Gregg Williams: “Culture Beats Strategy any day of the week”

Just now, MJS said:

Bounty gate culture?

I don't think I've ever heard of a human being so blindly full of himself. Does he have a reason why he keeps getting fired?

It’s one of the most ironic quotes from him that I’ve ever seen 

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Does he have a reason why he keeps getting fired?

My first thought was, "The main reason he keeps getting hired is because he keeps getting fired."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5

That was some culture he built in Buffalo from 2001-2003. I was particularly impressed with how that talented 2003 roster proceeded to finish 4-10 after a dominating 2-0 start. Maybe they just needed to hear a few more air horn blows to stay motivated? ***** you, Gregg Williams, you disgusting piece of *****.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Hmmm with a career head coaching record of 22-34,  Maybe strategy is at least the same importance as culture on Sunday? 

When your “strategy” involves playing your safeties 30 yards away from the LOS, pretty much anything beats that 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 4

50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s one of the most ironic quotes from him that I’ve ever seen 

Strategy: Punting from the opponent's 32 yard line on 4th and 2 when down 17-7  early in the second half vs. an offensive juggernaut. 

Culture: "We need to decide whether Crabtree wants to be a fake-ass prima donna or he wants to be a tough guy. We need to find that out. He becomes human when we (expletive) take out that outside ACL." Also: "Every single one of you, before you get off the pile, affect the head,. Early, affect the head. Continue, touch and hit the head."

Very, very tough choice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3