Ravens Pull DT Pierce from Mini Camp for Showing Up Out of Shape

wow i am only surprised since this is his year to shine and then make big money. i want nothing to do with him next year already since he can not even hide it for that big payday, once he has it he most likely will eat himself out of league.

52 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I saw this yesterday and almost posted it because I hadn't seen this type of thing before. I guess it probably happens, but not with starter level guys. 

I think it happened with Haynesworth when he was with the Skins but other than that idt ive seen it either with starters

38 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

I think it happened with Haynesworth when he was with the Skins but other than that idt ive seen it either with starters

Yeah - was it shanahan there?  I felt like he was making an example since he skipped all the offseason program.  Then post lockout he split time with the skins and NE... and disappeared.

This cooley comment pretty much sums it up:

“NO QUESTION, the Haynesworth contract (was worse),” Cooley said, via the Washington Post. “Because he was TRYING to get released by the team. His goal was to come here, make a large signing bonus, and then get released and not have to do any of the work. He didn’t care about the back end of that contract, he didn’t care about making all of that money. His idea was, you paid me for what I did in the past, and my goal is to be released as soon as possible and basically take $33 million from you for absolutely nothing.”

1 hour ago, CDogg20 said:

Haynesworth did it right after he got paid.  Pierce didn’t do this in the right order.

• Haha (+1) 4

I believe he ended the season with an injury, right? 

Not ideal, but stuff like that, especially heading into an offseason, can sometimes be larger setbacks for big dudes. He’s got a good bit of time to get in shape and knows the system, which works in his favor. 

Or he could be a lazy schmuck that celebrated getting his $3m too hard

Edited by NoSaint

I don't know how a professional athlete cannot show up in shape.  There is always a younger, cheaper player hungry for your job.  I would stay hungrier.  You only have so many years to play in the NFL.  I would want to make that last as long as possible.  

7 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

You have one ***** job!!! I hate people like this, they are useless to society, you are getting paid to play football... Teams GIVE you everything you need to stay in shape.

And what type of people is that exactly? You hate Jim Kelly? By all accounts he was out partying the night before the Giants super bowl.

You don't know this person yet you say hate him...

And useless to society?! He is playing a game for you to watch. We'll probably run into each other at Packy's, but you sound a bit entitled. The guy can make a choice if he wants to play football or not. The team can cut him and fine him based on the terms of his contract.

My wife ran was getting bloodwork last week out in I think Plantation, and there was a huge wait. She was sitting next to an older dude who started talking to her, because he could not keep from getting extremely angry if he has to wait in lines. He was a former nfl player who played 12 years in the league and was getting bloodwork to rule out other things, but drs suspect CTE...he's in his early 50s, if that.

That is a dark lonely path he and his family are likely about to go down. The majority of current players are probably making about what he made per year in the 90s (guessing the current league min is around what he made as a high level player). Relax a second about how he is ruining your couch time. You don't know what's going on in his life, you don't know where his life goals are...maybe it's not to get spit out physically broken with a timer counting down to where he can't wait half an hour without getting outwardly angry.

8 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

You have one ***** job!!! I hate people like this, they are useless to society, you are getting paid to play football... Teams GIVE you everything you need to stay in shape.

It’s ok calm down  

10 hours ago, dneveu said:

Yeah - was it shanahan there?  I felt like he was making an example since he skipped all the offseason program.  Then post lockout he split time with the skins and NE... and disappeared.

This cooley comment pretty much sums it up:

“NO QUESTION, the Haynesworth contract (was worse),” Cooley said, via the Washington Post. “Because he was TRYING to get released by the team. His goal was to come here, make a large signing bonus, and then get released and not have to do any of the work. He didn’t care about the back end of that contract, he didn’t care about making all of that money. His idea was, you paid me for what I did in the past, and my goal is to be released as soon as possible and basically take $33 million from you for absolutely nothing.”

I think it was Shannahan at the time.

Wow i’ve never seen that quote before, he must have just been an awful teammate for one of his ex teammates to say that