Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HOUSE

Zay Jones wins Bills' team training award

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Maybe some of us have been too hard on him?

 

Nope.      He still stinks and was drafted over a real wideout like Juju.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

 

Nope.      He still stinks and was drafted over a real wideout like Juju.   

Niet , Niet he no stinks , I do agree about the Juju comment but Zay can still be a solid # 2 WR 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

has been stated and mentioned many times. Bills are not looking for a #1 

    I think, to a large degree, this is the BS a front office and coaching staff spout when they don’t think they have a # 1 or aren’t sure.

    You can have a balanced attack, a 1200 yard rusher and two 1000 yard receivers 😍

    And, it would be awesome to see this O developed into that. I don’t expect it this year but if we are going to breakout as a team there need to be some “ surprises “ . Hopefully between Jones and Brown we get one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah!  Who needs DK Metcalf when we have Zay "The Body" Jones?  It's a bird!  It's a plane!  It's Zay Jones!

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

 

Nope.      He still stinks and was drafted over a real wideout like Juju.   

The HOF QB and WR on the opposite side of the field had no impact at all.

 

If Juju and Jones were swapped I'm about 90% sure your comment would be as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

The HOF QB and WR on the opposite side of the field had no impact at all.

 

If Juju and Jones were swapped I'm about 90% sure your comment would be as well.

 

Yikes.    Google Juju highlights 

 

The guy CATCHES footballs and runs places after he catches them.    You can put blind faith in stonehands, I’m good.  

 

He has confused you by harnessing the Tyrod theorem.

 

 

( good vs Dolphins and worthless vs everyone else) 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I refuse to believe it until I see some more that body. Preferably nekkid. 

 

@Blokestradamus, is that you?

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does body composition have to do with catching the ball? Yes it takes WRs a while to develop route running and understanding the defense. It doesn't take three years to learn how to catch the ball. Would be awesome if he has a breakout year. 

That said, what is Zay?  He isn't a #1 nor a slot guy. That makes him at best a #2 possession WR that moves the chains.  Best case scenario for Zay is he plays #2 and Brown and Foster split time at #1.  Best case scenario for the Bills is he is a #4 and Brown, Foster, and Beasley are the top trio.

One advantage Zay may have is he seems to be a willing blocker. I don't know about the others. That may earn Zay some snaps in formations that look run heavy but have run / pass options. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills: “congrats on your thickness”

 

NFL: “please pee in this cup”

  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to see us consistently move the chains and I think Zay has shown that his hands are getting softer and he can be a decent possession guy. Adding Beasley will be another nice underneath shifty wide out that the bills have been lacking for a while now. Having Brown and Foster flying down the field will give our big armed QB plenty of opportunity to take his shots. If we gameplan right who is the defense gonna key on. Having a superstar diva WR gives defenses a target and then you hope to have decent complimentary players to take the heat from. Having all complimentary players should give us allot of man to man and a good chance to spread the ball around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I hope people paid close attention to the statement about 3rd year WRs.  I have been saying this for some time now.

I there with you. YEAR 3, BABY!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...so Foster got the "wake up call (so far)", Dawkins said, " I HAVE to play better" and now Zay gets an achievement award?.....this damn "process nemesis" cannot be working, right?....

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, H2o said:

It's not like anyone painted a d*ck in his front yard or anything. :rolleyes:

 

image.thumb.png.0e708e025f491e0423101c502c16b885.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

I just want to see us consistently move the chains and I think Zay has shown that his hands are getting softer and he can be a decent possession guy. Adding Beasley will be another nice underneath shifty wide out that the bills have been lacking for a while now. Having Brown and Foster flying down the field will give our big armed QB plenty of opportunity to take his shots. If we gameplan right who is the defense gonna key on. Having a superstar diva WR gives defenses a target and then you hope to have decent complimentary players to take the heat from. Having all complimentary players should give us allot of man to man and a good chance to spread the ball around.

Absolutely, 

 

Josh Allen in all likelihood throws with the highest velocity in the NFL. Allen has a cannon and is not afraid to use it. Developing chemistry with Josh Allen is not an easy thing to do IMO. Its something both Foster and Jones have a good head start on and I'm expecting them to build on it.

 

Fan of my fellow poster Alpha,

 

I think being wrong about Zay Jones if it helps Josh Allen take the next step into becoming a franchise QB.

