One Boston Team down....

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...couple of quick points....Drury wanted to re-sign but wifey nixed that, hating to live in Bfl versus the Big Apple......and how many Bills "wanted out" during "the drought"?....PLENTY of TBD threads of pity saying " NO FA wants to come to Bflo"....so the kid "wanted out"...nobody here has EVER shopped for a better job, right?.....ends up carrying "The Cup", gets the Conn Smythe and a ring.....so hate him?....go figure.....

He loved the city/wny...but he didn't feel that way about Jack.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, White Linen said:

ROR couldn't handle the responsibility of being a leader on a team that needed to grow.  It caused him to lose his love for the game at times during the season.  He was also insanely jealous of Eichel and didn't want to sit in the back seat.  

ROR is a petulant child that showed his true character in Buffalo.  He's soft and quits when the going gets tough.   He needed a place like St. Louis where his faults weren't needed. 

Yeah, that's a perfect way to describe the guy who just won the Conn Smythe Trophy and played the last 2 rounds with a cracked rib.  Soft quitter.

Any Sabres' fan who complains about ROR's comments is a hypocrite.  We're all sick of the damn losing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

He needed to leave? 

Why do people constantly think this? He doesn't have a choice in the matter. He's under contract. If he's not happy, tough *****.

It's not always about opinion at some point - I said he needed to leave and he in fact left.  

You have issue with taking facts and trying to build an understanding of why things happen and then opinions come from that.  Some fans think his last two interviews were the final straw and those are trade able words he used.   Some don't think so - fine there's the debate.  

I happen to agree that he needed, should, had to, possibly might need to go.  Others listen to what he said and appreciate his honesty and all kinds of other reasons.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CodeMonkey said:

Well, I guess if you call losing in the finals "one team down".  Where have the Sabres been since the final game of the regular season?

it's too painfully obvious how limited people's perspective is on reality around here, without you twisting the knife...

:D

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

I hope this broke Bostons good luck BS. The look on the Bruins and fans faces was priceless.

It was indeed.  I have Boston friends, and they’re charming people.  Really.  But the sense of entitlement and arrogance where pro sports is concerned is not to be believed.