Would Bills Fans Cheer an Injured Opponent?

judman

I haven’t read through this whole thread, so I’m. It sure if I’m going out on a limb here, but...

i would say that if Brady* went down with an ugly, career ending injury, there would be about 10% of the present fan base that would cheer (probably a bit too loudly). But, I think the majority would show reverence.

Sure, we all hate him. Sure, he cheated during his career. Sure, he’s been the worst thorn in our collective asses for a generation. But, he’s also been the worthiest opponent in the Bills’ entire history, and it’s obviously not close. 

If I’m not home on my couch for that game, I’ll be at Buzby’s in Santa Monica, and I am confident that the entire Bill congregation that would be present would raise a glass to him, in reverence, and respect. And then we will cheer. 

On 6/12/2019 at 7:46 AM, Peace Frog said:

The only players I would've liked to have see gotten injured by us would've been Bryan Cox and Gronk.  Currently, the only one left that is still playing that needs an injury from us would be Kiko Alonso.

Jarvis Landry way before Kiko

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:04 PM, formerlyofCtown said:

Not really.  Now if they cheered the guy that hurt him, that would be bad.

Damn, are you saying it was alright that Bills fans cheered when there own QB got hurt.

On 6/15/2019 at 1:31 PM, BillsShredder83 said:

Jarvis Landry way before Kiko

I'm gonna have to disagree with you.  I think Jarvis & Kiko in the same game.  Too bad Jarvis left Miami.

On 6/12/2019 at 7:17 AM, BillsFan17 said:

The scene is 2008, the Seahawks are at the Bills for the home opener.

Pollard takes out Brady's knee, reports he tore his ACL verberate through the Ralph.

Bills fans AND Seahawks fans were literally high fiving eachother. I had fans in my section buying eachother beers in celebration.

To act like this is mutually exclusive to just one fan base is stupid. Is it a bad look, yes, but to act like only Toronto does it...

I was just going to post this. I remember going to this game with my dad and how happy everyone was. No clue how they still beat us twice and won 11 games that year. Karma I guess.. ?

Just the other day I read a really good story about fans cheering an injury. It was March 28, 1990. Bulls vs. Cavs. Early in the game, a Cavs player committed a pretty rough foul on Michael Jordan. When the fans cheered, Jordan was really surprised. He said, "Alright, now they're gonna pay for it." He'd go on to score his career best 69 points that game. That's a guy you never wanna give any extra motivation to. I feel the same about a guy like Brady.

Cheering when another human being gets hurt playing a game for our entertainment is a really crappy thing to do. 

We should never lump all Bills fans or fans of any team altogether for something like this.   Are there Bills fans that would cheer an injury?   Yep, But that is true for all 32 teams.  Are there fans of all teams that would not cheer for an injury?  Also yes.   I saw first hand a bar of random NFL fans go crazy when Brady tore his ACL, it was disturbing.