Morse Says Allen On Same Trajectory As Mahomes

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

What else would you expect him to say

How about this:

"Allen has potential but he's still young and has a lot to learn".

or

"It's not fair to compare Allen to Mahomes at this point in their careers.  They're in very different situations."

or

"We'll have to wait & see how the season plays out.  You don't really know until guys put on the pads and there's some real contact but I like what I see so far."

or

"Allen is coming along nicely but it wouldn't be fair to compare him to Mahomes at this point.  They're different guys with unique strengths."

There are a lot of ways Morse could have been guarded or even tepid in his opinion on Allen without being insulting.  That he wasn't and seemed eager to compare him to what he saw in Mahomes is encouraging - nothing more or less. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

How about this:

or

"It's not fair to compare Allen to Mahomes at this point in their careers.  They're in very different situations."

or

"We'll have to wait & see how the season plays out.  You don't really know until guys put on the pads and there's some real contact but I like what I see so far."

or

"Allen is coming along nicely but it wouldn't be fair to compare him to Mahomes at this point.  They're different guys with unique strengths."

There are a lot of ways Morse could have been guarded or even tepid in his opinion on Allen without being insulting.  That he wasn't and seemed eager to compare him to what he saw in Mahomes is encouraging - nothing more or less. 

Exactly. And, on top of that, Morse is widely thought of as a very smart guy. Therefore, if he says it, I believe he means it.

Edited by RochesterLifer

The thing about Allen is that right now there is really no reason to foreclose on even the most ambitious projections. After a year in the league he really hasn't done anything to lower perceptions of his ceiling. Will be fun seeing how things work out in this and in the coming years.

11 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

How about this:

This would be interpreted as "The Center doesn't trust his own QB even after an entire offseason

or

This would be interpreted as "Allen is NOT in the same league as Mahommes" 

or

or

I think this is more close to be Neutral.  It simply means the Center does not have a pulse with his starting QB.