Fairburn: John Brown appears to be heading into TC as Bills’ top wideout

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I'm going by what Atlanta is probably thinking.

If they were smart, they would be thinking "time to deal our best player for picks while he is still valuable to other teams, because we are going nowhere with him and the rest of the roster".

Unless they dump that clown HC....

Edited by Mr. WEO

17 hours ago, Doc said:

It's possible Ryan could play another 5-6 years.  No one can know that at present.  But what we do know is that Ryan's passing stats took a huge leap with the addition of Julio in 2011, Ryan's 4th year in the league.  And they probably think they have a shot at the SB again.

That combo has produced 2 winning seasons in the last 6--and they are not trending up.

The SB appearance was the biggest fluke in NFL history.

Edited by Mr. WEO

On 8/14/2019 at 5:30 PM, ScottLaw said:

Could've sworn OBJ and Antonio Brown were traded this past offseason. 

Yes I know. They don't fit the "culture" but man, one of them them would take this WR corps from below average to pretty damn good.

and how are the both doing right now ?

neither can practice due to HEALTH issues.

23 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Guys a pain in the ass. As is OBJ. Still both are GREAT recievers. The Bills could use one even at the cost at putting up with their antics. 

Why wouldn't OBJ play?

he has a "thing"

Coach is holding him out from practice.

gee , he might have been out of shape and pulled a genuflector or something

At least he did not circumcise his toes i suppose

21 hours ago, NoSaint said:

If he can repeat his “down year” from last year the raiders would be thrilled to have the headache.

and I’ll push back lightly on the idea that no #1s were available. I’d venture at the right price not just OBJ and AB but Julio and Green probably could’ve been a discussion. I’m sure pursuing the league I might find 1-2 more candidates. 

Why is not Brown considered in the discussion for #1 ?

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

and how are the both doing right now ?

neither can practice due to HEALTH issues.

he has a "thing"

Coach is holding him out from practice.

gee , he might have been out of shape and pulled a genuflector or something

At least he did not circumcise his toes i suppose

Why is not Brown considered in the discussion for #1 ?

I think he’d be in the discussion like Stevie was. The offense can be functional with him doing his role but he’s not a guy that keeps a DC up Saturday night like about 15 others might.

its not that he’s a bad receiver, just that he’s below average in that slot, so you want to make sure you at least stack an extra deep group to ensure mismatches. If Beasley is great and Allen gets in a rhythm with him and zay reaches his potential and foster takes the top off it’s a good 4 but I’m guessing it just ends up fine. Not a strength not a weakness. In a passing league it’s nice to have it be a strength though. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/12/2019 at 4:18 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

when all the dust settles,  Brown and Beasley will be your top 2 wrs. While Foster and Jones get the remaining targets.

Agreed. Lots of RB and TE catches as well. We are built for a group push and not a “triplets” HOF threat.

22 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I think he’d be in the discussion like Stevie was. The offense can be functional with him doing his role but he’s not a guy that keeps a DC up Saturday night like about 15 others might.

its not that he’s a bad receiver, just that he’s below average in that slot, so you want to make sure you at least stack an extra deep group to ensure mismatches. If Beasley is great and Allen gets in a rhythm with him and zay reaches his potential and foster takes the top off it’s a good 4 but I’m guessing it just ends up fine. Not a strength not a weakness. In a passing league it’s nice to have it be a strength though. 

The reason i mentioned it , was that , so far he has been described as running all the routes and getting separations etc.

I thought he was just an outside speed guy. But it sounds like he might be more complete than he was used previously ?
But yes

the sum of the parts and a decent OC, and a young QB learning to find the mismatches.

should be fun !