Sign in to follow this  
HOUSE

Buffalo Bills have built a trio of athletic linebackers fit for modern football

10 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

I agree. We devote the majority of our time worrying about young quarterbacks, but the responsibility placed on a young MLB new to the league and position is immense in itself.

I'll be interested to see how Edmunds starts the year. Don't think the Bills can afford him to continue to struggle with teams racking up the rushing yards. 

It will be a good early test against Barkley and Bell.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'll be interested to see how Edmunds starts the year. Don't think the Bills can afford him to continue to struggle with teams racking up the rushing yards. 

It will be a good early test against Barkley and Bell.

Yes. It will be interesting to see. After being the focal point and getting pounded several times last year, it certainly has to be a learning experience for him. How he performs early on will help define his season. Edmunds knows what to expect now. We know he is young but it is time to step up. Who knows? McDermott may have to shift and make adjustments...this is all still new.

Edited by Rocket94

I think Joseph will be a welcome addition to the LB ing corp McBeane seem to be able to find guys like Millano in their draft picks & i think Joseph will be another one of those guys once he gets up to speed from anything i've heard about his play !! 

Building it the Bills way !! I love it GO BILLS !! 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Is that why the Patriots ran for over 300 yards against us in week 16?😅

i'd say ours wasn't run well, and we had one LB, just edmunds, dude from BC was out.

5 hours ago, T master said:

I think Joseph will be a welcome addition to the LB ing corp McBeane seem to be able to find guys like Millano in their draft picks & i think Joseph will be another one of those guys once he gets up to speed from anything i've heard about his play !! 

Building it the Bills way !! I love it GO BILLS !! 

Joseph could dominate if he puts it all together. Chris Simms went as far as rating him close to the two Devins.

On 6/17/2019 at 6:06 AM, PaattMaann said:

cool, im glad you liked what you saw from Milano. I too like what I see from him, but for anyone to call him the leader of this LB unit must mean that person smokes a lot of crack 

I think it's largely semantics. Last season, Milano was a BETTER linebacker than Tremaine Edmunds. While the "leader" of the defense is generally the guy calling the plays(MLB), there are plenty of examples of someone other than the MLB earning the designation of leader of the unit or even overall defense. Different people are going to have different opinions about what "leader" even means.

Edmunds has the potential to dominate, but I won't be surprised if he ends up at OLB or even edge if his run instincts don't improve dramatically. He was a 20 Y/0 MLB, so there is no reason to believe he can't. Still wouldn't be shocked if the coaching staff decides his skill set transitions better to edge.

Far too many times, he completely took the wrong angle and that leads to chunk plays a large percentage of the time when it's the MLB's misdiagnosis. He's got to cut down on that to stay at MLB. Again, 20 Y/O rookie so we shall see.