Thad Brown: “Cody Ford Is Not A Starter For the Bills”

11 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I suspect Bills picked up Ty to play RT. By chance Ford fell to Bills.
let him develop behind some pros.

btw i think he will find his way on the field at some point this season.

if only in packages.

I think he was fine draft pick and cheered it

Ditto.  That's exactly how I see it.

• Like (+1) 1

Brown may have simply gotten what he wanted: attention.  Or he may be suggesting that a rookie with major upside doesn't necessarily have to start, especially if you have experienced depth.  In fact it may be beneficial to them not to start immediately.  Ask Steve Young.  We shall see what we shall see. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ronin said:

It's pretty unlikely that Ford doesn't end up starting any games he's healthy for.  

To start, our OL-men otherwise really aren't much better than average.  

Secondly, of the 6 OL-men drafted last season, four started all 16 games, one started 10, Price on Cincy, but I think he missed those 6 due to injury, and Isaiah Wynn, whom I would have drafted last year, was injured before the season began.  

I didn't like the pick only because Risner was still there, with experience playing C, but otherwise he seems like a solid OL-man.  

IMO Ford's going to have a better career than Oliver.  

We could have had Wynn, Hilliard, Risner, and Lock.  IMO that OL along with Dawkins and Morse (assuming he could stay healthy) would have benefitted Allen something fierce.  

Morse may be the best C in the NFL.

Ford>Oliver would be impressive because I think Oliver is going to look good in a gold jacket.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

22 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

For this gem on YouTube.  Rochester’s own Thaddeus Brown spends about 2 minutes talking about Josh allen and then rips Cody Ford.  He says he doesn’t like the pick and that unless there’s an injury he can’t see Cody starting all season long.  He just doesn’t seem to be much of a fan.

I disagree with Thad here and have Ford pencilled in to start at one of the guard spots.

He hated the Allen pick too.

22 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

For this gem on YouTube.  Rochester’s own Thaddeus Brown spends about 2 minutes talking about Josh allen and then rips Cody Ford.  He says he doesn’t like the pick and that unless there’s an injury he can’t see Cody starting all season long.  He just doesn’t seem to be much of a fan.

I disagree with Thad here and have Ford pencilled in to start at one of the guard spots.

The whole draft was a waste other than first pick,  Ford has bust written all over him

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

The whole draft was a waste other than first pick,  Ford has bust written all over him

Your whole post is a waste.

To call players busts when they haven’t even played a game as professionals is highly ignorant.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, pop gun said:

Isn't this Chris Brown not Thad Brown?

Thad cohosts Buffalo Kickoff Live which is on TV at 11:30 am on game days.  My bad. 

Edited by freddyjj

30 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

THAT’S the spirit!!! Do you and your pals have a secret handshake? 

?

20 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I don't think that predicting Ford won't start week 1 is a stretch. I like the pick, but Nsekhe probably has a leg up in the competition just based on experience alone. We all want Ford to win the competition at RT and start, and I think most fans assume he will, but Brown was asked for a bold prediction and he gave one.

I agree, but going farther saying that he didn't like the pick at all just a little baffeling. It is hard to argue against the pick

Not sure that is a bold prediction? With the depth we have for the 1st time I can remember in 20 years I have zero problems with our rookie lineman learning the trade from some vets. 

Not liking the pick in the 2nd rd for a player that should have went in the 1st is the only thing bold or F'ing stupid here. 

Edited by Real McCoy

10 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Brown may have simply gotten what he wanted: attention.  Or he may be suggesting that a rookie with major upside doesn't necessarily have to start, especially if you have experienced depth.  In fact it may be beneficial to them not to start immediately.  Ask Steve Young.  We shall see what we shall see. 

we he certainly got this board's attention.  mission accomplished from his standpoint.   Minutes of life you won't get back for board members. 

10 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

hes an idiot

Yeah, because anybody who dares to have any doubt about anything about the current Bills is "an idiot".  They are perfect.  Got it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Its entirely possible Ford doesnt start right away, its entirely possible Ford doesnt see much time at all. However, that to me will be indicative of the talent ahead of him, and not so much predicated on his abilities.

There were some that thought Ford was among the best OTs in the entire class. Hard to imagine the kid just goes belly up.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/14/2019 at 9:01 PM, Phil The Thrill said:

Exactly.  I have no idea why why That didn’t like the pick

He was asked to make a bold prediction, and said Cody does not start week 1. 

The fact some fans are beyond belief about that, is baffling to me.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Paulus said:

He was asked to make a bold prediction, and said Cody does not start week 1. 

The fact some fans are beyond belief about that, is baffling to me.

...guess then I will "boldly predict (on a baseless whim)" that Josh Allen will "not be the starter on opening day"....I'll hang up and wait for WROC to call me (collect; they're broke)..........

• Haha (+1) 1