Game 7 Poll: Bruins or Blues??

Gugny

Who Are You Rooting For in Stanley Cup Game 7?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What Side Are You On?

• Go Bruins!
    • PLAY GLORIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly.... neither. 

Any other year St. Louis would be a slam dunk for me to rot for.

They’re Underdogs. They made it to the Cup finals after being in dead last earlier in the season. They’ve never won a cup in their 52 year existence. They’re playing a Boston team. Then there’s the whole story with that Laila girl. 

But because of that damn ROR trade I just can’t bring myself to truly root for them to win it. 

Watching him play in STL this year just makes it so crystal clear that he quit on us last year. We were lucky if we got half this effort on many nights. Then he forces his way out at the end of the year with that press conference. And Botterill caves and gets an absolutely horrible return... 

If we had this ROR, Botterill would have never even thought of trading him. 

The Sabres treated him damn good, too. He got the biggest contract in Sabres history (at the time it was signed), and it was paid almost 100% in signing bonuses. Even most super star players don’t get contracts structured that well. And they gave his brother Cal a $1.4M one way NHL contract (and he’s a career AHLer). It was about double as much as he’d ever got before (usually he got 1 year AHL deals). 

Ive heard people saying “well he was just being honest. He didn’t force his way out”. 

Well I say BS to that. When have you ever heard another hockey player say stuff like that to the press? There’s a reason those comments are still being talked about by the media 1 year later. If he Really wanted to be here, he would have said that stuff behind closed doors to his teammates and coach/GM. He knew exactly what he was doing making those comments. If you want s trade, be a man and ask for one. Don’t force your way out and tank your trade value with comments like that to the media. 

But I can’t bring myself to root for Boston either. 

This is the least interested I think I’ve ever been in a game 7 Cup final and it pisses me off. I always look forward to any game 7. Especially in the Cup finals. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Gotta admit I was happy watching the blues get up 4-0 in Boston and the fans all leaving, I was in a good mood, then they announced the conn smythe winner, and it killed that mood, said a few curse words and turned the tv off.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

Here are the Pats fans who rooted for the losers ...

image.thumb.png.c55c969754453e73cce01581fcf7addf.png

Oh ... and @JohnC !!!!!

You are technically incorrect. Because of your bossiness I refused to vote in your low participation poll that has a margin of error of 97%. I will not allow you to further sully my well earned disreputable reputation. Now I have a better understanding why the people you supervise at work smile with no genuineness in meetings but  trash you  behind your back. :ph34r:

36 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You are technically incorrect. Because of your bossiness I refused to vote in your low participation poll that has a margin of error of 97%. I will not allow you to further sully my well earned disreputable reputation. Now I have a better understanding why the people you supervise at work smile with no genuineness in meetings but  trash you  behind your back. :ph34r:

You're wrong.  They don't even pretend to like me!!

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Don't kid yourself. They hate you more than you can ever imagine. 

Do you subscribe to the tyrannical leadership school of management?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=angry+chef&view=detail&mid=8A8799F49FDBC6EB67338A8799F49FDBC6EB6733&FORM=VIRE

You know who loves me at work?  Those with great attendance and great work ethics.  You know who hates me?  Lazy mother *****.  And they hate me because I see through them like cellophane and call them out.  Most quit before I have to fire them.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

You know who loves me at work?  Those with great attendance and great work ethics.  You know who hates me?  Lazy mother *****.  And they hate me because I see through them like cellophane and call them out.  Most quit before I have to fire them.

Hard but fair is alright by me. ?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Hard but fair is alright by me. ?

I think we just made up.

Don't ask me for make-up sex.  Well, not in this thread, anyway.