Jets starting TE Chris Herndon faces 2 game suspension (update: gets 4)

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

Head scratching for those fans too.  The potential loss of life changing money for such an act is incredibly dumb.   

Dumb in general - so your point is taken.   When you add in the massive opportunity you're risking, for me, it adds another level of stupidity.  

Agreed.  It’s an extremely stupid, especially with the resources and apps that are out there.  But sadly, he is far from the exception.  It’s daily life.  

25 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Especially when they can easily afford a cab or Uber. 

Yeah, really no excuse for it in the any age, especially the Uber one.   But being honest, I made the mistake before. Hopefully, he never does it again.  Dude is a good player too.

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1

Two constants in the universe,  hydrogen, and stupidity...

Go Bills!!

Edited by Don Otreply

Hmm.  There are not going to be any decent TEs available between now and the end of August, but the Bills are probably going to have to cut somebody who could help the Jets.  Tyler Kroft may start the season injured, but he's likely going to be on the Bills' roster unless they decide foot injuries are going to be an ongoing issue for Kroft.  Dawson Knox will be on the roster.  After that it's uncertain.  Sweeney could make the roster.  Croom could also.  Lee Smith has a chance to make it as a blocking tight end.  That's five tight ends who could have NFL caliber ability (if not starting ability).  Buffalo is not keeping five tight ends on the roster.  Buffalo may reluctantly have to cut a tight end with the expectation the Jets will pick him up from the waiver wire.  

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

Hmm.  There are not going to be any decent TEs available between now and the end of August, but the Bills are probably going to have to cut somebody who could help the Jets.  Tyler Kroft may start the season injured, but he's likely going to be on the Bills' roster unless they decide foot injuries are going to be an ongoing issue for Kroft.  Dawson Knox will be on the roster.  After that it's uncertain.  Sweeney could make the roster.  Croom could also.  Lee Smith has a chance to make it as a blocking tight end.  That's five tight ends who could have NFL caliber ability (if not starting ability).  Buffalo is not keeping five tight ends on the roster.  Buffalo may reluctantly have to cut a tight end with the expectation the Jets will pick him up from the waiver wire.  

Croom and Sweeney are the only ones that may not make the roster. Lee Smith is a lock considering the deal he signed. And if Kroft starts on PUP I wouldn’t be shocked if Knox, Smith, Croom and Sweeney all make the roster until Kroft is healthy. 

If you have to cut Croom and/or Sweeney I’m not concerned that they would be the difference in a game vs NYJ ?

Edited by FluffHead
  • Like (+1) 2

On 6/15/2019 at 4:07 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Noice! since we play them week 1.. He’s *really* good.  (Take note for fantasy drafts). They recently cut TEs Neal Sterling and Jordan Leggett.

While I personally believe DUI is over-reach and should only be arrested if someones damages something while driving drunk (all other punishments should apply, save the misdemeanor charge as it should be an extreme moving violation with revocation of license upon conviction in traffic court), how hard is it to say:  "here are my keys.  I'm drinking tonight."

Croom would have to have made no progress to Not make the team. Sweeney is likely headed to PS and a risk to lose.

Kroft should be on IR and hopefully designated to return.

Lee Smith is a lock (surprised at you Tiger ! )

Knox is a lock

Knox

Croom

Lee

are for sures

and

ha ha

to the  jets

On 6/14/2019 at 3:11 PM, White Linen said:

Just head scratching what these young men do sometimes.  

Apparently these young guys haven't heard about UBER just yet it's a lot cheaper than a DUI maybe they will catch on soon ...