Fairburn: John Brown appears to be heading into TC as Bills’ top wideout

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Zay, Beasley and Foster all missing time may contribute to this. But good to see the chemistry developing with Smoky and Allen. 

I think the intention always has to be brown number 1, but not likely a commanding one

16 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...good call bud...I remember the same....some TBD posters disagreed, favoring a #1.........another interesting quote regarding WR's was Mc Beane saying (paraphrased), "the signing of Duke Williams made drafting a WR early not a top priority".......and some TBD pundits already have labeled him as "camp fodder.....won't even make the roster...".......gonna be interesting.....stay tuned.....

I think Duke Williams is more than fodder, I think they are hoping he can be the big target player that KB was supposed to be. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I share this concern. He does have an injury history.

It's no shock that Brown will more likely be the #1 WR, he & Beasley have the most NFL experience on the team.

So who will be the #2 WR? Foster?

All of the speed receivers have injury concerns.  Hard for them to put up a full season, but if they can do it, the numbers will follow.  Goodwin did it (not for us), and Brown had a big year himself a few years ago.

On 6/12/2019 at 5:25 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

He was diagnosed with sickle cell, was slowed down while dealing with lingering hamstring injuries in 2016, had injury filled 2017, and has had a concussion too.  

I like Brown signing a lot, but while he stayed healthy last year, his two previous years weren’t so lucky.  So like I said, my main concern is him staying healthy.  Not claiming he is frail or anything, just that he dealt with injuries in the past.

Injuries are always a concern, but I have a real good feeling about a Josh Allen, John Brown connection. 

• 1 month later...

3 days in, this appears to have been accurate

Josh Allen to John Brown is working

Josh Allen found new receiver John Brown several times early in camp, but the connection was strengthened Saturday. Allen hit Brown on two long balls, one along the left sideline and then on a seam route toward the center of the field.

Brown has elevated himself to No. 1 receiver status with his play early on in camp, even without an official depth chart put out by the team. He’s taking the majority of first-team reps with Robert Foster sprinkled in as his primary backup.

On Saturday, Allen’s arm couldn’t out-throw Brown, who continued to push it down field. Brown nearly hauled in a highlight catch on another deep ball on the right sideline, but it came loose as he was tumbling to the ground. Still, it was a perfectly placed ball from Allen.

Last year with the Ravens, Brown, 29, had 42 receptions for 715 yards. His longest reception was 71 yards. In 2017 he was with the Cardinals and caught 21 passes for 299 yards.

32 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

A 29 year old WR with one 1000 yard, 7TD season and a long injury history is our top wideout. Sweet.

What is his Long injury history? His 5 seasons:

16 games 

15 games 

15 games 

10 games 

16 games 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

This is no place for facts 

53 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Wow. Haters are really getting shot down by some big name posters these days... I love it.

giphy.gif

48 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Boom boom out go the lights

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

What is his Long injury history? His 5 seasons:

16 games 

15 games 

15 games 

10 games 

16 games 

He has dealt with hamstring issues every year except last year that has affected his productivity in each season. He may suit up for games an average amount, but expect him to be banged up and not produce. In addition he had a pretty bad concussion a few years back and he has sickle-cell anemia.But yea, #Roasted

Evidence for his ailments for those that didn't follow it when it was happening:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowJo02.htm

After breaking out his sophomore year starting 11 games and breaking 1000 yards with 7 TDs, his next two seasons with the cardinals:

6 GS 517 yrds 2 TDs
5 GS 299 yrds 3 TDs

That's a big reason he only got a 1 year deal from BAL. If you're expecting much more than 650 yards and 5 TDs from him, you're expecting him to be something he's not, in my opinion.

Edited by BullBuchanan