One Boston Team down....

I gotta say, I love the Celtics...but I hate all the other Boston teams...nice to see the Bruins lose on their home ice.  That said, where has this popular narrative come up that "no team is more deserving of a championship" than the Blues?  Really?

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Yeah, but disregard the fact that RoR had to leave Buffalo to do it, though...

Plus he gets Finals MVP.   I can’t disparage him winning a title.  I just didn’t like his comments at the end of last season from a supposed team leader and I suspect management didn’t like them either.  He may have wanted to leave but he didn’t demand a trade.  He also had nothing to do with the poor return the Sabres ended up with.

• Like (+1) 1

Good for them. I just visited St. Louis on a business trip and thought the city was very ... average. But they clearly care about their teams. Congrats to the Blues!

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

So we dump Ryan O'Reilly and 8 months later he hoisting the cup.

How nice...

ROR couldn't handle the responsibility of being a leader on a team that needed to grow.  It caused him to lose his love for the game at times during the season.  He was also insanely jealous of Eichel and didn't want to sit in the back seat.  

ROR is a petulant child that showed his true character in Buffalo.  He's soft and quits when the going gets tough.   He needed a place like St. Louis where his faults weren't needed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

ROR pee'd on his teammates in Buffalo. He's a self serving crying urinator.

No, he's a Stanley Cup winning hero who was emancipated from the perennial shart show that is the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, White Linen said:

ROR couldn't handle the responsibility of being a leader on a team that needed to grow.  It caused him to lose his love for the game at times during the season.  He was also insanely jealous of Eichel and didn't want to sit in the back seat.  

ROR is a petulant child that showed his true character in Buffalo.  He's soft and quits when the going gets tough.   He needed a place like St. Louis where his faults weren't needed. 

ROR had 25 points in the post season. He had a 4 game goal streak in the finals (Last player since Gretzky to do that) and reports are now that he was playing since round 2 with a cracked rib. Oh yeah and he just won the Conn Smythe trophy. So I probably wouldn't agree with you that hes soft and quits when the going gets tough. 

I heard the Eichel interview on Chiclets and he straight up denied any friction with ROR and went on to talk about how tight they were. 

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/sabres/sabres-eichel-dismisses-rumors-of-friction-with-former-teammate-ryan-oreilly

Edited by Charlottebillsfan2
  • Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

One of my favorite players, David Perron, did a very nice job all through the playoffs... I’m glad he’s got his name on the cup, just wish it was with my Knights

What helped him get his name on the cup was the lecture from the coach, a few games into the series, about not taking dumb penalties.

3 hours ago, White Linen said:

Thank you doctor.  However, it sounds personal.

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD