LeSean McCoy expects to be in same role as last year: “I’m a dominant player”

On 6/14/2019 at 9:57 AM, Marv's Neighbor said:

I hope that this season Shady understands that he HAS to run N-S.  He can't seem to do those "shady" sharp cuts anymore.

He does them just fine.  When he did it last year he just jumpcut into another unblocked defender.

On 6/14/2019 at 10:29 AM, MJS said:

You love spinning false narratives, don't you?

Yes he does.

On 6/14/2019 at 10:43 AM, Shaw66 said:

I've become a big McCoy fan, and I'm really glad to see this.   He says what has seemed apparent to me, which is that the Bills value him a lot more than many people around here.  

There are a couple of important points here.  First, Shady must have a good deal left in the tank, because (1) teams have contacted the Bills trying to get him and (2) the Bills wouldn't deal him.  

Second, last season's numbers weren't about McCoy having lost a step or anything like that.   This quote says it all, between the lines:  " "I mean, there were some games I wasn't right, but overall, it just didn't work. I'll just leave it at that."  That is certainly the way it looked.   He had no place to run for pretty much the entire season, and he isn't a guy who's going to make holes were there are none.   He needs some space to work with. 

One reason I like Shady so much, and a big reason he's still in Buffalo, is that he is 100% team guy.   He doesn't talk much about himself or his production.   He didn't complain at all last season about how little help he was getting.   Even here, all he would say is "it didn't work" and "let's leave it at that."   Half of the offensive linemen he might like to complain about aren't even on the team any more, but he still won't throw them under the bus.  It means he understands it's a team game, and he understands how good teammates behave.  

I take "it didn't work" to mean that he knows that McD and Daboll agree that McCoy's lack of production last season wasn't about McCoy.  

And I love that McCoy understands that his team has to be preparing for life without him.  

I really like how the Bills are positioned at running back for 2019.  I'm particularly excited about Singletary, because his running style is so much like Shady's.  If the Bills can get the oline right right for Shady, Singletary will do some real damage spelling Shady.   And Gore and Yeldon can do the heavier pounding.  

He did indirectly throw them under the bus during concerning some of Alabamas OL.  But didnt specify which OL he would replace.

On 6/14/2019 at 8:03 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting that he said “there were so many requests for trades for me” ... 

Assuming it's true and I have no reason NOT to believe him ,  just wondering who and what was offered for McCoy 

I don’t think any back for the Bills this year will get over 1000 yards rushing. 

What i do hope for is to get back into the top 5 of yards per carry. This is a great indicator for how well we are rushing the ball. McDermott is going to want to run the ball at least as much as the pass. 4 yards a carry or there about will mean good things for this O. 

Shady is hands down my favorite Bill and he’s the main reason the drought is over. He’s the 1 guy on this roster that I can live with regardless of performance. He has earned that IMO. Last year was bad. My head knows what I saw but my heart is telling me to wait and see. Shady has earned the benefit of the doubt. If Shady has a repeat performance of last year, we just have to increase the rotation of other backs. Nobody is going to trade for an older RB with a big salary. Shady should stay here until he’s ready to retire. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

His ego is now bigger then the talent he brings to the table.  Is he worth headache anymore?  He's not the locker room guy people on this board seem to think he is.  He's also not the reason any "drought" is over.  In my opinion it's still pretty damn arid.  I'm excited to see what the younger guys can do.  The past three years plenty of 1st year RBs have shown they can carry the load. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/14/2019 at 8:59 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I really hope he has a bounce back year...one because it will help our Bills.  The other, maybe he hits on some bonuses because he will need them for Lawyer fees....he has a crazy ex.

I would bet 1000 bucks he bounces back 

Personally, i dont get why shady got put on the back burner and why it seems so many people are foaming at the mouth to move on. Maybe hes lost a bit, but there were games in 17 where he was just electric. He had a poop oline but when he got the ball in space, it was same ol shady. I mean, i suppose there is a chance the magic is gone, but i need to see it - and i dont consider last year to be said proof. As far as im concerned he is still one of the top play makers on the team who was a victim of circumstance last year. If anything i expect that to motovate him. Imo, the benefit of him on this roster still currently largely out weighs the benefits of him not being on it. Only time will tell 

9 hours ago, YodaMan79 said:

His ego is now bigger then the talent he brings to the table.  Is he worth headache anymore?  He's not the locker room guy people on this board seem to think he is.  He's also not the reason any "drought" is over.  In my opinion it's still pretty damn arid.  I'm excited to see what the younger guys can do.  The past three years plenty of 1st year RBs have shown they can carry the load. 

