Thad Brown: “Cody Ford Is Not A Starter For the Bills”

1 hour ago, teef said:

I do like channeling my inner Richie. Typically when I’m not in my meds. 

we are similar in that way.
and why i keep my cars locked up in the garage. and the sledgehammers out in the shed.

you find what works for you

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Well, how many 6'3 RTs are there in the NFL? May not be a flatfooted issue, may be because of length. Nsekhe signed a decent contract on top of that and Dawkins looks locked in, I think Ford projects as a RG.

Ford is a shade under 6'4".  And the Cheaters' LT, Isaiah Wynn, is 6'3" and projected as a breakout player this year (why, I have no idea!).

Just now, Doc said:

Ford is a shade under 6'4".  And the Cheaters' LT, Isaiah Wynn, is 6'3" and projected as a breakout player this year (why, I have no idea!).

Right, right, right. Good points. Just saying though, Ford looks more like a guard but I'm sure there's guys like Wynn out there. Either way, if we get a few Pro Bowls out of Ford at guard I won't complain.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/19/2019 at 1:41 PM, NewDayBills said:

Well, how many 6'3 RTs are there in the NFL? May not be a flatfooted issue, may be because of length. Nsekhe signed a decent contract on top of that and Dawkins looks locked in, I think Ford projects as a RG.

On 6/19/2019 at 1:46 PM, NewDayBills said:

Right, right, right. Good points. Just saying though, Ford looks more like a guard but I'm sure there's guys like Wynn out there. Either way, if we get a few Pro Bowls out of Ford at guard I won't complain.

I think Ford will start at guard before he starts at tackle. Andre Dillard and Jonah Williams both have shorter arms than Ford so I don't see his length necessarily precluding him from playing tackle. I think he just needs improvement against outside speed rushers. He only had one season playing tackle in college I think, but had been a star guard for years before that in high school and college. I agree if he becomes a good guard and doesn't end up a starter at tackle that's okay.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I think Ford will start at guard before he starts at tackle. Andre Dillard and Jonah Williams both have shorter arms than Ford so I don't see his length necessarily precluding him from playing tackle. I think he just needs improvement against outside speed rushers. He only had one season playing tackle in college I think, but had been a star guard for years before that in high school and college. I agree if he becomes a good guard and doesn't end up a starter at tackle that's okay.

I agree that it is ok if he ends up being a guard....but I honestly would not dismiss him as a RT just yet......

Remember...everyone thought Cordy Glenn was a OG in the NFL as well......and he had several years where he was a pretty good OT

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I agree that it is ok if he ends up being a guard....but I honestly would not dismiss him as a RT just yet......

Remember...everyone thought Cordy Glenn was a OG in the NFL as well......and he had several years where he was a pretty good OT

Dawkins, too.

20 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I'm not dismissing him as a tackle at all, in fact I expect him to be a starting tackle at some point. I think he just needs some development in that regard. 

He has a lot of experience at guard and I think he could start at the position right away while he hones his pass pro skills. I was just agreeing that there's nothing wrong with him becoming a good guard. I fully expect him to have a good career whatever position he ends up playing.

poor guy, not even a pre-season game and and some Zitter nerd is calling him a bust.

If you can find a 5-10 yr starter at any OL position in the second round that is a win IMO, and this OL needed as many 'wins' as it could find this offseason on the OL.

I don't think this line is all pro, but wow did they try to address and improve on it.

JA, Shady, Gore and the like must all be happy to see this in progress.

May the best 5 win, and if an injury happens next man up.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1