Thad Brown: “Cody Ford Is Not A Starter For the Bills”

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

This thread needs to die a quick death.

Because you personally don’t like the topic?  

38 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I mean, he’s just Rochester’s version of Manish Mehta. He’s a self admitted Jets fan, and will poo poo on anything the bills do Oline wise because the jetsies forgot to do so themselves. 

I’m half kidding. 

He’s actually pretty fair and if I didn’t know better I’d think he was a Bills fan

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Because you personally don’t like the topic?  

He’s actually pretty fair and if I didn’t know better I’d think he was a Bills fan

The topic is kinda useless.

13 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Truth is, a ton of top prospects go belly up, yet alone second tier.

ford has a lot of nice qualities, and is a solid pick... but even so is probably about a coin flip to be a good starter.

If a high second rounder is nothing more than a coin flip, then you arent drafting well.

• Like (+1) 1

a healthy murphy is a very solid NFL starter, 10 sack kind of guy.  i'd be quite shocked it week 3 of training camp has a rookie OT beating him more than the other way around.

i think ford ends up RG, which gives us a Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Ford, Ty line, which is pretty friggen good and a massive improvement over last season.

20 hours ago, Paulus said:

He got asked to give a bold prediction, and gave one. Honestly, it wasn't even that bold. 

Shady will lose his #1 rb role this season. There I made a bolder one. I mean, if you're asked to make a bold statement are you then dammed if you do and dammed if you don't? 

That's not just bold.  That is Warrior Bold.

On 6/15/2019 at 5:55 PM, starrymessenger said:

Absolutely correct but speed rushers may also prove to be a weakness in Ford's game at this level of play. I have some concerns about that TBH. I think he has a future as a starter on an NFL line (though maybe not immediately). Right now with experience I see him developing into a quality guard. That would certainly justify the pick. Good guards are hard to come by.

I agree with most here that we definitely shouldn't leap to ANY conclusions at this point, but one thing that is stuck in my memory is the 2009 Pro Football Weekly report about pre-full training camp sessions in Buffalo, and the writer said that Aaron Maybin looked awful against NFL competition and could be a problem going forward. People on this board predictably ripped the PFW writer, but he turned out to be perceptive. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

I agree with most here that we definitely shouldn't leap to ANY conclusions at this point, but one thing that is stuck in my memory is the 2009 Pro Football Weekly report about pre-full training camp sessions in Buffalo, and the writer said that Aaron Maybin looked awful against NFL competition and could be a problem going forward. People on this board predictably ripped the PFW writer, but he turned out to be perceptive. 

I recall that.

Ford has looked flat-footed during OTAs.  Could be just a learning curve/conditioning thing, or he could actually be flat-footed.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think it’s a solid pick but man, some you are insane.  You just rip people who have the audacity not to act like everything the Bills do is perfect.  A bunch of soccer moms.  

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I probably ripped the author for saying that.  It’s great to be passionate about the Bills but it’s almost cult like.  Seems like cult following things is in now. 

• Like (+1) 3

On 6/17/2019 at 10:41 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think it’s a solid pick but man, some you are insane.  You just rip people who have the audacity not to act like everything the Bills do is perfect.  A bunch of soccer moms.  

I probably ripped the author for saying that.  It’s great to be passionate about the Bills but it’s almost cult like.  Seems like cult following things is in now. 

And it's that mentality that has driven away quality posters. I just don't get it. Like whether the guy likes the Jets or not does that really make a difference as to his ability to evaluate Cody Ford? In June? As a rookie?