Morse Says Allen On Same Trajectory As Mahomes

Mitch Morse says Josh Allen on 'same trajectory' as Pat Mahomes

By: Nick Wojton | June 5, 2019 11:45 am ET

Last season Buffalo Bills center Mitch Morse nearly found a way to the Super Bowl with the Kansas City Chiefs. His former team was led by a then second-year quarterback in Patrick Mahomes.

Fast forwarding to the present day, Morse is going to snap the ball once again to a second-year QB in Josh Allen with the Bills.

On Tuesday at his team’s third week of organized team activities in Orchard Park, Morse said he already believes Allen is on the same path.

“It’s pretty fun to see, to kind of go through that last year [with Mahomes] and to see Josh on that same trajectory,” Morse said to reporters.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/05/buffalo-bills-mitch-morse-josh-allen-same-trajectory-patrick-mahomes/

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Joe Marino's take on how important the Allen/Morse connection is to the team:

The Draft Network:  Mitch-Morse-critical-to-Josh-Allen's-growth.

I pegged Morse as the most important off season acquisition in a Twitter post to a WGR poll.  Aside from acquiring a better center, I thought the o-line got a Kent Hull-like leader that they lacked last season.  Kent's son appreciated the thought.  Kent  got alot of credit from his teamates for their success much like Joe Marino's mention of Alex Mack in the article.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER
  • Like (+1) 1

Josh Allen doesn't have to be Tom Brady or Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers.  He just needs to be solid NFL quarterback who can manage a game and pull out a game winning drive from time to time when the chips are down.  Put a QB like that along side our defense and a decent run game and we are going to be contending for championships.

Having said that, I would love to make a trip to Canton in twelve years to listen to Josh Allen's induction speech...

• Like (+1) 5

19 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Josh Allen doesn't have to be Tom Brady or Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers.  He just needs to be solid NFL quarterback who can manage a game and pull out a game winning drive from time to time when the chips are down.  Put a QB like that along side our defense and a decent run game and we are going to be contending for championships.

Having said that, I would love to make a trip to Canton in twelve years to listen to Josh Allen's induction speech...

12 years? Too soon.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Canton in 12 years would mean a really short career when you factoring the HOF waiting period. But I guess if you win 7 straight Super Bowls you can retire after 8 seasons and still get the jacket.

• Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Inigo, that would mean that Josh's career only lasted 7 years (plus the 5 year wait for the first ballot Hall of Fame.) Now granted, he would have to be mighty spectacular in those 7 years to be inducted after such a short playing career but I would prefer to see him inducted in more like 20 years. 

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I would hope it's about 16 years down the line :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

What were we talking about again.........?

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

What else would you expect him to say

I beat you too that, but I was really trying to head off the Negative Nellies. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, he's about to be a 2nd year QB like Mahomes was last year. 

Then next year he'll be a 3rd year QB like Mahomes is this year.

THEN, the following year...get this, he'll be a 4th year QB like Mahomes was the previous year!

And guys...you won't believe this... that next season, he'll be a 5th year QB like Mahomes was too!

Trajectory established. Might as well be twins with such similar paths.

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

So Allen is only going to play 7 more seasons? And in those 7 more seasons he's going to play so phenomenal, he'll be a first ballot HOFer? 

You may want to raise your expectations of him... I think you're selling him a little short. Perhaps have a bit more faith in the guy.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Haha (+1) 1