LeSean McCoy expects to be in same role as last year: “I’m a dominant player”

11 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Wow man... you sound like a guy who sits for the pledge and keeps his hat on for the anthem. Hes had an awesome career and was elite enough where he could still be very good when not in his prime. I think he deserves that respect and good on the Bills, bc up until now theyve given it to him. It is indeed a business, but accomplishments and reputation and worthless as you seem to imply. If hes done, thats fine. But im glad we arent the chumps assuming and dumping him only to see him have success somewhere else. If he falls on his sword i hope its as a member of the Bills and then maybe he finds a Gore type role so he can still be useful  (here or elsewhere).

Talk about gross hyperbole.  Did I say anything about his career?  He's gotten all the respect he deserves in the form of over compensation.  What respect has he shown women or regular people in society?  Has he lived up to his contract with the Bills?  Why such a man crush on one of the documented biggest DBs off the field?  Feel good stories and rainbows aren't going to build this team into a winner.  What did I state that was factually incorrect in my post you quoted?  I'm envious of how blissful you must be, because you know what they say pertaining to ignorance.    

E. Smith - Cardinals

E. James -Cardinals 

AP - Multiple teams 

LT - the Jets

E. Dickerson - Falcons

T. Thomas - Dolphins 

F. Taylor - Patriots

S. Jackson- Patriots    

What is it that McCoy deserves?  All the above were and are better than McCoy and they were shown the door from teams they had a great impact with.  We're talking about a guy with one very good season here.    

You sound similar to the dim wit that was asking if Marshawn Lynch deserved to be on the wall of honor. 

Edited by YodaMan79
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, YodaMan79 said:

Talk about gross hyperbole.  Did I say anything about his career?  He's gotten all the respect he deserves in the form of over compensation.  What respect has he shown women or regular people in society?  Has he lived up to his contract with the Bills?  Why such a man crush on one of the documented biggest DBs off the field?  Feel good stories and rainbows aren't going to build this team into a winner.  What did I state that was factually incorrect in my post you quoted?  I'm envious of how blissful you must be, because you know what they say pertaining to ignorance.    

E. Smith - Cardinals

E. James -Cardinals 

AP - Multiple teams 

LT - the Jets

E. Dickerson - Falcons

T. Thomas - Dolphins 

F. Taylor - Patriots

S. Jackson- Patriots    

What is it that McCoy deserves?  All the above were and are better than McCoy and they were shown the door from teams they had a great impact with.  We're talking about a guy with one very good season here.    

You sound similar to the dim wit that was asking if Marshawn Lynch deserved to be on the wall of honor. 

As i said before, all this is based on the assumption A) you know what you are talking about B) You can predict the future. 

A is doubtful, B is impossible. Therefore, why am i further wasting my time? You just sound like some old grumpy get off my lawn guy. Last time i checked, anything not taking place on the football field has no effect on ones stats or performance. You chose to ignore my 1st suggestion about changing your handle, but your entire argument is as simple as wanting to boot someone before they age out. Its like someone booting you from here for talking nonsense- others may like it but you wouldnt be a fan. You have no tangible reason to seperate the best player on the team from 2 years ago from this roster other than trying to be one step ahead and in this instance its not even an original thought. If there were any weight to your theory hed be gone. If you dont think the guy has earned getting to see the last year of his contract im not sure what to tell you other than you are prob in for some dissapointment. Who are YOU to judge overcompensation? Do payscales vs career achievements really need to be explained to you? Next i suppose youll say team chemistry isnt a thing either. You can just say you dont like the dude- that wld at least make sense. Since you seem to be able to read i wont rehash - im just happy that the people in charge seem to be smarter than you and dont seem interested in outsmarting themselves by trying to be one step ahead of the curve in this instance. Its not like we are talking about Mays in the twilight of his career here. People often make an argument for keeping a to show a rookie the ropes. If he has lost a step, maybe Shady will go that route.  You seem to not even be up for that - becuase of his off the field issues? Not that they should be condoned, but back to the A-B thing from above- you have zero idea what actly happened. If there was ANY weight to it, id imagine they would have parted ways last year. So, if thats what has your panties in a bunch about this then its a lost cause to argue from the get bc you are basing your starter on morals- not skill and talent. Have fun w/that my man...

