The new and improved beer thread

I want to thank @Cripple Creek for finding the old beer thread....oh wait. He didn't follow directions ...AGAIN. Anyway, I couldn't find the old "Beer Review" thread despite many attempts in the current OTW or the archives. Maybe @SDS has a trick I missed in the search function. I used all the various possible search options but no luck.

The reason for wanting to resurrect the Beer Review thread was because I tasted what was, perhaps, the best beer I ever purchased yesterday in Charlton MA. 

Treehouse Brewery in Charlton, MA makes some mighty fine brew.  I stood in line for 45 minutes to purchase beer. When I asked the guys around me what was the big deal, they said they were releasing one of their all time best called "King Jjjjjulius" which is a double IPA.  Only allowed to buy two 16 oz cans. The guy in front of me offered $20 if he could have my two cans.

So then I went through their beers available while waiting in the scorching hot sun. I put a lot of effort into this purchase and went to fill out my paper (you have to fill out a small card, give it to the lady and she brings out your order).  I ended up buying the two King J's, a case of SAP, a case of Haze, my limit on Doubleganger and their Imperial Stout (the guys told me this was one of their best stouts available).

I had two Saps last night and they were unbelievably smooth, light hop, citrus notes like mango they say, but really slight...not heavy.  At 7% it was a perfect drink for what I was looking for.  I'd say it's comparable to Alchemist Focal Banger but better (if that's possible because I really like Alchemist beers).

Going to try the Haze tonight before my daughter's Spring Concert....just need that relaxed psyche.  Will have one of the  King J's on Father's day.

The guys in line were very knowledgeable  I asked if the TreeHouse beers were too juicy (as I don't want to feel like drinking fruit juice) and they assured me they were not     juicy at all...just right. For Patriot fans, they were spot on. Nice dudes and appreciated their recommendations.  I was somewhat disappointed in the number of beers available and the tasting room for pours was closed that day. Can see myself spending a few hours in their alone. Also, most other times they have more of their selections available in can, but I picked a day with limited selections but one of them is their all time best (King Jjjjulius)....so in the end I'm happy.

I'll try and upload some pics. Plan on going back some time this summer I'm sure (2.5 hours away).

Fergy

https://www.treehousebrew.com/beers

https://www.treehousebrew.com/on-tap

5 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I want to thank @Cripple Creek for finding the old beer thread....oh wait. He didn't follow directions ...AGAIN. Anyway, I couldn't find the old "Beer Review" thread despite many attempts in the current OTW or the archives. Maybe @SDS has a trick I missed in the search function. I used all the various possible search options but no luck.

The reason for wanting to resurrect the Beer Review thread was because I tasted what was, perhaps, the best beer I ever purchased yesterday in Charlton MA. 

Treehouse Brewery in Charlton, MA makes some mighty fine brew.  I stood in line for 45 minutes to purchase beer. When I asked the guys around me what was the big deal, they said they were releasing one of their all time best called "King Jjjjjulius" which is a double IPA.  Only allowed to buy two 16 oz cans. The guy in front of me offered $20 if he could have my two cans.

So then I went through their beers available while waiting in the scorching hot sun. I put a lot of effort into this purchase and went to fill out my paper (you have to fill out a small card, give it to the lady and she brings out your order).  I ended up buying the two King J's, a case of SAP, a case of Haze, my limit on Doubleganger and their Imperial Stout (the guys told me this was one of their best stouts available).

I had two Saps last night and they were unbelievably smooth, light hop, citrus notes like mango they say, but really slight...not heavy.  At 7% it was a perfect drink for what I was looking for.  I'd say it's comparable to Alchemist Focal Banger but better (if that's possible because I really like Alchemist beers).

Going to try the Haze tonight before my daughter's Spring Concert....just need that relaxed psyche.  Will have one of the  King J's on Father's day.

The guys in line were very knowledgeable  I asked if the TreeHouse beers were too juicy (as I don't want to feel like drinking fruit juice) and they assured me they were not     juicy at all...just right. For Patriot fans, they were spot on. Nice dudes and appreciated their recommendations.  I was somewhat disappointed in the number of beers available and the tasting room for pours was closed that day. Can see myself spending a few hours in their alone. Also, most other times they have more of their selections available in can, but I picked a day with limited selections but one of them is their all time best (King Jjjjulius)....so in the end I'm happy.

I'll try and upload some pics. Plan on going back some time this summer I'm sure (2.5 hours away).

Fergy

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

I tried multiple times to find it...my searching method must be suspect.

The search function isn't the greatest. Google always works best for me. I just googled "twobillsdrive" and "beer" and it was one of the results.

• Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Fergy

Hey, Shaw66!  When did you change your name?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, teef said:

you guys ever try coors light?!

What was your "go to" beer in high school? You know, the brand that you asked your older cousin, sibling or the local degenerate in town to buy for you and your buddies to drink in the woods.

Ours was Genny Cream Ale pounders (16 ounce bottles) or Goebels.

Image result for goebel beer

Image result for genesee cream ale 16 ounce bottles

• Like (+1) 1