Thad Brown: “Cody Ford Is Not A Starter For the Bills”

My, my, aren't we a sensitive group. Don't know anything about this guy but it's not exactly contrarian to think a rookie won't start with the type of depth we have on the OL this year. Doesn't mean his fate is doomed if that's the case. Everybody hated the Allen pick. Everybody loved the Ford pick. Show me a TV or Radio personality that gets it right more often than the general public and it might start to matter a bit. If one exists I don't think it's Mr. Brown.  

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Cody Ford is a quality pick that could have been drafted well before Buffalos selection

This is a nasty football player who I compare to Ruben Brown.

Day 1 starter

...and you've just crushed "Thad's 'nads".......oh well.....

13 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Because being the contrarian gets him noticed.

Welcome to 21st century media.

exactly.  In the off chance that Ford is a bust, he will say, "I called it all along."  If he works and is a stud, everyone will forget he made this ridiculous comment.  

3 hours ago, Ronin said:

Don't you see Nsecke at RT tho?  Perhaps LT if Dawkins continues to struggle?  I mean we really don't have any great Ts on the team besides those two, and I wouldn't call either great.  I'd say that they're both above average, but not by much.  

Either way, Ford's more likely to start at G, dont' you think?  

I see Ford starting at RT by the Bengals game.  I don't see him working in at G, I thought he was a solid OT prospect.  But I could be wrong.

51 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

I see Ford starting at RT by the Bengals game.  I don't see him working in at G, I thought he was a solid OT prospect.  But I could be wrong.

But you see him starting then, right?  

15 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

For this gem on YouTube.  Rochester’s own Thaddeus Brown spends about 2 minutes talking about Josh allen and then rips Cody Ford.  He says he doesn’t like the pick and that unless there’s an injury he can’t see Cody starting all season long.  He just doesn’t seem to be much of a fan.

I disagree with Thad here and have Ford pencilled in to start at one of the guard spots.

O no! 

Mr. Thaddeus Brown says Cody Ford isn’t a starter.

My goodness what are we going to do?

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This guy?  And we care about his football predictions why?

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/contact/bios/thad-brown/211085407

With a good OL, it's quite common for a rookie OLman to spend a year learning the NFL game and pursuing NFL level strength and conditioning.

We do have competition on the OL, but if Ford doesn't start this year, it doesn't mean he's a crap pick either.

I see it as a good sign that we aren’t so desperate that he’s a lock to start. 

He may not start week one, but I’d bet he will by the end of the year. Not liking the pick in the 2nd is.........unique. 

16 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

It says that he is healthy. He should be beating 2nd round rookies. He's beaten proven players in the NFL, rookie should be a cake walk.

Absolutely correct but speed rushers may also prove to be a weakness in Ford's game at this level of play. I have some concerns about that TBH. I think he has a future as a starter on an NFL line (though maybe not immediately). Right now with experience I see him developing into a quality guard. That would certainly justify the pick. Good guards are hard to come by.

• Like (+1) 1

I think Ford will eventually be a decent, maybe, very good player. But if he doesn't start, it is not necessarily a bad thing. As a matter of fact, right now his odds of starting are probably less than 50%. But that in no way implies he's a bust or poor pick.

If the FA pick-ups are doing their job, there will be no need to rush Ford.

If Nsehke plays to the level of his signing money, he should be the starter.  I hope he is, and I hope it gives Ford time to develop, or, maybe Ford ends up being the starting right guard?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

I think Ford will eventually be a decent, maybe, very good player. But if he doesn't start, it is not necessarily a bad thing. As a matter of fact, right now his odds of starting are probably less than 50%. But that in no way implies he's a bust or poor pick.

If the FA pick-ups are doing their job, there will be no need to rush Ford.

If Nsehke plays to the level of his signing money, he should be the starter.  I hope he is, and I hope it gives Ford time to develop, or, maybe Ford ends up being the starting right guard?

I suspect Bills picked up Ty to play RT. By chance Ford fell to Bills.
let him develop behind some pros.

btw i think he will find his way on the field at some point this season.

if only in packages.

I think he was fine draft pick and cheered it

• Like (+1) 4