The new and improved beer thread

18 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

I'd like to think Heineken would just let Lagunitas to continue to do what they've been doing w/o too much interference, but it's a huge corporation and that's probably not reasonable to expect that to happen. There have been a few high level people who have left that have said it's not the same anymore (big corporate interference). It's no longer our little Sonoma County brewery, but as long as they keep pumping out good alternatives to their standard batches...I'm fine.

I have heard the opposite from some people I know in the beer business a bit..they have said Bud has been pretty hands off at Goose and Devils Backbone in terms of the beer..marketing and distribution are obviously a whole nother thing!!!

17 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

59.jpg

Boom.   I win 

One of my earliest craft discoveries, and still one of my favorites..despite not being in a can!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Whatnot78 said:

Bells no longer distributes to VA thanks to the idiot distribution people.  So now I have to get my 2-hearted and Hopslam from family in NY or when I go visit.

yea, it started when Loveland sold to Premium here in VA. I know the family who owned Loveland...and from what the rumor is he got the proverbial offer he could not refuse in terms on the amount of money.  I dont really understand the whole dispute, but has something to do with Reyes..who owns Premium..think this goes back a ways with Reyes and Bells.

BTW, heading to some friends house for vacation next week, whats the deal with hardly any can beer in Cali????

39 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

yea, it started when Loveland sold to Premium here in VA. I know the family who owned Loveland...and from what the rumor is he got the proverbial offer he could not refuse in terms on the amount of money.  I dont really understand the whole dispute, but has something to do with Reyes..who owns Premium..think this goes back a ways with Reyes and Bells.

BTW, heading to some friends house for vacation next week, whats the deal with hardly any can beer in Cali????

Just like you said...

https://www.brewbound.com/news/bells-brewery-to-cease-beer-shipments-to-virginia

But there is a dim light of hope...

https://wtvr.com/2019/05/23/when-will-bells-brewery-beer-return-to-virginia/

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I have heard the opposite from some people I know in the beer business a bit..they have said Bud has been pretty hands off at Goose and Devils Backbone in terms of the beer..marketing and distribution are obviously a whole nother thing!!!

I hope that's the case. The people who have talked, had been in the marketing portion of Lagunitas. So I do hope the rest of the business is left alone. It's still the same atmosphere when you visit. Apparently the new CEO is letting them continue doing what they've been doing w/o too much interference. 

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/business/9199432-181/petalumas-lagunitas-brewing-co-goes

• Like (+1) 1