What Can Iran Be Thinking?

Linked below is the kind of nonsense the Mullahs feed to their people. Do they think they can fool them with this crap? They are most certainly behind the attacks in the Gulf of Oman and elsewhere. Who thinks that they have any possibility of getting sanctions lifted by any other action than ditching their nuclear programs? Let's discuss.

https://www.jns.org/tehran-quds-day-billboard-shows-destroyed-american-israeli-ships-reads-we-drowned-them-all/

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Bills need a poster like that featuring the rest of the AFC East! ?

Certainly. The Dolphins can be the tanker, the Jets can be sinking and the Cheaters can be going down with their Kraft.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Certainly. The Dolphins can be the tanker, the Jets can be sinking and the Cheaters can be going down with their Kraft.

Is that our new downtown dome stadium in the background? Looks a little too Notre Dame-ish. ?

4 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Linked below is the kind of nonsense the Mullahs feed to their people. Do they think they can fool them with this crap? They are most certainly behind the attacks in the Gulf of Oman and elsewhere. Who thinks that they have any possibility of getting sanctions lifted by any other action than ditching their nuclear programs? Let's discuss.

Well, the Left in this country think Trump is trying to start a war with Iran for no other reason than to help get re-elected.

They also supported the previous President's rewarding Iran $400 million +, and okaying their restarting of nuclear power, for peaceful purposes, of course.

So I guess there's quite a lot of people in this country who Iran can fool.  

Edited by I am the egg man

17 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Well, the Left in this country think Trump is trying to start a war with Iran for no other reason than to help get re-elected.

They also supported the previous President's rewarding Iran $400 million +, and okaying their restarting of nuclear power, for peaceful purposes, of course.

So I guess there's quite a lot of people in this country who Iran can fool.  

You've got to hand it to Trump. He's taking on all of the hard issues.

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, I don't know what to believe anymore.

https://japantoday.com/category/national/Ship-operator-says-sailors-saw-'flying-objects'-just-before-attack

So, this happened to a Japanese tanker while Abe was in Tehran?

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/latest-uk-maritime-group-warns-incident-oman-sea-63680064

Edited by Paulus

2 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Not that.  That's not a very credible piece of evidence.  Witnesses are idiots, and he's not even a witness - he's giving a second- or third-hand report of something someone else claims to have seen.

Only thing I'd trust is the formal evaluation of the ships' damage (which I won't see).  You can actually tell a lot from the pattern of damage and fragments of weapon left behind (I've read such reports from WWII, even back then it was spooky what they could discern.)

Just now, DC Tom said:

Not that.  That's not a very credible piece of evidence.  Witnesses are idiots, and he's not even a witness - he's giving a second- or third-hand report of something someone else claims to have seen.

Only thing I'd trust is the formal evaluation of the ships' damage (which I won't see).  You can actually tell a lot from the pattern of damage and fragments of weapon left behind (I've read such reports from WWII, even back then it was spooky what they could discern.)

There are definitely a lot of issues with the story... (all sides)

Pretty bold to attack a Japanese ship while the main mullah is chatting with Abe about progress in Tehran. Some Game of Thrones type of shiz. But, then to deny it and put up a billboard claiming responsibility? Idk, crazy like a fox? Regardless, Bolton has an erection.

15 minutes ago, Paulus said:

There are definitely a lot of issues with the story... (all sides)

Pretty bold to attack a Japanese ship while the main mullah is chatting with Abe about progress in Tehran. Some Game of Thrones type of shiz. But, then to deny it and put up a billboard claiming responsibility? Idk, crazy like a fox? Regardless, Bolton has an erection.

I can just picture Bolton now:

krieger-g-please-stop-my-penis-can-only-

• Haha (+1) 1

This is an (obviously) complex and fluid situation w Iran. Lots of moving pieces, lots of "teams" w varying and competing interests. I'm waiting to learn more before leaning one way or the other but there are multiple actors who'd want nothing more than to spark a shooting war between the west and Iran. Chief among those are:

* individuals currently under the most legal and criminal pressure in the USIC (and western IC by extension). 

* The Mullahs would benefit as well, as would the IRGC. 

The solution to Iran is not invasion or a shock and awe type air campaign. The solution lies with its people whom the administration continues to support both officially and clandestinely. This feels very much like the death throes of the regime... 

But there are still enemies at home and in the west who would benefit from this kind of play. 

And it should be eye opening to everyone who is politically agnostic of independent how much the US media is on Iran's side in this. Blaming the US for NOT being blackmailed. 

Learn who our enemies truly are. They're amongst us. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 4

16 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Well, they had lots of practice doing that back then. 

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

Really? A passport was left at the scene? That is comically convenient.

Honestly, that makes me believe Iran had no part in this. 

Japan is not so sure, either...

https://japantoday.com/category/national/japan-demands-more-u.s.-proof-that-iran-attacked-tankers

Edited by Paulus

Time to dig out those 

***** IRAN T-shirt’s from the early 80s?

friend wore one to high school in Southern Ontario,  teachers left him alone figuring he might snap if they said anything

Edited by row_33