Former girlfriend ever look you up?

I had an ex, shes now married with children as am I, message me on fb out of the blue a few months back. I thought she was just being friendly but then she started bringing up about the times we used to hook up and how it still brings a smile to her face and helped her through tough times. 

8 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

That seems to be when ***** generally hits the fan when kids are involved. I'm with you. 2 months seems quick. I wish you the best.......On a side note, does anyone remember the guy from BBMB who said he went to jail because he beat up his ex's boyfriend for putting his son in a Patriots jersey or hat or something to that effect?

oh ***** yeah i remember him.  byrdman (with a number attached).  no *****...he pm'ed me his phone number so we could keep in touch.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

That seems to be when ***** generally hits the fan when kids are involved. I'm with you. 2 months seems quick. I wish you the best.......On a side note, does anyone remember the guy from BBMB who said he went to jail because he beat up his ex's boyfriend for putting his son in a Patriots jersey or hat or something to that effect?

Yea And I would do it again

ive been needing 3 hots and a cot 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Since we are talking about spanking and breakups we might as well talk about this.  I have had this happen on a couple of occasions and another where the woman made firm contact but no ID.  Where I did talk to them knowing who they were it was pleasant and non-intrusive.  The other where no trouble had been made has not left enough clues to help me identify her.  Don't know what is going on there.  I had one message years ago when we still had a land line but no ID and call ID blocked.  Voices change over the years so I could not figure out who it was.  I don't think it was simple playing games but a woman trying to work up the nerve to talk to me.  "Hi Rob, you probably don't remember me but we knew each other in college.................."  But at the end of it all she never says who she is or leaves a way to figure it out.

If you ever talk to her just be honest and be like, I'm sorry but who are you again? Or say that you're not Rob and you need to hand call to him and ask who she is etc. 

9 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Been through this, and am currently watching it happen to a friend of mine also. BOOOOOOOO! 

That's BS, Royale........my ex waited for a full year before the introduction. You can't just introduce kids to your latest fling. Hard opinion.

Yeah even my scummy ex waited two years. That seems a bit seedy.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

If you ever talk to her just be honest and be like, I'm sorry but who are you again? Or say that you're not Rob and you need to hand call to him and ask who she is etc. 

I've tried asking the one time it was live and not a message.  The call might have lasted 15 seconds with it all being her speaking then hanging up.  Maybe I will catch her if there is a next time with a traceable number.  We'll see.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The guy just got divorced a few months ago and has 4 damn kids.  WTF is she thinking?

she's not.  she's just reacting.  she wants the attention of a guy, (as mentioned earlier), this guy is in front of her, and here we are.

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not exactly a girlfriend, but a female friend who pops up then vanishes, then pops up a few years later. 

That's kind of like the one I eluded to in the other thread. I think of her as my passing ship as when we first met we were both in other relationships so we were platonic, then after we became available we remained friendly in part I didn't have the guts to ask her out as didn't want to lose her friendship. I finally admitted to my feelings a few years ago so we became more than friends yet it didn't lead to a relationship but we're still friendly yet the communication not as strong as it was before because I'm in a healthy relationship.  

When I signed up for Facebook, I made a personal rule never to friend one of my students, bosses, or ex-girlfriends. About nine years ago I got a friend request from someone I had a serious relationship with 30 years before. (She's the one I mentioned in the ""Worst Breakup" thread.) Her last name was different and I didn't look closely at the picture, so I just deleted the request, not realizing who it was. About two weeks later, she sent another, along with a message saying "Long time no see, how ya doing, etc." That's when I realized who it was. I didn't respond - I just deleted the request and message. I did check out her public profile, though, and found that she's divorced, has a kid, and still has the same core values that ultimately led to our relationship going sour.

We broke up on bad terms, but I don't hold a grudge. In retrospect, I suppose I should have at least responded to her message without accepting the friend request. Then I could have made Jauronimo happy by telling her about my successful marriage and career.

30 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I had an ex, shes now married with children as am I, message me on fb out of the blue a few months back. I thought she was just being friendly but then she started bringing up about the times we used to hook up and how it still brings a smile to her face and helped her through tough times. 

So is it as good now as it was back then?

2 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

So is it as good now as it was back then?

LOL was tempting but I think I said something along the lines of like yeah those were fun times, and then kinda ended the conversation. 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The divorce was amicable but since then....we're only on email terms now.  No more phone calls.

She's been dating a guy for a little over 2 months and last night introduced my son to him.  I told her it's way to soon for something like this but of course, she only does what she wants.  2 months....  I don't believe my 4 year old son needs to be introduced to another man 2 months into the relationship when our divorce only happened 8 months ago.

‘Only’?  8 months is a long time.

Also, a four year old has no concept what type of ‘friend’ he is;  I wouldn’t create an issue over it.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

‘Only’?  8 months is a long time.

Also, a four year old has no concept what type of ‘friend’ he is;  I wouldn’t create an issue over it.

I guess time is a subjective term.  

I think it’s short but can understand some thinking it’s not.

Im currently dating someone who waited 2 years before she started dating again.  I’m nowhere close to having my son discussion with her.

I just don’t trust my ex KD.  I don’t think she’s a bad person but she is emotional (very) and it causes issues.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The guy just got divorced a few months ago and has 4 damn kids.  WTF is she thinking?

He has 4 kids and a crotch rocket? Sounds like a loser to me.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

When I was in college this girl & I used to bang fairly frequently for a yr or two. We hung out some but not bf & gf. We never met each other’s parents or family.

About 25 yrs ago I was going to a conference in Boston and I don’t recall how we connected but she was living in Boston. She stopped by my hotel and we got nasty. I had not communicated with her since college & we have not communicated since Boston.

In the meantime, I got married and have two grown boys.

Yesterday, out of the blue, this woman messages me through LinkedIn. She provides a quick synopsis of where she is living and mentioned to let her know if I am in the area. She appears to be still nice looking and has never married. 

But I am very happy with my wife so will have to let this fade away. I decided to contribute since this topic posted about the same time as I received the LinkedIn message.

34 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

When I was in college this girl & I used to bang fairly frequently for a yr or two. We hung out some but not bf & gf. We never met each other’s parents or family.

About 25 yrs ago I was going to a conference in Boston and I don’t recall how we connected but she was living in Boston. She stopped by my hotel and we got nasty. I had not communicated with her since college & we have not communicated since Boston.

In the meantime, I got married and have two grown boys.

Yesterday, out of the blue, this woman messages me through LinkedIn. She provides a quick synopsis of where she is living and mentioned to let her know if I am in the area. She appears to be still nice looking and has never married. 

But I am very happy with my wife so will have to let this fade away. I decided to contribute since this topic posted about the same time as I received the LinkedIn message.

Correlation does not imply causation.

Unless you’re in....

The Twilight Zone

• Haha (+1) 1