The new and improved beer thread

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

What was your "go to" beer in high school? You know, the brand that you asked your older cousin, sibling or the local degenerate in town to buy for you and your buddies to drink in the woods.

Ours was Genny Cream Ale pounders (16 ounce bottles) or Goebels.

In high school, go to beers were Meister Brau and Busch.

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Those were big ones in college...along with Milwaukee's Best.  ??

In my early 20s, I started drinking Molson Export Ale.  Loved it.  After a while, it seemed like I could NOT find a 12-pack that wasn't skunked.  Tried different places, too.  Always skunked.  Weirdest thing.

That's when I switched to Labatt Blue.  About 7-10 years ago, I switched to Blue Light and that remains my daily hydrator.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

In my early 20s, I started drinking Molson Export Ale.  Loved it.  After a while, it seemed like I could NOT find a 12-pack that wasn't skunked.  Tried different places, too.  Always skunked.  Weirdest thing.

That's when I switched to Labatt Blue.  About 7-10 years ago, I switched to Blue Light and that remains my daily hydrator.

Funny you say that. We always enjoyed Molsen Golden and would crack them open sometimes and they were skunky. We had the same complaint. Maybe Molsen had that as a traditional brew method....let it sit and skunk before bottling.  Can't go wrong with Labatts.

I actually will contribute to this thread as i had a new(ish) beer this weekend(in fact i drank several of them).  Alchemist, of Heady Topper et al fame, released Rapture in Philly and it was in a few places around town.  best i can tell it's the first time making it in a few years.  It was very good.  i want to drink a lot more.

Hey, that looks like my desk :-)

37 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

What was your "go to" beer in high school? You know, the brand that you asked your older cousin, sibling or the local degenerate in town to buy for you and your buddies to drink in the woods.

Image result for goebel beer

Image result for genesee cream ale 16 ounce bottles

High school!?  I just bought a 36 pack of the nectar. Even comes with a cheapo cooler that you can throw snacks in for a shirtless day at the beach!

49 minutes ago, Gugny said:

In high school, go to beers were Meister Brau and Busch.

And  the small barrel bottled Schmidts..piel's?

My dad kept Brador in the basement bar and garage (got it from a salesman from work)..I stole my fair share.

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Miller Ponies 

miller-high-life-small-bottles-646.jpg

Never a Scream Ale (unless I was constipated) 

• Thank you (+1) 2

My friend's dad worked for a beer distributor. He was always getting free beer so he had a huge stockpile. He never missed these beasts...

20180216_021238321_iOS.jpg

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Image result for goebel beer

Image result for genesee cream ale 16 ounce bottles

That fine French beer Joellebel! Drank lots of it. Drrank lots of the Champagne..Hamms was a staple..Generic from Bells occasionally.

And now about the Screamres. I  actually started drinking them again with a new found appreciation about 18 months ago..they are actually quite good. Wegmans has had the 15 pack of cans for $7.99 the last two years or so( same price as the twelve, you get 3 free Gennys is printed on the case somewhere LOL).

Anyway, was in Wegmans on Sunday, fancy ooking new package, new cans(made to look old/classic) and $9.99 for a twelve!!!!WTF???? Outrageous Pricing for a twelve LOL

I guess Cream Ale is making a comeback , and they are just capitalazing on it. Found this..

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2019/02/05/genesee-cream-ale-packaging-rochester-beer-gets-new-look-genesee-brewery-genny-beer/2772012002/

32 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Dogfish Head just came out with a low-calorie, low-ABV (4%) IPA that's pretty tasty and a good summer time beer.  May only be available in the mid-Atlantic though.

Check your local listings.

Its okay,, better than an Ultra I guess.

And @Cripple Creek, you are correct @BringBackFergy, he waited in line for two hours to buy beer...how dumb and gullible can ya get!

Edited by plenzmd1

21 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Miller Ponies 

miller-high-life-small-bottles-646.jpg

Never a Scream Ale (unless I was constipated) 

Those were so easy to sneak into the stadium back in the day.. when security was nearly invisible and old people worked the ticket gates.

30 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I have not forgotten!!!  You going to the BUF/NE game in Buffalo, by chance??

Probably not. I'm definitely going to Nashville, and then usually I like to do a home game in December because I'm crazy........

27 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That fine French beer Joellebel! Drank lots of it. Drrank lots of the Champagne..Hamms was a staple..Generic from Bells occasionally.

And now about the Screamres. I  actually started drinking them again with a new found appreciation about 18 months ago..they are actually quite good. Wegmans has had the 15 pack of cans for $7.99 the last two years or so( same price as the twelve, you get 3 free Gennys is printed on the case somewhere LOL).

Anyway, was in Wegmans on Sunday, fancy ooking new package, new cans(made to look old/classic) and $9.99 for a twelve!!!!WTF???? Outrageous Pricing for a twelve LOL

I guess Cream Ale is making a comeback , and they are just capitalazing on it. Found this..

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2019/02/05/genesee-cream-ale-packaging-rochester-beer-gets-new-look-genesee-brewery-genny-beer/2772012002/

Its okay,, better than an Ultra I guess.

And @Cripple Creek, you are correct @BringBackFergy, he waited in line for two hours to buy beer...how dumb and gullible can ya get!

I'll be sure to bring you and @Cripple Creek a few cold Genny's for the game this year.