O.J. Simpson joins Twitter; says he has a ‘little getting even to do’

3 hours ago, Bring it said:

OJ is a disgrace!

But!  He's OUR disgrace.

Thank you very much! 

5 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

He used to run straight through the "Iron Curtain"

And over a few Samosonites trying to get to his Hertz rental... While most people were running away from a 1977 Plymouth Fury!!!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

But!  He's OUR disgrace.

Thank you very much! 

And over a few Samosonites trying to get to his Hertz rental... While most people were running away from a 1977 Plymouth Fury!!!

Yep...kept him in shape during the off season! ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Thoughts on everything, huh?  Can't wait to hear his thoughts on the meaning of life and who the "real" killer was.

I hate to think he'll sully the normally intelligent and important twitter discourse.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Where was y’all when OJ was found innocent?

I was a middle school student when he went to trial and I really wanted to believe OJ was innocent.  I remember in school, a teacher had us write down on a piece of paper what the verdict would be.  If you got it correct, you received extra credit for the upcoming unit test.  

He talked to our class a little about the legal system and the trial, implying that it was obvious OJ was going to be found guilty and essentially said anyone who put down “not guilty” was an idiot.  Most people believed their teacher.

So because he was a former Bill, I wrote down “not guilty.”  We had a TV in our room and after they read the verdict for the first count, he held up his finger so as to say “he was not guilty of the first charge, but watch...he’s guilty of the rest.”

when he was innocent, some people in the class cheered.  You could hear some other students running down the hallways celebrating, chanting, and banging on the lockers.  

As for my teacher, he was crestfallen.  He talked quite a bit of trash about OJ before then and really thought he would be guilty.  But he shook his head and kept saying “he got away with murder.”  We have him a hard time about it for weeks after, not realizing the gravity of the situation.  But he was an older guy but also pretty cool.  Great teacher. 

I did get the extra credit and was one of the few who wrote down “not guilty.”  But years later, I realize my teacher was probably right about OJ. 

Edited by Phil The Thrill

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

For those that saw him play, because I didn’t, what made him so great?

was it: 

his ability to cut and slash his way through double teams?

his ability to escape after he was clearly hemmed in?

Those massive hands that don’t fit normal gloves? 

Or or was it on the field stuff? 

He could catch too, just imagine him today in a passing offense:

Notice he took kickoffs too.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, HOUSE said:
FILE - In this Nov. 25, 1976 file photo, Buffalo Bills' O.J. Simpson rushes through a large hole in the center fo the Detroit Lions defensive line to score on a 12-yard run for his second touchdown of the game in an NFL football game in Pontiac, Mich. Simpson added some "Juice" - rushing for a Thanksgiving Day-record 273 yards - to what wound up as a 27-14 Bills defeat at the hands of the Lions at the Pontiac Silverdome on Thanksgiving Day 1976. (AP Photo/File)

By Ryan Talbot | rtalbot@nyup.com

Former Buffalo Bills running back O.J. Simpson has joined Twitter.

What could go wrong?

The Bills’ No. 2 all-time running back announced he was joining the social media site early on Saturday morning with a brief video and the caption, “Coming Soon!!!”

In it, Simpson shares that he will be sharing his thoughts and opinions on just about everything.

Hey Twitter world. This is yours truly. Coming soon to Twitter, you’ll get to read all my thoughts and opinions on just about everything,” Simpson says. “Now there’s a lot of fake O.J. accounts out there, so this one, @TheRealOJ32 is the only official one. So, it should be a lot of fun. I got a little getting even to do. This should be fun. So God Bless, take care."

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/06/former-buffalo-bills-rb-oj-simpson-joins-twitter-says-he-has-a-little-getting-even-to-do.html

God bless ... heh ... rot in hell, murderer.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

He could catch too, just imagine him today in a passing offense:

Notice he took kickoffs too.

For those of you too young to see this live, you really missed out!

But then again....I didn’t have an iPhone in middle school, so......

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

For those of you too young to see this live, you really missed out!

But then again....I didn’t have an iPhone in middle school, so......

I was born in '68... So I mostly caught him the later years in BFLo... Like '74-'77... Still young... But a few games like a Dolphin's game stand out!

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I was born in '68... So I mostly caught him the later years in BFLo... Like '74-'77... Still young... But a few games like a Dolphin's game stand out!

I clearly remember watching a game where he picked up 250 yards vs the BOSTON Patriots with friends at a friend of my parents. It was crazy good. Another home game where he went right at their little DB’s. He didn’t like to hit unless he would be the winner. He might be....what he became, but he was one helluva RB. 

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I was ten when OJ ran for 2003 yards. At school, many of us kids had "The Juice is Loose" t-shirts. OJ kept the Bills on the map. The Dolphins killed us on a regular basis until Kelly & Co. arrived. I remember watching games hoping OJ would win one for us. He was larger than life in WNY...making it sometimes difficult to comprehend his later life and fall from grace. Then again, we see this everyday in our culture.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1