Fairburn: John Brown appears to be heading into TC as Bills’ top wideout

On 7/29/2019 at 6:41 PM, JaCrispy said:

Well, will just have to wait and see...we have other playmakers, so it doesn’t have to be all about him too.

To be fair, he had under 30 yards in 3 of his last 4 with Flacco. The stats trailing off might not be solely Flacco getting hurt but also in part him being a streaky player that had a really good September 

We definitely have some wildcards in the group but  I’ll echo the sentiment that unless a few guys play better than they previously have or put 16 games together at their peak levels... it’s still a weak point but at least nfl caliber this year even if not great.

i do hope foster plays like he did down the stretch, brown does like he did out of the gate and Allen shows he can turn a weakness into a strength with Beasley... but it’s a lot to expect all of those to hit. Could happen though 

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

My thoughts exactly.

I think they can get by with this group but it would've been nice if they added a legit #1 or drafted a guy(even in a weak class) to go along with the additions they brought in.

They've clearly done a bad job wrt the WR corps to this point.

Impossible for them to have added a #1... 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

My thoughts exactly.

I think they can get by with this group but it would've been nice if they added a legit #1 or drafted a guy(even in a weak class) to go along with the additions they brought in.

They've clearly done a bad job wrt the WR corps to this point.

Next year's draft is supposed to be very top heavy with legit WR's

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Could've sworn OBJ and Antonio Brown were traded this past offseason. 

Yes I know. They don't fit the "culture" but man, one of them them would take this WR corps from below average to pretty damn good.

Nothing to do with culture... The statement stands for the Bills. You should already know why AB wouldn't have come here.

I should have known it was Scottlaw saying this.

Edited by Boca BIlls

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Could've sworn OBJ and Antonio Brown were traded this past offseason. 

Yes I know. They don't fit the "culture" but man, one of them them would take this WR corps from below average to pretty damn good.

Gosh, I sure do wish we would have gone all in on Antonio Brown. It would be GREAT to have him right now. :/ 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RochesterLifer said:

Gosh, I sure do wish we would have gone all in on Antonio Brown. It would be GREAT to have him right now. ? 

If he can repeat his “down year” from last year the raiders would be thrilled to have the headache.

and I’ll push back lightly on the idea that no #1s were available. I’d venture at the right price not just OBJ and AB but Julio and Green probably could’ve been a discussion. I’m sure pursuing the league I might find 1-2 more candidates. 

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If he can repeat his “down year” from last year the raiders would be thrilled to have the headache.

and I’ll push back lightly on the idea that no #1s were available. I’d venture at the right price not just OBJ and AB but Julio and Green probably could’ve been a discussion. I’m sure pursuing the league I might find 1-2 more candidates. 

AJ Green is damaged goods at this point.  And I don't think Atlanta wanted to trade Julio.

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They should while he's valuable for trade.  he has no real value on a team going nowhere like ATL.

Probably but they figure they only have so much time left with Ryan.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Probably but they figure they only have so much time left with Ryan.

Matt Ryan will be in the league several years after Julio is done most likely. 

If someone offered value for Julio they’d jump on it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Matt Ryan will be in the league several years after Julio is done most likely. 

If someone offered value for Julio they’d jump on it. 

I'd say they each have another 3 good seasons left in them.  That would put Ryan at 37 and Jones at 33.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'd say they each have another 3 good seasons left in them.  That would put Ryan at 37 and Jones at 33.

Hes in a dome, in the nfc south, plays a relatively safe style... I think if he wants to play, he could likely be a 39-40 year old type barring major injury. He’s not having to get zip on a ball in Chicago wind or getting up in 20 degree weather after a big hit.

i don’t see him getting out younger than Ben, rivers, Eli, heck even drew at 39 had a major shoulder injury and is still rolling in a similar situation. I’ll leave Brady as an outlier 

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Hes in a dome, in the nfc south, plays a relatively safe style... I think if he wants to play, he could likely be a 39-40 year old type barring major injury. He’s not having to get zip on a ball in Chicago wind or getting up in 20 degree weather after a big hit.

i don’t see him getting out younger than Ben, rivers, Eli, heck even drew at 39 had a major shoulder injury and is still rolling in a similar situation. I’ll leave Brady as an outlier 

It's possible Ryan could play another 5-6 years.  No one can know that at present.  But what we do know is that Ryan's passing stats took a huge leap with the addition of Julio in 2011, Ryan's 4th year in the league.  And they probably think they have a shot at the SB again.