The new and improved beer thread

39 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

https://vinepair.com/booze-news/best-beers-america-2019/?amp

Bells over Pliny? Hmmm

I see Alchemist and Treehouse on the list and plan on grabbing some Sip of Sunshine next time I’m in VT. 

They all seem like "famous" beers..i know nothing about homebrewing but maybe those have the most reliable recipes?

Tank 7 is my favorite on that list..but at 8.5% it is not in my best interest to keep a lot of them in my fridge

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Bells over Pliny? Hmmm

I see Alchemist and Treehouse on the list and plan on grabbing some Sip of Sunshine next time I’m in VT. 

That list is just plain dumb.  You can get Sip o Sunshine basically anywhere now.  Instead of a 518 lunch this summer, we should do a 518-802 Beer tour.  That would be a lot of fun.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/20681/237200/

Had a few of these ^^^ last night at the advice of the bartender.  Great beer to have with dinner.  Outstanding depth of taste for an American style Ale.  

54 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

That list is just plain dumb.  You can get Sip o Sunshine basically anywhere now.  Instead of a 518 lunch this summer, we should do a 518-802 Beer tour.  That would be a lot of fun.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/20681/237200/

Had a few of these ^^^ last night at the advice of the bartender.  Great beer to have with dinner.  Outstanding depth of taste for an American style Ale.  

Sounds fun. 

Can’t get Sip O Sunshine here in NY (and I’m 2 miles from VT border). 

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Bells over Pliny? Hmmm

Bells two hearted pounder cans have become my go to house beer about a year ago. They overtook Troegs Perpetual. 

50 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Absolutely not. Pennsyltuckians wear camo....Vermonters wear red plaid Woolrich, even in the summer.

Carhartt pants/shorts, a “Don’t New Jersey Vermont” or “Keep Vermont Weird” t-shirt, shoes made of free-range fibers, and a Patagonia trucker hat.  Get it right...

On 6/13/2019 at 12:23 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

by request 

Fergy is a dolt.

3427113831_de808e79d8_b.jpg

51KC4oldjNL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Brings back memories of a younger time when, every trip back home, I ‘d pick up a couple cases of Extra Stock and Brador, and a quarter pound of vegetables.

For at least a couple of weeks, I was the most popular guy in High Rise One!

• Like (+1) 1

I live in the land of Pliny, but not a big fan of the Russian River brews...Moonlight Brewery is down the street from our house. Everyone has raved about this gem for some time, but it's dark nature scared me away (more of a Pils guy, Moonlight's Reality Czeck is outstanding)...but Death & Taxes, a black lager is an excellent brew. 

Image may contain: drink

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 707BillsFan said:

I live in the land of Pliny, but not a big fan of the Russian River brews...Moonlight Brewery is down the street from our house. Everyone has raved about this gem for some time, but it's dark nature scared me away (more of a Pils guy, Moonlight's Reality Czeck is outstanding)...but Death & Taxes, a black lager is an excellent brew. 

Image may contain: drink

I’ll have to give it a try.  I also don’t get the RRB hype.  I didn’t think Pliny was anything special.

Lagunitas is still my favorite.  I discovered the summer lager recently and it is terrific.

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I’ll have to give it a try.  I also don’t get the RRB hype.  I didn’t think Pliny was anything special.

Lagunitas is still my favorite.  I discovered the summer lager recently and it is terrific.

This little gem? My fridge is stocked w/ them. We went tasting at the new RRB site and I didn't care for any of the beers I tasted (they weren't brewing STS at the new site yet). I believe both Death & Taxes and Reality Czeck are in cans at various locations. 

LAGUR_Front_Dry_12oz_Can_175x334_dark.png

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, 707BillsFan said:

This little gem? My fridge is stocked w/ them. We went tasting at the new RRB site and I didn't care for any of the beers I tasted (they weren't brewing STS at the new site yet). I believe both Death & Taxes and Reality Czeck are in cans at various locations. 

LAGUR_Front_Dry_12oz_Can_175x334_dark.png

i will have to try one of those...

funny how beer geeks and small brewery owners get all pissed when one of their brethern get bought by a giant..but seems to me most of these places are still turning out great beer..like above

40 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

funny how beer geeks and small brewery owners get all pissed when one of their brethern get bought by a giant..but seems to me most of these places are still turning out great beer..like above

Most of them are also anti vax and flat earthers so I get their confusion.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I'd like to think Heineken would just let Lagunitas to continue to do what they've been doing w/o too much interference, but it's a huge corporation and that's probably not reasonable to expect that to happen. There have been a few high level people who have left that have said it's not the same anymore (big corporate interference). It's no longer our little Sonoma County brewery, but as long as they keep pumping out good alternatives to their standard batches...I'm fine.

Here are a few pics of my current brews on deck...

Blowoff tubes from my Arrogant Bastard Clone:

r4bTiYh.jpg

PqnqbCG.jpg

This is the secondary fermentation for my modified Commodore Perry IPA (With chopped grapefruit added to the fermenter:

dlzGKds.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 1