Edited by gobills1212

All you do is babble.  What did I say that was factually incorrect?  Please enlighten me.  Going off of a lot data, he's already aged out, that time has passed.  Actuarial data is not on your side, so it's categorically more doubtful you haven't a clue.  Oh, and 2 years in the NFL is career for most guys.  As far a being grumpy and the "get off my lawn guy,"  I don't think I fit that demo, but who knows, you could be 18-24 with a fresh naive outlook on life.  You sound like you belong to the participation trophy for all generation.  I'm in profession that demands results, if I don't produce I'm replaced.  I have that same outlook on professional sports and athletes.  I don't get caught up in sentimentality for the most part.  Look at the successful teams in the league, they make tough choices.  The Bills are not successful team, so I wouldn't be crowing anyone in the front office as a genius yet.  

Also, look where I live.  I am bias against him, and didn't want him when the Bills traded for him.  It's hard to root for a guy when you know what a dirt ball he and his crew really are.

Edited by YodaMan79
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YodaMan79 said:

All you do is babble.  What did I say that was factually incorrect?  Please enlighten me.  Going off of a lot data, he's already aged out, that time has passed.  Actuarial data is not on your side, so it's categorically more doubtful you haven't a clue.  Oh, and 2 years in the NFL is career for most guys.  As far a being grumpy and the "get off my lawn guy,"  I don't think I fit that demo, but who knows, you could be 18-24 with a fresh naive outlook on life.  You sound like you belong to the participation trophy for all generation.  I'm in profession that demands results, if I don't produce I'm replaced.  I have that same outlook on professional sports and athletes.  I don't get caught up in sentimentality for the most part.  Look at the successful teams in the league, they make tough choices.  The Bills are not successful team, so I wouldn't be crowing anyone in the front office as a genius yet.  

Also, look where I live.  I am bias against him, and didn't want him when the Bills traded for him.  It's hard to root for a guy when you know what a dirt ball he and his crew really are.

I babbel? Dude, this has tool response written all over it. You and common cents (his handle is almost as poorly chosen as yours) apparently share the same thoughts, which is fine, but you onviously just dont like the guy and have an ax to grind. I have no emotional ties to the dude other than im not the idiot that wants to run the guy out of town for things that arent even football related. Who cares where you live? I dont even care enough to look, as its a moot point for the argument but if you feel the proximity to where you live means something either way then congrats? The interwebs seem to do a pretty good job of keeping the rest of the world informed by being able to read the news for pretty much wherever youd like.

You would have saved everyone plenty of time by simply saying ' i think shady is a dirtbag for things that dont relate to the game of football and cant wait until he is off the team'. At least then no one can argue with you because no one can change the way you feel. At the end of the day, the cold hard truth is you dont share the same thought process as the people who are deemed smarter than you at OBD. Apparently rather than dealing w it like a grown man your preference is to come to a message board and slander the guy like some keyboard warrior. Unless he happened to steal your partner/significant other (bc maybe you live in the same area?) Your beef seems petty and displaced. Maybe go root for a Shadyless team like the Raiders. I hear they are all a bunch of chior boys. Good luck w ur crusade dude - youll need it. 

13 hours ago, YodaMan79 said:

E. Smith - Cardinals

E. James -Cardinals 

AP - Multiple teams 

LT - the Jets

E. Dickerson - Falcons

T. Thomas - Dolphins 

F. Taylor - Patriots

S. Jackson- Patriots    

Not sure what this has to do with anything, especially without delving into whether "women and regular people" have shown respect towards him, never mind that he's never had any real legal trouble.  But prior to last year, Shady had averaged 102 yards/game on offense.  Would you still say he's overcompensated?

Now, it remains to be seen whether he returns to form this year with all the improvements on offense.  But no one did well last year on offense so it's possible.

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Should have traded him 2 years ago when he had value.  Might as well run him into the ground this year. 

And thats the thing, he can SAY he has trade value all he wants. But, as he is now on the roster- we have nothing to lose.  Maybe he regains his form, maybe he loses a step but still has value elswhere on the roster for other reason. Only 1 way to find out

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Not sure what this has to do with anything, especially without delving into whether "women and regular people" have shown respect towards him, never mind that he's never had any real legal trouble.  But prior to last year, Shady had averaged 102 yards/game on offense.  Would you still say he's overcompensated?

Now, it remains to be seen whether he returns to form this year with all the improvements on offense.  But no one did well last year on offense so it's possible.

Thats the thing Doc, and i 100% agree. There is a contingent of this fan base that is 100% convinced he is cooked (most based on last season but apparently at least one based on the type of person he is?). Tossing aside a bonafide weapon from a year prior to last season where no one really had success with out being sure he is toast ESPECIALLY when the only thing that actually matters is a roster spot isnt something i understand. Hes ours, if he returns to form great! If hes a shell of his former self - then he doesnt have to come back but if a roster spot is all thats at stake then might as well give it whirl!

