitly pushed outcomes with too many cameras, reviews, electronic devices, wireless, bizarre rules that are incongruous with the game itself!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Exactly.  The game is bigger, faster, stronger today... But NOT better.  It's worse.

NFL is unwatchable on TV in 2019. Only slightly better in person because of the circus environment.  Game in 2019 is garbage, if NOT tacitly pushed outcomes with too many cameras, reviews, electronic devices, wireless, bizarre rules that are incongruous with the game itself!

You mention tacitly pushed,  and a really commercial and aesthetic white out as well. During the playoffs, the best games are the divisional and conference championships. The Super Bowl is so corny now.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

You mention tacitly pushed,  and a really commercial and aesthetic white out as well. During the playoffs, the best games are the divisional and conference championships. The Super Bowl is so corny now.

Yeah... That's my wacky conspiracy theory.  IMO the pushed outcomes are unintentional 

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry O.J. for clothes pinning your rookie card on my bicycle front tire between the spokes.....

.....but you stunk as a rookie and the card seemed useless back then.

How was I to know you'd need it to live on 50 years later.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

NFL is unwatchable on TV in 2019. Only slightly better in person because of the circus environment.  Game in 2019 is garbage

19 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Super Bowl has been corny for about 20 years now.  Pregame shows, red carpet interviews, crappy pop music halftime shows, even the commercials have jumped the shark

But I think the overall quality of the NFL will improve once the Patriots* dominance ends.  It's just not enjoyable seeing the same team there every single year.  Same with the College Football playoff system.  I had such high hopes for it but now it's just an formality for Clemson and Alabama

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Super Bowl has been corny for about 20 years now.  Pregame shows, red carpet interviews, crappy pop music halftime shows, even the commercials have jumped the shark

But I think the overall quality of the NFL will improve once the Patriots* dominance ends.  It's just not enjoyable seeing the same team there every single year.  Same with the College Football playoff system.  I had such high hopes for it but now it's just an formality for Clemson and Alabama

I can't agree with you more. All of the media centered imagery, commercials and the importance of winning. As much as I can respect New England, it is time for them to go. We all like to have a nemesis or rival in sports, but it has lost its luster. It was never fun in the first place...now it is annoying.

19 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Edited by Rocket94

3 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Countdown to him going to Cameo...

Hey!  Fred Jackson is only $55!  I would take 10 calls from him instead of that smarmy a****** host from ‘The Bachelor’, who’s getting $550 a call.  That’s $50 more than Bret Favre!  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Requisite outrage added. ?