It would be a big plate of crow the Dawgy would be happy to eat. ( Buffalo wing sauce) 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Figster said:

Absolutely, 

 

Josh Allen in all likelihood throws with the highest velocity in the NFL. Allen has a cannon and is not afraid to use it. Developing chemistry with Josh Allen is not an easy thing to do IMO. Its something both Foster and Jones have a good head start on and I'm expecting them to build on it.

 

Fan of my fellow poster Alpha,

 

I think being wrong about Zay Jones if it helps Josh Allen take the next step into becoming a franchise QB.

It would be a big plate of crow the Dawgy would be happy to eat. ( Buffalo wing sauce) 

 

 

...NICELY done 'Fig...........:thumbsup:....I'm in............

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Biills fan that's a reason to be optimistic, as a human being it's encouraging that the young man seems to be getting his life in order.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I hope people paid close attention to the statement about 3rd year WRs.  I have been saying this for some time now.

It used to be 3 years with the amount of practice sessions you could have. Now I think it is more like 4 or 5. Players like Zay who pass the eye test and are well above average athletically sometimes take the longest to learn the playbook forward and back. The QB/WR relationship is based on so many things but mainly it’s repetition and trust. 

 

Allen is going to have a lot more options to throw to this year and he should have more time to throw. If Jones does take that 3rd year leap he could have a very good year. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

 

Yikes.    Google Juju highlights 

 

The guy CATCHES footballs and runs places after he catches them.    You can put blind faith in stonehands, I’m good.  

 

He has confused you by harnessing the Tyrod theorem.

 

 

( good vs Dolphins and worthless vs everyone else) 

Yeah, those highlight reels are really informative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll bring Moulds up....didn't he transform himself physically during the offseason going into his 3rd year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

What does body composition have to do with catching the ball? Yes it takes WRs a while to develop route running and understanding the defense. It doesn't take three years to learn how to catch the ball. Would be awesome if he has a breakout year. 

That said, what is Zay?  He isn't a #1 nor a slot guy. That makes him at best a #2 possession WR that moves the chains.  Best case scenario for Zay is he plays #2 and Brown and Foster split time at #1.  Best case scenario for the Bills is he is a #4 and Brown, Foster, and Beasley are the top trio.

One advantage Zay may have is he seems to be a willing blocker. I don't know about the others. That may earn Zay some snaps in formations that look run heavy but have run / pass options. 

You kind of touched on it yourself when you say "he seems to be a willing blocker." That's a bigger part of being a WR (especially being further down the depth chart) than a lot of people realize. But, I also think that if you take an honest look at Jones' strengths vs. weaknesses, increasing his upper body strength could go a long way in improving his weaknesses, including coming down with contested balls, and maybe improving his catch radius. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Yeah, those highlight reels are really informative.

 

You could use stats as well if you wanted to.  

 

It’s not really a debate at all.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

 

You could use stats as well if you wanted to.  

 

It’s not really a debate at all.   

Sure it is.

If you are just going to rely on stats, then you're ignoring Real McCoy's point that Juju had a future HOF QB throwing him the ball and Antonio Brown on the other side of the field drawing the stronger coverage. That's not an irrelevant point. And, in fact, their drop rates are both average. Jones had 3 drops out of 102 targets and 56 receptions. Juju had 6 drops out of 166 targets, and 111 receptions. But, even those numbers, without the context of who they were playing with, are a meaningless comparison.

If you want to rely on the googled highlight reel, well then you're just being silly. Jones has one of those, too, and it makes him look pretty good. I actually just watched both, just to see what I'd see, and I was struck by how often the Bills pass plays are broken up in under two seconds, and Allen had to flee the pocket. You can't say that also didn't have an effect on how many catchable balls Allen threw.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, White Linen said:

 

Touchdowns are good but it's sad that we think 70/800 is good enough.  

Context is everything.  Those might be great numbers depending on the offense and how the ball is spread around.  100 catches and 1500 yards are great numbers, but no guarantee they will lead to a team winning a chip.   Who is the Pats 1500 yard, 100 catch receiver?  

 

What im saying is that there are many ways to win, and one way does not fit all.  Too many seem concerned with stats.  Be concerned with wins.  F the rest.

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...