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

I babbel? Dude, this has tool response written all over it. You and common cents (his handle is almost as poorly chosen as yours) apparently share the same thoughts, which is fine, but you onviously just dont like the guy and have an ax to grind. I have no emotional ties to the dude other than im not the idiot that wants to run the guy out of town for things that arent even football related. Who cares where you live? I dont even care enough to look, as its a moot point for the argument but if you feel the proximity to where you live means something either way then congrats? The interwebs seem to do a pretty good job of keeping the rest of the world informed by being able to read the news for pretty much wherever youd like.

You would have saved everyone plenty of time by simply saying ' i think shady is a dirtbag for things that dont relate to the game of football and cant wait until he is off the team'. At least then no one can argue with you because no one can change the way you feel. At the end of the day, the cold hard truth is you dont share the same thought process as the people who are deemed smarter than you at OBD. Apparently rather than dealing w it like a grown man your preference is to come to a message board and slander the guy like some keyboard warrior. Unless he happened to steal your partner/significant other (bc maybe you live in the same area?) Your beef seems petty and displaced. Maybe go root for a Shadyless team like the Raiders. I hear they are all a bunch of chior boys. Good luck w ur crusade dude - youll need it. 

Don’t involve me in your nonsense. Post about the team. 

On 6/14/2019 at 9:57 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Meh...what else can he say at this point?  Frank Gore had a better year with a worse O-line.  Now he's going to split his touches with Gore and possibly a rookie.

On 6/14/2019 at 10:02 AM, Doc said:

This is just flat out wrong.  Miami was ranked 14th.  The Bills were 30th.

Wait, @Doc , you haven't read @Mr. WEO's Revisionist History Lexicon? It's all written there, so it has to be true. I mean, the guy researches from his own textbook, religiously! He couldn't be wrong...

On 6/14/2019 at 12:30 PM, Mr. WEO said:

My bad.  I was looking at overall O-line play.  https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-17

But it will be obvious if the O-line was the reason for McCoy's straight down drop off.  He now has real competition running behind the same line.  There are only 2 reasons why McD brought in old man Gore...

43 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Wait, @Doc , you haven't read @Mr. WEO's Revisionist History Lexicon? It's all written there, so it has to be true. I mean, the guy researches from his own textbook, religiously! He couldn't be wrong...

Here you go, Chief.

lol

3 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Don’t involve me in your nonsense. Post about the team. 

Then dont start nonsense. You obviously agreed with his post bc you liked it. Man up or dont get involved. Dont 'like' something like a passive agressive creeper and then cry bc you were called out on it. At least have the stones to to stick up for your opinion. I dont agree with yodas take, but at least he steps up and explains himself and doesnt act offended when someone disagrees. He dishes and understands that it means taking it too. But again..common'cents'

BTW, how bout them 2019 Buffalo Bills??

Edited by gobills1212

32 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Then dont start nonsense. You obviously agreed with his post bc you liked it. Man up or dont get involved. Dont 'like' something like a passive agressive creeper and then cry bc you were called out on it. At least have the stones to to stick up for your opinion. I dont agree with yodas take, but at least he steps up and explains himself and doesnt act offended when someone disagrees. He dishes and understands that it means taking it too. But again..common'cents'

BTW, how bout them 2019 Buffalo Bills??

Yah got me, I’m passive and lack opinions of my own. 

On 6/17/2019 at 9:30 AM, Marv's Neighbor said:

Shady will be pressed hard by Singletary.  Youth will win out.

all in good time.
That is the idea though. Youth should win out.
LM had best no have the same role.

should be situational.

Can Bills even run the power I formation : )

1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

Yah got me, I’m passive and lack opinions of my own. 

i just knew it.

: )

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

all in good time.
That is the idea though. Youth should win out.
LM had best no have the same role.

should be situational.

Can Bills even run the power I formation : )

i just knew it.

: )

Did it again! Can’t help myself!

27 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Did it again! Can’t help myself!

Not to worry.
 you fit in just fine around here.

I bet McCoy finds his groove this year behind a seemingly much improved O line. Gore will bring balance to the run attack and Singletary we hope can spell them nicely. best scenario he is stealing reps mid way through the season.

have no opinion about Yeldon yet.
My money is on Devin being the third back of 3