My Josh Allen Jersey Arrived Today

H2o

Very selective, I didn’t buy any after Kelly until deciding to take the plunge and buying Allen’s away jersey after the Vikes game that officially put me “all-in.” My youngest was born that same day 9/23, so with all the good things that happened that day, it was kinda meant to be :D

3 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

As much as I want to buy a jersey....I havent had the best luck. 

T. Spikes

T. Henry

Losman

Dareus

Tyrod

Yikes—I’m guessing you’re selling on eBay as collectors’ items? 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/17/2019 at 5:45 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Very selective, I didn’t buy any after Kelly until deciding to take the plunge and buying Allen’s away jersey after the Vikes game that officially put me “all-in.” My youngest was born that same day 9/23, so with all the good things that happened that day, it was kinda meant to be :D

Yikes—I’m guessing you’re selling on eBay as collectors’ items? 

Congrats on the family addition. Did you get caught up in the moment and name the bambino 'Josh Allen NoHuddleKelly12'? :beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/17/2019 at 2:35 PM, Ramza86 said:

As much as I want to buy a jersey....I havent had the best luck. 

T. Spikes

T. Henry

Losman

Dareus

Tyrod

It is for this reason I only buy jerseys of retired Bills, so they’re playing history is worthy. 

2F2F32AD-0D11-429C-B7D2-DED0EF68423E.jpeg

A426388D-1D0D-4FA7-922B-35659F3DB4E3.jpeg

1A965F7B-2461-476B-ADBA-86368A0210CA.png

15 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

What's your "jersey history?"  Before we get excited, do you own any others, and were they successful?

Of course I hope for the best, for the BILLS, but my superstitious side was just wondering?

Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Eric Moulds, Takeo Spikes, Willis McGahee, Marshawn Lynch, Kyle Williams, Terrence McGee, Aaron Schobel. Allen makes the 10th different jersey I have had in the last 25 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

Might have to get a Allen jersey. I’m really excited for the kid.

Last jersey I bought was a Stevie Johnson jersey while at St Johns Fisher training camp. It was a bit of a disappointment, the jersey and the purchase experience.

I went into the temporary store they had set up, wanted to buy a jersey, just didn’t know who. Looked around, most of the team was made up of guys I wasn’t to sure would be around for the long term (I think this would have been around 2011-2013), so I asked an employee where some of the older player jerseys were. He points to a rack and says over there, I checked it out, it was a clearance rack, guys no longer on the team like Lynch, Whitner, etc. So I went back to the same kid, said I was actually looking for players like Kelly, Thurman, Andre, Bruce, etc...his response, “I don’t know who they are”.

I almost cried. Has it really been that long? Am I really that old?

Needless to say, Johnson was traded away a year or two later, and the jersey hasn’t seen the light of day since.

On 6/16/2019 at 12:44 PM, blacklabel said:

I've noticed that about the numbers as well. Just looks kinda odd. Nike makes like two or three types of replicas. I forgot how they title them, but they basically have a low-end replica with screen printed numbers/letters all the way up to a high-end replica with stitched numbers and letters for like $300. 

They change them on each, and sometimes the factory makes a run of errors as well. Sometimes they get shipped out like normal, other times they head straight to marshalls or burlinton. My work bought out all the closeout reeboks in 2010 when they switched to the new style. We ordered them to be screened to stevie and freddie. When they showed up, reebok had accidently made the number outline red rather than blue.  What can ya do? I still chuckle when i see those at games or thrift shops. 

Nike has 'game' replicas that are similar to the cut of baseball jerseys for $100. Then they have the limited/vapor for $150-$175. Lastly,  they have the $300 elite which are the same materials as onfield jerseys but are cut different. These either have smaller numbers (from nfl shop) or larger #s with thick outlines for tv that the ones that originate from the Bills themselves that are generally autographed (as explained in my other post earlier in the thread). They also have sublimated low end color rush replicas which are around $85. The 'game' jerseys are trash imo. Id much prefer 1988- 2011 jerseys as far as replicas are concerned. That wont ever change though, or at least as long as nike has the license. 

Pro Tip #2, if you dislike the aforementioned nike game jerseys, nfl shop has NFL EQPT brand on their web sites that closer resemble how replicas used to be - the actual 'jersey' style that the packers still currently wear. They look sharp, but arent NIKE so if that important to you, your SOL. If not, that might be the best way to go

Edited by gobills1212
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I got a red Kyle Williams jersey before last year as a tribute to the man that gave all he did to the Bills !

I use to buy Bills jerseys on a whim i have a Spiller & a Poz jersey that i bought because i thought they were gonna really be something when in fact they should have let CJ slide & kept Marshawn & paid Poz !!

I also have a Fred Ex Jersey which was a good buy !! 

• Like (+1) 1