Probably LeSean McCoy's Last Year With Bills

11 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

a contender that feels it would put them over the top this year.

That’s just wishful thinking IMO.  McCoy is a very highly paid RB who is on the wrong side of 30 and coming off a terrible season. Even if a good team does find itself with injury issues at RB, why would they trade for Shady?  Why would they pay a draft pick and over $6M on the chance that he regained his form?  There would be better options for them out there.

820 yards rushing, 7 rushing TDs at 4.8ypa, 420 yards receiving and 3 receiving TDs. 

That is my prediction for Shady's year. I think he can still play. I don't see decline on last year's tape. What I do see, and what has always been the case with Shady is the more frustrated he gets and the fewer holes his line are making for him the more he tries to dance and bounce everything and it becomes a vicious circle. If Mitch Morse, Quinton Spain and Feliciano / Long are winning at the point of attack and making holes I think Shady will have a good year. I don't see 1,000 yards rushing because I do think they intend to use the inconvenient truth and Singletary's dancing feet and be much more running back by committee rather than Shady as a the bell cow. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, bigdogtim said:

McD values team leadership and culture a lot as we have seen.  I think that is part of why Frank Gore is here.  IF and that is a big IF, Shady can develop into the type of leader that the soon to be gone Lorax is, then I could see him being back.  If he can't, or won't, then bye bye Shady and thanks for the memories.

He's an 11 year vet.  He's not going to develop into anything at this point.  That's one reason why Gore is here. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's an 11 year vet.  He's not going to develop into anything at this point.  That's one reason why Gore is here. 

True - though McDermott did praise Shady's leadership a couple of times last year and Beane alluded to it in his end of season presser. I think the Bills were impressed and I actually get the sense a little surprised) by McCoy's maturity in dealing with adversity in 2018. 

Personally, I felt Shady lost a half step last year beyond the O-line issues.  I do believe he'll still be effective this year but get less touches.  You know for a player of his (past)caliber they're not going to let him play out his last year if they believe in his future.  So if they extend him before the season that will say everything and we'll have something to complain about either way!:lol: 

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

True - though McDermott did praise Shady's leadership a couple of times last year and Beane alluded to it in his end of season presser. I think the Bills were impressed and I actually get the sense a little surprised) by McCoy's maturity in dealing with adversity in 2018. 

McDermott had to, In McCoy's own words, "put me in place" by benching him in late December.

I think McD was tired with McCoy's lack of leadership so he brought in Gore, who immediately impressed everyone in the locker room as a leader.  Plus he's a better/stronger straight ahead runner, which this O-line is going to need.

The team will have no less than 5 new run blockers if you include the tight end. Could be all six if they move Dawkins to G.

They started Peterman and KB last year. At one point they cut the best WR on the team. They started Derek Anderson at QB. 

Yes running backs don't age well. But no RB in the league would have succeeded behind the line Beane put out there last year. 

Shady will have a couple 100 yard games and 450 yards by game 6. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

McDermott had to, In McCoy's own words, "put me in place" by benching him in late December.

I think McD was tired with McCoy's lack of leadership so he brought in Gore, who immediately impressed everyone in the locker room as a leader.  Plus he's a better/stronger straight ahead runner, which this O-line is going to need.

I don't agree. I think they value what Shady brings in terms of leadership and personality. He isn't Frank Gore as a leader that much is obvious. And they have tried to sign Gore both years if they are to be believed. They clearly value his type of running style as well - they have tried to bring guys in the last two years of that style. 

3 hours ago, Zaso Art Designs said:

This will probably be LeSean McCoy's last year with the Bills unless he has an incredible season and the Bills decide to resign him. I was excited when the Bills traded for him and overall I think he has been great for us besides last year (Although last year not being his fault entirely). 

I think he will bounce back this year and have a solid year. I can see a 1,000 yards rushing type of season. 

Its not very often when the Bills have an NFL star player on their team. I love McCoy and I am going to embrace every moment he has with the Bills this year because it could be his last time in a Bills uniform. 

I feel the same about Shady as you seem, especially the bolded part.  

But I don't necessarily agree it's his last season.   If he goes for 1000 yards, I think there's a good chance he will re-sign with Buffalo, for a couple of reasons.

1.  McBeane LOVE veteran leadership.  They LOVE it.   That's why they got Gore.   And they love McCoy for his leadership.   McBeane will keep quality veteran leaders around for as long as they can. 

2.  McCoy, I think, LOVES Buffalo.  He loves it because he has a coach and GM who appreciates him.   He has fans who appreciate him.   And he can see that this team is going places.  I don't think McCoy is going to be anxious to move someplace for a year or two, hoping he can capture a Lombardi.  He didn't like leaving Philly, because it was home and it was comfortable.  He won't like leaving Buffalo, either.  And I doubt he'll go chasing the top dollar.  No one will give him a long-term deal: best he can get is a rich one-year deal.  I'm guessing that even if the Bills won't match the best he can get elsewhere, they will get close enough that the non-monetary issues will keep him in Buffalo.  

28 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I feel the same about Shady as you seem, especially the bolded part.  

But I don't necessarily agree it's his last season.   If he goes for 1000 yards, I think there's a good chance he will re-sign with Buffalo, for a couple of reasons.

1.  McBeane LOVE veteran leadership.  They LOVE it.   That's why they got Gore.   And they love McCoy for his leadership.   McBeane will keep quality veteran leaders around for as long as they can. 

2.  McCoy, I think, LOVES Buffalo.  He loves it because he has a coach and GM who appreciates him.   He has fans who appreciate him.   And he can see that this team is going places.  I don't think McCoy is going to be anxious to move someplace for a year or two, hoping he can capture a Lombardi.  He didn't like leaving Philly, because it was home and it was comfortable.  He won't like leaving Buffalo, either.  And I doubt he'll go chasing the top dollar.  No one will give him a long-term deal: best he can get is a rich one-year deal.  I'm guessing that even if the Bills won't match the best he can get elsewhere, they will get close enough that the non-monetary issues will keep him in Buffalo.  

I agree, although I could see him signing a cheap deal with Philly, Buffalo,  KC, etc. Regardless, it’ll be with a city and/ coaching staff he’s familiar with. 

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Shady is gone I feel. Singletary has an identical running style and is younger. Gore will be the banger and Yeldon will be a nice rotational guy behind them. Bills go running back by committee. 

If the Bills cut McCoy for TJ freaking Yeldon then they really should fire everyone and burn the whole thing down. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

820 yards rushing, 7 rushing TDs at 4.8ypa, 420 yards receiving and 3 receiving TDs. 

That is my prediction for Shady's year. I think he can still play. I don't see decline on last year's tape. What I do see, and what has always been the case with Shady is the more frustrated he gets and the fewer holes his line are making for him the more he tries to dance and bounce everything and it becomes a vicious circle. If Mitch Morse, Quinton Spain and Feliciano / Long are winning at the point of attack and making holes I think Shady will have a good year. I don't see 1,000 yards rushing because I do think they intend to use the inconvenient truth and Singletary's dancing feet and be much more running back by committee rather than Shady as a the bell cow. 

Yeah, I'm seeing Johnathon Stewart/DeAngelo Williams type rb rotation, and throwing Singletary in there too, at least to start the season.

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Not sure if you’re serious about extending him......

At any rate, if Shady remains on the team this season I think he’d bounce back somewhat from last season but won’t be what he used to be.  He’ll be a good, but an expensive rotational RB.  That said, I can see him being a cut if it looks like we have 3 other good backs.  No team would be interested in his contract unless he is tearing it up early in the season.  In that (unlikely IMO) case, why would we we trade him?

I’m shocked if there is any sort of trade scenario for a 30+ yr old back coming off of 3.2 ypc 500 yd season. 

Im not sure how all the cap stuff works, but I’m assuming a trade leads to 2.6 million in dead cap but 6 mil salary goes to new team cap? 

Either way, My belief is he is chasing snaps and yards at this point. Money is secondary.  He seems like he wants canton. An extension will be cheap. If he wants to re up for a couple million tops, and still can show there’s something in the tank, worth consideration