Former girlfriend ever look you up?

47 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

When I was in college this girl & I used to bang fairly frequently for a yr or two. We hung out some but not bf & gf. We never met each other’s parents or family.

About 25 yrs ago I was going to a conference in Boston and I don’t recall how we connected but she was living in Boston. She stopped by my hotel and we got nasty. I had not communicated with her since college & we have not communicated since Boston.

In the meantime, I got married and have two grown boys.

Yesterday, out of the blue, this woman messages me through LinkedIn. She provides a quick synopsis of where she is living and mentioned to let her know if I am in the area. She appears to be still nice looking and has never married. 

But I am very happy with my wife so will have to let this fade away. I decided to contribute since this topic posted about the same time as I received the LinkedIn message.

Yep, best to let this one keep going down the road.  The woman who I think was the mystery caller was in the same curriculum as was I in college.  We had a pretty good rapport but never got romantic or physical.  At the time I thought she might have been the one in terms of being a general life partner but she would always pull away when I implied I would like to be more than friends.  Oddly enough I could have had her friend but the friend's life was in great disorder and I did not want to spend several years with that woman to find she wanted to move on.

was pretty surprised when I opened a facebook message a couple years ago and it was from a girl I dated over 30 years ago. she and I came close to getting married but I just wasn't ready to settle down at that time. 

I must of still had a small place in her heart to look me up and message me asking how I was and sharing some old memories as well as how she had raised two kids and had a good life.

thought that was pretty cool.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

That seems to be when ***** generally hits the fan when kids are involved. I'm with you. 2 months seems quick. I wish you the best.......On a side note, does anyone remember the guy from BBMB who said he went to jail because he beat up his ex's boyfriend for putting his son in a Patriots jersey or hat or something to that effect?

I don’t remember anything but that is hilarious 

I have one that sends a message every year. She’s married with kids and always complains about her marriage. Usually turns into more than sending messages then after a few months we get sick of each others bull and one of us disappears. Then summer comes around (the other day actually) and she’s back. Her family and husband know, it’s kinda weird. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

At my last school reunion I had a woman I was friendly with in high school come up and hold/kiss me out of blue saying so glad you came.  It was not that type of relationship in high school; I sent her flowers anonymously on a day when school was selling them as part of fund raising and she told me she guessed it was me but I never confirmed it.  I was getting drink for my wife at the time and I told her I had been married now for 15 years as I moved towards my table.  She let go and she then said hello to my wife and told her she got lucky and got the guy every girl wanted in high school.   My wife looked at me strangely and I think my classmate was teasing since I never had a girl friend in high school.

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

At my last school reunion I had a woman I was friendly with in high school come up and hold/kiss me out of blue saying so glad you came.  It was not that type of relationship in high school; I sent her flowers anonymously on a day when school was selling them as part of fund raising and she told me she guessed it was me but I never confirmed it.  I was getting drink for my wife at the time and I told her I had been married now for 15 years as I moved towards my table.  She let go and she then said hello to my wife and told her she got lucky and got the guy every girl wanted in high school.   My wife looked at me strangely and I think my classmate was teasing since I never had a girl friend in high school.

At maybe a 20 year college reunion I was with my wife at the old college bar. We got to the top of the stairs.... and there was an old GF. I never did a lot of “quick relationships”, so this is someone I was with a while. She told my wife what a huge crush she had on me in college. It was a little awkward, but really not bad at all. It was just a couple years later I learned she had died.  I never brought it up with my wife, but it created a bit of weirdness in my mind. I know more people my kids age who have died than people my age. Yeah, sad....

Who hasn’t googled the old girl friends? Sometimes I get a bit, but often nothing. I’ve certainly never reached out to any. THIS is my life now. I appreciate and respect the past, but it is the past. 

I met my wife through a pen pal magazine although I'd joke I picked her out of a catalog (it does look a bit like a catalog).

She knew I had other pen pals in Asia and encouraged me to continue my traveling after I met her but I told her I knew what I wanted.

A few weeks ago my wife found an envelope with some old letters between me and my pen pals. 

She collects stamps so she tore off stamp and gave me envelope although I think she looked at contents.

I honestly forgot about the old letters and surprised they survived two moves including one my wife did alone while I was on travel.

One of the women was Ms. Malaysia although she was not Ms. Malaysia when I was writing to her but 5 years older.

When I given the old letters I did look her up on internet but found nothing beyond old pageant photos.

What a friggin weird first sentence to your post...

Ex? Nah. But... ahem... girls I haven't dated but have otherwise... well... occupied... yeah, there have been a few.

I have a couple things going for me, though:

1) I'm not on social media... no FB, IG, SC, etc.

2) I live in the most isolated population center in the world.

12 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I had an ex, shes now married with children as am I, message me on fb out of the blue a few months back. I thought she was just being friendly but then she started bringing up about the times we used to hook up and how it still brings a smile to her face and helped her through tough times. 

This is why I think social media is stupid.

I don't even think your ex wanted you, she just wanted validation.

Happened to me once with a girl I kinda dated in college. She randomly texts me a few years outta college asking if I still thought she was gorgeous. My then girlfriend, now wife had my phone at the time and saw that text. I no longer even have Sara Smith's (swear to God that was her actual name) number.

And don't care.

Had a girlfriend that I hadn't spoken to in about 2 years. A few days before my stroke, I went to a picnic  that had mutual friends at it (she wasn't there).  After I went home, I learned (after my stroke) that the mutual friends were saying that I was  sick and needed to see a doctor.  The friends called her and had her call me up. She talked to me for several hours and convinced me to go to the hospital.  I did the next day,  was admitted, and  had a stroke the day after that.    Since I had no relatives in California, I moved back to WNY, She did see me in the hospitall, and since (5 years next month) we converse about once a week on the phone.

• Awesome! (+1) 1