The new and improved beer thread

Jesus Christ.  A day old beer thread gets to 4 pages and sexy chick squeezing someone's balls barely cracks 3 pages in 3 days!  I demand social justice.  This @Cripple Creek guy is a complete hack that thinks he has the pulse of the people.

I am starting a letter, going above the chain of command... Straight to JC's father!

Here's what I got started:

Dear God, hope You got the letter
And I pray You can make it better down here
I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
But all the people that You made in Your image
See them starving on their feet
'Cause they don't get enough to eat
From God, I can't believe in You.

Dear God, sorry to disturb You
But I feel that I should be heard loud and clear
We all need a big reduction in amount of tears...

18 hours ago, Gugny said:

Drinking a few of these babies tonight:

Moe.saic IPA Hoppy Hour Hero Bottle

https://www.saranac.com/brews/inner-circle-series/hoppy-hour-hero/

Yummy.  I bet @The Poojer likes Moe.

I love that they do moe. related beers.  Saw them last year and Philly and the bar brought in some for the show.  I really enjoyed both the beer and the band

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

This one is for @BringBackFergy .  Next time tell @mead107 to not drink it all!

https://indycraftbrew.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/3-Floyds-Zombie-Dust-1210x642.jpg

[NOT sure why my pix linx aren't embedding anymore!]

But here is an attachment:

3-Floyds-Zombie-Dust-1210x642.jpg

@mead107 saved me one. ONE!!!

29 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wow!  What a nice pal!  Hope it had it on ice for you!

Lol. He actually gave them all to me and I gave him some to take home. They were fabulous. Go to NE game this year. Will bring you a treat (No...not an energy drink)

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Is Saranac Utica Club?  Or should I phrase that differently. The breweries the same?  Not sure where I heard that.

Matt's Brewery (formerly Utica Club) brews Saranac, but I don't know if it's contract brewing or if Saranac is Matt's "high-end" beer line.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Is Saranac Utica Club?  Or should I phrase that differently. The breweries the same?  Not sure where I heard that.

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

Matt's Brewery (formerly Utica Club) brews Saranac, but I don't know if it's contract brewing or if Saranac is Matt's "high-end" beer line.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Brewing_Company

After working at the Duke of Baden Brewery of the Black Forest region in Baden, Germany, Francis Xavier Matt I immigrated to the United States in 1880. Matt worked at the Charles Bierbauer Brewery as lead salesman and brewmaster in Utica for a few years before reorganizing it into The West End Brewing Company in 1888.

During Prohibition, the company stayed afloat by producing soft drinks under the label Utica Club, and also made Ginger Ale and non-alcoholic malt tonics.[2] After the end of Prohibition, Utica Club became the name of the brewery's flagship beer, promoted during the 1950s and 1960s by two beer steins, Schultz and Dooley, voiced by Jonathan Winters. Schultz & Dooley were first introduced to television audiences in 1959 and rapidly became the West End Brewing Company's favorite "spokes mugs".[3] Another very important factor for marketing was the "Utica Club Natural Carbonation Band Beer Drinking Song". On March 21, 1968 members of Utica Club sales previewed a new campaign called "swings". Created by Wells, Rich, Greene, Inc. "The campaign started with introductory television spots featuring a mythical nightclub, the Utica Club, which embodied the most desirable features of the best nightclubs in the world." The campaign introduced "Utica Club Natural Carbonation Band Beer Drinking Song". The selection was created for the Matt Brewing Company by one of commercial music's best-credentialed composers, the great Sasha Burland" (Forgotten Buffalo 2014). This song aimed to persuade the customers that Utica Club was a hip night club, and people would drink Utica Club beer while listening to this song.[4]

The brewery, later renamed Matt Brewing Company, became popular throughout the Northeast based on Utica Club and its current flagship beer, Saranac. The company is in its fourth generation of family ownership and is led by Nick Matt (chairman and CEO) and Fred Matt (president). The brewery is served by the New York, Susquehanna and Western Railway (NYS&W) from their line next to the brewery which runs down the middle of Schuyler Street.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Gugny said:

After working at the Duke of Baden Brewery of the Black Forest region in Baden, Germany, Francis Xavier Matt I immigrated to the United States in 1880. Matt worked at the Charles Bierbauer Brewery as lead salesman and brewmaster in Utica for a few years before reorganizing it into The West End Brewing Company in 1888.

During Prohibition, the company stayed afloat by producing soft drinks under the label Utica Club, and also made Ginger Ale and non-alcoholic malt tonics.[2] After the end of Prohibition, Utica Club became the name of the brewery's flagship beer, promoted during the 1950s and 1960s by two beer steins, Schultz and Dooley, voiced by Jonathan Winters. Schultz & Dooley were first introduced to television audiences in 1959 and rapidly became the West End Brewing Company's favorite "spokes mugs".[3] Another very important factor for marketing was the "Utica Club Natural Carbonation Band Beer Drinking Song". On March 21, 1968 members of Utica Club sales previewed a new campaign called "swings". Created by Wells, Rich, Greene, Inc. "The campaign started with introductory television spots featuring a mythical nightclub, the Utica Club, which embodied the most desirable features of the best nightclubs in the world." The campaign introduced "Utica Club Natural Carbonation Band Beer Drinking Song". The selection was created for the Matt Brewing Company by one of commercial music's best-credentialed composers, the great Sasha Burland" (Forgotten Buffalo 2014). This song aimed to persuade the customers that Utica Club was a hip night club, and people would drink Utica Club beer while listening to this song.[4]

The brewery, later renamed Matt Brewing Company, became popular throughout the Northeast based on Utica Club and its current flagship beer, Saranac. The company is in its fourth generation of family ownership and is led by Nick Matt (chairman and CEO) and Fred Matt (president). The brewery is served by the New York, Susquehanna and Western Railway (NYS&W) from their line next to the brewery which runs down the middle of Schuyler Street.

I don't use Wikipedia.  Contrary to what @BringBackFergy says.  Wiki is for hacks.  I ski Encyclopedia Britannica:

You’ve-been-warned_-double-black-ski-run-The-Wall.jpg

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I always suspected @ExiledInIllinois had a troll account. The use of the word “flagship” is a dead giveaway. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

The trains that run down the middle the residential neighborhoods in Utica to service the brewery are pretty wild.   The guy that posted this video has several that show trains and cars getting in each other’s way.