I thought Yoda knew whats up? If you cant handle the handle, change it to Maul or Dooku

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/14/2019 at 12:22 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Right... what’s a guy with 10k career rushing yards know. 

We will see what he can and can’t do. I’m banking on him being ready to go. 

I think he said, he will be allowed to do Shady stuff. because he will have an o line that gives him enough room and time to find those gaps that can get him to the second level and beyond.
and i do expect Josh to look keep one eye on him at all times when passing. Part of Allens growth. I saw McCoy open in the flats and never glanced at too often last year.

lets work on that  

: )

11 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I don’t think any back for the Bills this year will get over 1000 yards rushing. 

What i do hope for is to get back into the top 5 of yards per carry. This is a great indicator for how well we are rushing the ball. McDermott is going to want to run the ball at least as much as the pass. 4 yards a carry or there about will mean good things for this O. 

combined yards.

thats what i expect. From both Gore and Lesean

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

I think he said, he will be allowed to do Shady stuff. because he will have an o line that gives him enough room and time to find those gaps that can get him to the second level and beyond.
and i do expect Josh to look keep one eye on him at all times when passing. Part of Allens growth. I saw McCoy open in the flats and never glanced at too often last year.

lets work on that  

: )

combined yards.

thats what i expect. From both Gore and Lesean

100% correct. I’ve even noticed Aaron Rodgers do the sane refusing to take the checkdown despite an obvious chain move. 

its truly a skill, a sign of maturity and of humility. 

If if he starts taking it, the defenses will Truly need to defend the entire field

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

100% correct. I’ve even noticed Aaron Rodgers do the sane refusing to take the checkdown despite an obvious chain move. 

its truly a skill, a sign of maturity and of humility. 

If if he starts taking it, the defenses will Truly need to defend the entire field

I am glad you mentioned Rodgers

Plenty of QBs stay locked onto one side of the field or a certain route.
up to Daboll to help Allen use as much of the field as possible.

Good post Over 29 !

I'm of the unpopular opinion that he's done as a primary back.  Even with bad blocking he still wasn't the same guy in space that we saw the previous seasons.  The greatest finesse RB's of all time (LT, Marhsall Faulk, Thurman Thomas) all declined once they hit 30/31.  He's pry going to have to become a solid change of pace/3rd down/receiving back in order for him to still be valuable to an NFL roster. 

• Like (+1) 4

I don't get the love for the guy?  In the 4 years he's been a bill, he's had one standout season (16).  Yet, what feels like a large contingent of fans on this board seem to think he's going to turn back time.  He had a good line in 17, but 4 YPC wasn't/isn't anything to write home about (25th).  He was top 5 in yards in 17, but also had more carries then anyone not named Bell.  He's not elite, he's just a name that will show a flash occasionally, with a high cap number.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

I don't get the love for the guy?  In the 4 years he's been a bill, he's had one standout season (16).  Yet, what feels like a large contingent of fans on this board seem to think he's going to turn back time.  He had a good line in 17, but 4 YPC wasn't/isn't anything to write home about (25th).  He was top 5 in yards in 17, but also had more carries then anyone not named Bell.  He's not elite, he's just a name that will show a flash occasionally, with a high cap number.  

Best D

best LBs

best QB

best RB

Bills will massacre every opponent 

then reality kicks in Week One

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm of the unpopular opinion that he's done as a primary back.  Even with bad blocking he still wasn't the same guy in space that we saw the previous seasons.  The greatest finesse RB's of all time (LT, Marhsall Faulk, Thurman Thomas) all declined once they hit 30/31.  He's pry going to have to become a solid change of pace/3rd down/receiving back in order for him to still be valuable to an NFL roster. 

You might be right (wouldnt be the 1st time lol) BUT i think like those other backs he deserves the chance to show us. He doesnt seem like a dumb dude. If his time has come hopefully he can and will change his game. I also feel like as what he is/has been he shld get the chance to demonstrate that w a good line he cant get it done. Many players you want to work it so they dint run out of gas on your roster. I think w him though he at least gets the benefit of the doubt. W a decent line the yr before he was still a monster. 

1 hour ago, YodaMan79 said:

Wow man... you sound like a guy who sits for the pledge and keeps his hat on for the anthem. Hes had an awesome career and was elite enough where he could still be very good when not in his prime. I think he deserves that respect and good on the Bills, bc up until now theyve given it to him. It is indeed a business, but accomplishments and reputation and worthless as you seem to imply. If hes done, thats fine. But im glad we arent the chumps assuming and dumping him only to see him have success somewhere else. If he falls on his sword i hope its as a member of the Bills and then maybe he finds a Gore type role so he can still be useful  (here or elsewhere).