Roland Hooks and Super Joe!

8 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

I remember seeing the highlights on an 'Alcoa Fantastic Finishes' clip. They used to show them during Sunday games at the two minute warning before halftime. It was awesome.

Nice  keepsake but it's not for the Roland Hooks game winner in '81. You're 6 years too late.

Damn, I thought it was that one, your right.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

It's been so many years, I don't remember much of that game - except for those last two remarkable plays.  Those were unforgettable.  Hooks, already one of my favorite Bills, was a hero that day.  

Roland Hooks and Curtis Brown were awesome; both played for many years in the unsung hero role; both class and character acts - team players!

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Got the game tix, who else has it

4FD1ADE1-B515-4052-81ED-9E0C422A5C76.jpeg

Never left a game early. There was nobody there. We had a great view of the catch

always hated the way the sections were labeled back then. In the 70's and 80's, i almost always scalped..now how in the world was i supposed to know where Section I was? Seasons beginning in 86, upper deck, prolly section 335 now..have no clue what they were labeled back then.

Thank goodness they have made it easier..wonder when they changed over to numbers..i completely forget

24 minutes ago, vorpma said:

They played key roles and I met Roland Hooks back in the 1970's - a class act! 

I remember Hooks and of course Brown well. Brown was like(now that you reminded me) Roger Craig in an unassuming way. Hooks was good every time he touched the ball. Both excellent and unsung players.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I remember Hooks and of course Brown well. Brown was like(now that you reminded me) Roger Craig in an unassuming way. Hooks was good every time he touched the ball. Both excellent and unsung players.

I really miss those kind of players and of course, the Chuck Knox era. Thank you Rocket94 for remembering!

7 minutes ago, vorpma said:

I really miss those kind of players and of course, the Chuck Knox era. Thank you Rocket94 for remembering!

Thats right. It was old school like...I couldn't wait until 1:00 PM on Sunday. I remember Chuck Knox always saying: "Lets play Buffalo Bills football!" ha! I got it...his own brand!

Edited by Rocket94

On 6/13/2019 at 8:39 AM, Dave in Bluffton said:

I was at the game as well and we left because it started snowing and game seemed out of reach.  We heard the crowd roar and tried to turn around as we were walking to our car outside Rich, but too late.  It would have been my first live look at a "Hail Mary"  Fergy rightfully deserves praise for his abilities and that was a great demonstration of what he could do.  I think some of his heroics are overshadowed by blunders at critical times.  Not sure how I would rank him as Bills QB but probably 3rd after Kelly and Lamonica.

I liked Fergie alot. However, I remember his meltdown vs Dallas on MNF in 1981. He just seemed to mentally come unglued. 

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Thats right. It was old school like...I couldn't wait until 1:00 PM on Sunday. I remember Chuck Knox always saying: "Lets play Buffalo Bills football!" ha! I got it...his own brand!

Ground Chuck!

On 6/13/2019 at 11:01 AM, oldmanfan said:

I was there.  We went berserk.

I was there as a 10 year old with my dad and brother.  Next to the comeback game this might be #2 on my list of Bills games I attended.  In fact when I wanted to leave with Houston up 35-3 my dad reminded me of this game and convinced me to stay.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I was there as a 10 year old with my dad and brother.  Next to the comeback game this might be #2 on my list of Bills games I attended.  In fact when I wanted to leave with Houston up 35-3 my dad reminded me of this game and convinced me to stay.

Hey...we never know right! The Houston game seemed more unlikely...The Houston players thought it was a wrap at first!