Zay Jones wins Bills' team training award

Image result for zay jones

It’s the third season of Zay Jones’ NFL career. Traditionally, many star wideouts – or at least true No. 1 receivers – start to break out during their third seasons.

After a poor rookie season, Jones certainly stepped in the right direction last year. He doubled his numbers in just about every category, notching 56 catches for 652 yards and seven touchdowns .

Inhabit;ord=9780271256489.178;dc_seg=756255014?

It appears 2019 is off to a good start, too.

The 2019 season opener is a long ways away, but Jones posted to his social media accounts and announced he won the Bills’ “most improved overall body composition champion” award:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/14/zay-jones-buffalo-bills-award/

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I really hope Zay and Foster can improve from last year. I honestly still believe they can be a very good duo. Add in the two vets in Beasley and Brown and I feel like we have a solid group of WRs. September can't come soon enough.

• Like (+1) 5

32 minutes ago, HOUSE said:
Image result for zay jones

It’s the third season of Zay Jones’ NFL career. Traditionally, many star wideouts – or at least true No. 1 receivers – start to break out during their third seasons.

After a poor rookie season, Jones certainly stepped in the right direction last year. He doubled his numbers in just about every category, notching 56 catches for 652 yards and seven touchdowns .

Inhabit;ord=9780271256489.178;dc_seg=756255014?

It appears 2019 is off to a good start, too.

The 2019 season opener is a long ways away, but Jones posted to his social media accounts and announced he won the Bills’ “most improved overall body composition champion” award:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/14/zay-jones-buffalo-bills-award/

I hope people paid close attention to the statement about 3rd year WRs.  I have been saying this for some time now.

26 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

If he stays healthy I feel confident he will take it up another notch.  +800 yards/70 catches/10 TDs seems like a realistic goal. 

Touchdowns are good but it's sad that we think 70/800 is good enough.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Touchdowns are good but it's sad that we think 70/800 is good enough.  

My feeling is that the ball is spread around to all the receivers/TEs/RBs and that we have a diversified attack.   70/800 is good if everyone is getting touches. 

Edelman was 74/850 for example.  That is not sad. 

Edited by BillsfaninSB
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ronin said:

Zay Jones:  Offseason Champion!

At least he wasn't trying to leap out of a high-rise naked.  

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

He looks very "Swole" ... Is that the correct word for beefed up?

Sad to know he won't make the roster week 1.

or he will be the #1

hard to tell from the predictors here.
and swole ?
not sure about that one Boca lol

2 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

My feeling is that the ball is spread around to all the receivers/TEs/RBs and that we have a diversified attack.   70/800 is good if everyone is getting touches. 

Edelman was 74/850 for example.  That is not sad. 

Boring numbers for a 3rd year player if you're hoping for him to be really good and get a second contract. 

10 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Boring numbers for a 3rd year player if you're hoping for him to be really good and get a second contract. 

Consistency, getting open quickly and making big catches when we need it to keep a drive alive is not boring to me.  If Zay elevates to that kind of WR we are in good shape. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Consistency, getting open quickly and making big catches when we need it to keep a drive alive is not boring to me.  If Zay elevates to that kind of WR we are in good shape. 

Oh sorry, I didn't realize you already made him Edelman by comparing your projected numbers.  You do know he's likely to not play the same WR position, right?