Bills SJF Camp schedule

On 7/1/2019 at 1:19 AM, reddogblitz said:

I don't like this. You gotta get the guys away and all get together for a couple of weeks somewhere for team building.  So they can jell.

No you really dont

30 minutes ago, eball said:

No, they're worried about not requiring tickets and then having more than 70K show up.

That's the only reason I can think of why they require tickets (albeit free ones) at these night practices -- the fear that if they don't, too many people will show up and have to be turned away.

Most they've ever had is 10-15 thousand for one on these.

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Yeah, you really do.

So then how come the other Majority of Teams (Bills one of 9 that still go away) dont have issues jelling.  What about HS teams?  College Teams??  NBA Teams?  Mostly all other sport teams?

Lets seem Patriots dont go anywhere for camp......  How many Superbowls have they won?

Edited by MAJBobby

31 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So then how come the other Majority of Teams (Bills one of 9 that still go away) dont have issues jelling.  What about HS teams?  College Teams??  NBA Teams?  Mostly all other sport teams?

Lets seem Patriots dont go anywhere for camp......  How many Superbowls have they won?

Going away for training camp is an unnecessary, antiquated practice that is thankfully coming to an end. I don’t see the Bills remaining in St John Fisher much longer. You have a brand new training facility in Orchard Park, use it. Have open practices in New Era where fans can actually enjoy the experience. SJF is horrendous for fans. Too little parking, too slow of a process to enter, too small of an area, not enough seating. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/9/2019 at 12:25 PM, Bills2ref said:

Going away for training camp is an unnecessary, antiquated practice that is thankfully coming to an end. I don’t see the Bills remaining in St John Fisher much longer. You have a brand new training facility in Orchard Park, use it. Have open practices in New Era where fans can actually enjoy the experience. SJF is horrendous for fans. Too little parking, too slow of a process to enter, too small of an area, not enough seating.

From a 100% selfish standpoint, I disagree that it's antiquated.

Ok, hard to say disagree because I realize camp is for getting the team ready for the season, not for me or for other fans. That being said, although I've been in California since 1994, I grew up in Rochester and my father still lives in the house they bought in 1954. My mother passed away three years ago, but he's still completely independent and turns 95 next month. My family visits once a year or so and when possible, I schedule it during training camp. So, on July 25th and July 28th, my father, my son, possibly a brother and nephews, will be going to training camp. One of us will be the old looking one.

Hopefully, we don't have any issues. Two years ago we were walking and talking on our way to the stands. My father turned his head to point something out and tripped on the cord cover that was going to the radio announcer's tent. He had cuts on his face and hurt his leg but we still enjoyed watching practice.

29 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Nine. More. Days. ?

Yup and then preseason will be here before you know it and we can finally see some of these young guys fight for a roster spot. I'm interested in seeing how every spot plays out myself.

• Like (+1) 2