Bills SJF Camp schedule

With the new recovery facilities I think they will start having camp at OBD. Training camp is a key time to use those.

Makes no difference to me since I live outside of the market anyways. Whatever helps them get the job done.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Does anyone know if New Era facility has dormitory rooms?

If so how many and where are they?

They can get motorhomes, ala Tyrod and Baker at the Browns’ camp last year.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Sounds like a Russ and Ralph idea...
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

They can get motorhomes, ala Tyrod and Baker at the Browns’ camp last year.  ?

Thanks, I forgot about that last year.

I guess there are options to have the players stay on site using something like mobile dorm trailers.

I'm just thinking ahead as to what the Pegula's might do going forward.

Even fi Pegula builds a stadium downtown you got to think the New Era facility will remain as the training center.

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

No dorms. My guess they might add some for rookies but the vets all can stay at home during camp.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Time to put an end to going away for training camp. Makes little sense at this point. The travel is not worth it. In the past they didn't have the facilities at OBD. Now they do. They dont need a marketing presence in Rochester. If they win games what else is someone in Rochester going to do on Sunday?

On 6/14/2019 at 11:14 AM, Ned Flanders said:

Only 8 practices slated for SJF and none at night?  

Eight open to the public. Who knows how many are not. 

On 6/14/2019 at 2:03 PM, ColoradoBills said:

Hammer is building a tent city in his lot. He got the idea from watching the documentary about the Fyre Festival. 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 6/14/2019 at 10:38 PM, hemma said:

They dump sjf, it will be a tough sell in rochester and when they try to sell it, not sure i’ll be buying.

Cut.

...this post from PFT sums it up nicely.....alienate the Rochester and points east/south markets?.......because McDermott says so?...hmmmm......

EJ says:

The Rochester market makes up 31% of all Bills season ticket sales.
Buffalo makes up 68%… and 1% from outside of Buffalo and Rochester areas. Rochester has been a big part of keeping the stadium full throughout the drought… Why change something that has been working out well? Rochester fans enjoy training camp at St John Fisher… It makes up a little for having to drive the hour to two hours (depending on the weather) for each home game.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...this post from PFT sums it up nicely.....alienate the Rochester and points east/south markets?.......because McDermott says so?...hmmmm......

EJ says:

The Rochester market makes up 31% of all Bills season ticket sales.
Buffalo makes up 68%… and 1% from outside of Buffalo and Rochester areas. Rochester has been a big part of keeping the stadium full throughout the drought… Why change something that has been working out well? Rochester fans enjoy training camp at St John Fisher… It makes up a little for having to drive the hour to two hours (depending on the weather) for each home game.

I think the real question is how many people would cancel their seasons because the Bills might choose to cancel training camp at SJF. 

1 minute ago, MarkAF43 said:

I think the real question is how many people would cancel their seasons because the Bills might choose to cancel training camp at SJF. 

....good point.....probably marginal.......Bills fans are a resilient bunch period............

.McDermott is the antitheses "more public" as some profess IMO...2019 Fisher practices are at a historical low with zero at night....great way to alienate 30% of your Rochester fan base as well as points east and south.....piss them off NOW and hope they come calling with a new stadium, higher ticket prices and/or PSL's?....make PERFECT sense(COUGH)...we've done set up and tear down electrical construction work at Fisher for the past 20 years......upon McDermott's arrival, our guys stood idle until McDermott gave the "all clear" to resume work on a particular field...and OBD paid for idle time...trust me, our guys were NOT reporting back to Putin...he's a woeful failure in the marketing department IMO but very good at alienation.....

Having  “ hurt feelings” over a potential future exit from SJF is silly. If the Bills were to ditch ROC for some other offsite locale that would be a different story. But  to simply decide to “ stay home” for camp ( like over half of the NFL already does ) and use the facilities at OBD ?  Just evolution and nothing to make a fuss over. 

On 6/14/2019 at 3:36 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I actually love Rochester and the whole finger lakes region, every time I’ve gone there I’ve had an awesome experience. I’d live there in a heartbeat. Just dont get there enough. 

I was raised there, and left in '84. My mom still lives in the house I was born in, and I'll be visiting her, with my family, this summer. I would move back there in a heartbeat, too, if I could. It really is a nice place to live, and raise a family. One of the things I miss the most, having lived in Los Angeles since '91? The weather!

On 6/15/2019 at 7:52 AM, Ethan in Portland said:

Time to put an end to going away for training camp. Makes little sense at this point. The travel is not worth it. In the past they didn't have the facilities at OBD. Now they do. They dont need a marketing presence in Rochester. If they win games what else is someone in Rochester going to do on Sunday?

Are you really under the impression that the Bills have been training at tiny St, John Fisher College for the last 19 years because they couldn't find another venue closer? The distance is the point.

1 hour ago, MarkAF43 said:

I think the number would be fairly minimal. I also believe that as the team trends up, those numbers would be meaningless, anyway. But, I cannot possibly believe that the Bills have ever even considered using SJF College all these years as a marketing ploy. A lot of hay has been made about team building, etc, and the benefits of having the team a certain distance from home. I firmly believe that they have been training in Rochester for all these years because they want to train in Rochester, regardless of its effect on the fanbase. And, they have said as much. 

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Hmm, Brandon canned, then the team looks to move TC away from his Alma Mater.  Nope, no coincidence there.

Weird how Russ Brandon was able to keep them In Rochester for 19 years.

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Having  “ hurt feelings” over a potential future exit from SJF is silly. If the Bills were to ditch ROC for some other offsite locale that would be a different story. But  to simply decide to “ stay home” for camp ( like over half of the NFL already does ) and use the facilities at OBD ?  Just evolution and nothing to make a fuss over. 

Absolutely agree. 

But, I suspect that McD likes having the team living together, and being away from their homes for TC. That seems like the kind of team building environment that would appeal to him, and I take him at his word that there are fewer practices there because of their practice schedule out of state. And, I sometimes suspect that McD would rather be the HC of the Panthers.

Edited by Rocky Landing