Former girlfriend ever look you up?

Since we are talking about spanking and breakups we might as well talk about this.  I have had this happen on a couple of occasions and another where the woman made firm contact but no ID.  Where I did talk to them knowing who they were it was pleasant and non-intrusive.  The other where no trouble had been made has not left enough clues to help me identify her.  Don't know what is going on there.  I had one message years ago when we still had a land line but no ID and call ID blocked.  Voices change over the years so I could not figure out who it was.  I don't think it was simple playing games but a woman trying to work up the nerve to talk to me.  "Hi Rob, you probably don't remember me but we knew each other in college.................."  But at the end of it all she never says who she is or leaves a way to figure it out.

yes, a couple years ago. She actually got in touch with a family member and got my number. She and her bf at the time had just split, so think she was just looking for a quick rebound or just wanted to get plowed by someone she was familiar with. I'm not sure, in any event I did the right thing and told her I was married still and could not partake in the laughing and talking of memories past that eventually will lead to some pipe laying.

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

yes, a couple years ago. She actually got in touch with a family member and got my number. She and her bf at the time had just split, so think she was just looking for a quick rebound or just wanted to get plowed by someone she was familiar with. I'm not sure, in any event I did the right thing and told her I was married still and could not partake in the laughing and talking of memories past that eventually will lead to some pipe laying.

Yeah, one time a woman called my parents house and I suspect it was because while I was at college that was my mailing address included in the yearbook directory.  I'm thinking the call ID blocked woman might be the same person and I think she got my number because she worked for a company I did business with.  I have a firm idea where she lives but have not worked up the nerve to stop by just in case my theory is wrong.

Back in the early 90s I had a bad breakup with a girl.  Drove out to Tucson to live with my sister.  I was there two weeks.  Phone rang one night and it was my ex.  Still have no idea how she tracked me down clear across the country, but she did.

A week later, I was back in NY and back together with the ex.  Horrible, toxic relationship that ended with a broken engagement (thank God).

She friended me on Facebook about a month ago, but we never "speak."

Routinely.  Certainly a female phenomenon, usually from women who have a low opinion of men generally.  

Attention is the most valuable commodity in the female ecosystem.  Absolutely nothing comes close to the value and the feeling of attention.  

Keep in mind it has absolutely nothing to do with you as a person.  You are no more or no less attractive when you knew the person. 

It's merely an attempt to cheaply capture that quick dopamine hit.    When a woman is dumped or ends a relationship, nothing satiates the desire of self worth like getting fresh attention.  The "hey what's up? LOL" email is simply the cheap, lazily placed bear trap in the woods for the investment of your time.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Routinely.  Certainly a female phenomenon, usually from women who have a low opinion of men generally.  

Attention is the most valuable commodity in the female ecosystem.  Absolutely nothing comes close to the value and the feeling of attention.  

Keep in mind it has absolutely nothing to do with you as a person.  You are no more or no less attractive when you knew the person. 

It's merely an attempt to cheaply capture that quick dopamine hit.    When a woman is dumped or ends a relationship, nothing satiates the desire of self worth like getting fresh attention.  The "hey what's up? LOL" email is simply the cheap, lazily placed bear trap in the woods for the investment of your time.  

I never looked at it from the viewpoint of women having a low opinion of men in general.  Nonetheless, this has a feeling of longing for a union.  Can't happen because I am not making a change in life in terms of marriage.  

49 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah in college.

Now I'm in a situation where I hope my ex would just disappear from the Earth and never contact me again.

I remember the thread you started and how at the time, it was amicable. I'm sorry to hear that it has changed for the worse.

2 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

I remember the thread you started and how at the time, it was amicable. I'm sorry to hear that it has changed for the worse.

The divorce was amicable but since then....we're only on email terms now.  No more phone calls.

She's been dating a guy for a little over 2 months and last night introduced my son to him.  I told her it's way to soon for something like this but of course, she only does what she wants.  2 months....  I don't believe my 4 year old son needs to be introduced to another man 2 months into the relationship when our divorce only happened 8 months ago.

33 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I do recall being exposed to users back in the day who simply had a very high opinion of themselves.  I would say that it is safe to say the mystery woman is not one of them.  

most are still in this area, and i see them from time to time while out.  always pleasant.  one and her family are my patients, so i see them a couple of times a year.  ask how the family is doing, etc.  in fact, the only ex i wouldn't want to deal with is the c-bag i mentioned in the other thread.

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The divorce was amicable but since then....we're only on email terms now.  No more phone calls.

She's been dating a guy for a little over 2 months and last night introduced my son to him.  I told her it's way to soon for something like this but of course, she only does what she wants.  2 months....  I don't believe my 4 year old son needs to be introduced to another man 2 months into the relationship when our divorce only happened 8 months ago.

That's rough. My aunt did that to her kids with every new guy she dated. They'd have a new father every few months. It was not good for them and she wonders why they turned out so bad. It didn't help that their actual father was an absentee either.

Best of luck.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

i don't even like the sound of this.

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I’m sorry to hear that man and I agree. Your son doesn’t need that

prayers for you and your son ?

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That seems to be when ***** generally hits the fan when kids are involved. I'm with you. 2 months seems quick. I wish you the best.......On a side note, does anyone remember the guy from BBMB who said he went to jail because he beat up his ex's boyfriend for putting his son in a Patriots jersey or hat or something to that effect?

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, dpberr said:

The "hey what's up? LOL" email is simply the cheap, lazily placed bear trap in the woods for the investment of your time.  

Been through this, and am currently watching it happen to a friend of mine also. BOOOOOOOO! 

23 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That's BS, Royale........my ex waited for a full year before the introduction. You can't just introduce kids to your latest fling. Hard opinion.

• Like (+1) 1