Zay Jones wins Bills' team training award

10 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Consistency, getting open quickly and making big catches when we need it to keep a drive alive is not boring to me.  If Zay elevates to that kind of WR we are in good shape. 

Also.

I has been stated and mentioned many times. Bills are not looking for a #1 they want to win gameday matchups on both Offense and Defense.

So a guy they can move around and be efficient might be as valuable as the guy who draws double teams leaving some one open. does you know good if you miss the read.

Young QB might be better off spreading the ball and letting unselfish pass catchers make the plays ?

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Oh sorry, I didn't realize you already made him Edelman by comparing your projected numbers.  You do know he's likely to not play the same WR position, right?

harsh from you Linen : (
" If Zay elevates "

Edited by 3rdand12

8 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

harsh from you Linen : (
" If Zay elevates "

I wan't trying to come off that way - I honestly didn't realize he was still comparing him to Edelman in response to 80/700 being boring.     

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

I wan't trying to come off that way - I honestly didn't realize he was still comparing him to Edelman in response to 80/700 being boring.     

i figured .
all good.

2 hours ago, White Linen said:

Touchdowns are good but it's sad that we think 70/800 is good enough.  

It’s pretty good for a #2 WR on a traditionally run-first team with a below-average pass rate. 

3 hours ago, Ronin said:

Zay Jones:  Offseason Champion!

At least he wasn't trying to leap out of a high-rise naked.  

Doesn’t much fit your narrative, does it?

10 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Nope.      He still stinks and was drafted over a real wideout like Juju.   

Niet , Niet he no stinks , I do agree about the Juju comment but Zay can still be a solid # 2 WR 

12 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

has been stated and mentioned many times. Bills are not looking for a #1 

I think, to a large degree, this is the BS a front office and coaching staff spout when they don’t think they have a # 1 or aren’t sure.

You can have a balanced attack, a 1200 yard rusher and two 1000 yard receivers ?

And, it would be awesome to see this O developed into that. I don’t expect it this year but if we are going to breakout as a team there need to be some “ surprises “ . Hopefully between Jones and Brown we get one.

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Nope.      He still stinks and was drafted over a real wideout like Juju.   

The HOF QB and WR on the opposite side of the field had no impact at all.

If Juju and Jones were swapped I'm about 90% sure your comment would be as well.

33 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

The HOF QB and WR on the opposite side of the field had no impact at all.

If Juju and Jones were swapped I'm about 90% sure your comment would be as well.

Yikes.    Google Juju highlights 

The guy CATCHES footballs and runs places after he catches them.    You can put blind faith in stonehands, I’m good.  

He has confused you by harnessing the Tyrod theorem.

( good vs Dolphins and worthless vs everyone else) 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1

What does body composition have to do with catching the ball? Yes it takes WRs a while to develop route running and understanding the defense. It doesn't take three years to learn how to catch the ball. Would be awesome if he has a breakout year. 

That said, what is Zay?  He isn't a #1 nor a slot guy. That makes him at best a #2 possession WR that moves the chains.  Best case scenario for Zay is he plays #2 and Brown and Foster split time at #1.  Best case scenario for the Bills is he is a #4 and Brown, Foster, and Beasley are the top trio.

One advantage Zay may have is he seems to be a willing blocker. I don't know about the others. That may earn Zay some snaps in formations that look run heavy but have run / pass options. 

I just want to see us consistently move the chains and I think Zay has shown that his hands are getting softer and he can be a decent possession guy. Adding Beasley will be another nice underneath shifty wide out that the bills have been lacking for a while now. Having Brown and Foster flying down the field will give our big armed QB plenty of opportunity to take his shots. If we gameplan right who is the defense gonna key on. Having a superstar diva WR gives defenses a target and then you hope to have decent complimentary players to take the heat from. Having all complimentary players should give us allot of man to man and a good chance to spread the ball around.