Would Bills Fans Cheer an Injured Opponent?

judman

A small minority would and reports are that's what happened in the Raptors game from those in the arena.  I remember when Philly fans cheered Michael Irvin's injury.  Now that's a city with classless fans.  Boston isn't far behind.

12 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

This is just stupid. T’ronO is playing in and ahead in the NBA Finals. Opposition star injures himself while the home team loses by 1 point. Of course they’re happy the opponents best player can’t continue. Who wouldn’t be? This is just a media frenzy stunt. 

And it lassoed in Judman..

That's pretty much the way I see it. It's a little tasteless, but unless the guy is a Kevin Everett like situation, I don't personally feel any outrage at the fan reaction.

The only time I'd find it disgusting is if a player's life was on the line.

For the record, I wouldn't cheer an injury. 

12 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

I've felt tempted to maim an opponent as a fan.

.....hand to hand combat, of course.

Good luck with that.

The only players I would cheer an injury to are dirty players like Vontaze Burfect or Ndomukah Suh that are known to target opposing players for injury

Brady, I hate as much as every other non-Patriots* fan in America.  But I still respect him as the GOAT.  I would never root for him to get injured on the field but I would still get a chuckle if he couldn't play due to constipation or bloody hemorrhoids.

3 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

To the original question:

Yes, some would as human nature will cover all outcomes.

Most would be adults and not do so. 

The media would cover the vocal few and paint all Bills fans with the same brush.

It's idiotic comments like this:

Sadly, Bills fans cheered when one or our QBs got injured.  Embarrassing. 

That prove that point...

I like to See Brady get hit. I hope it hurts, but I don’t want him injured. It’s far more important to me to see him simply decline into suckitude. It happens to everyone eventually, and I feel it’s time that he gets his turn. 

13 hours ago, ricojes said:

Brady being out of the season was good news for the Bills, that's just the bottom line.  I was at that game and was happy to hear he wouldn't be playing the rest of the season.  I wasn't happy about the type of injury, just happy the odds of the Bills beating the *patsies greatly increased.  There couldn't have been many in the stadium that said "Brady is out for the rest of the season?  Oh darn, what a shame."  

Well, Brady's injury seemed like good news at the time but it didn't actually help the Bills.  Even without Brady, the Pats beat the Bills twice and finished last in the division after losing 2-6 in the second half of the season after starting 5-3.

7 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Well, Brady's injury seemed like good news at the time but it didn't actually help the Bills.  Even without Brady, the Pats beat the Bills twice and finished last in the division after losing 2-6 in the second half of the season after starting 5-3.

I don’t mean to take this out of context, but the Bills have been in the unfortunate position of being in something like a 4 team division of basketball back in the UCLA Bruins/John Wooden days. Yeah, we can complain that they keep beating us, but let’s remember they beat EVERYONE more often than not. All too frequently in the Super Bowl. It’s been a horrible stretch. 

Time for a new era. I like where we stand at this point. Time will tell. 

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

That's pretty much the way I see it. It's a little tasteless, but unless the guy is a Kevin Everett like situation, I don't personally feel any outrage at the fan reaction.

The only time I'd find it disgusting is if a player's life was on the line.

For the record, I wouldn't cheer an injury. 

Good luck with that.

Yeah, it's all bravado.

Getting a 10 pack of front row seats for Sabres this year. 

Will be feeling pretty tough hiding behind the glass next season.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

While it may not not have helped the Bills, it sure helped fans of football in general. A Pats * and Tom Brady free playoffs is always something to savor. The Bills have been bad for most of the last 20 years, but it’s much easier to enjoy the NFL in general when NE isn’t involved. 

17 hours ago, CDogg20 said:

After the amount of times Jarvis Landry has cheap shotted players, I wouldn’t mind seeing him get whats coming his way. Id cheer if Tom got hurt (and did in 08) 

I remember that my father would constantly hope for Seau and Harrison to go down. 

I don’t want see any injuries to the point it messes up the rest of someone’s life though

Yep. Landry, Gronk, Kiko, Dale Hunter back in the day... absolutely. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Augie said:

I don’t mean to take this out of context, but the Bills have been in the unfortunate position of being in something like a 4 team division of basketball back in the UCLA Bruins/John Wooden days. Yeah, we can complain that they keep beating us, but let’s remember they beat EVERYONE more often than not. All too frequently in the Super Bowl. It’s been a horrible stretch. 

Time for a new era. I like where we stand at this point. Time will tell. 

My point was that cheering an injury to a key player pn a hated rival means nothing if your own team is uncompetitive anyways.  Through virtually the entirety of the twenty first century,  the Bills have made their own misery, and splitting with Pats when they were swept by them would have resulted int the Bills making the playoffs only once in 2004 and it was only in 2002 that beating the Pats at least once could have given the Bills a winning season and possibly a playoff berth depending upon tie breakers.

On 6/12/2019 at 6:15 AM, judman said:

Yesterday's news showed footage of many Toronto Raptors fans cheer the achilles injury suffered by Kevin Durant in the NBA Finals.  Players and media we're quick to object and denounce these cheers.

I've never been one to cheer an injury.  But, if TB12 went down during a game in Orchard Park... Welllllll...?!

Do you think the crowd would cheer?  Is he the only one who'd get that treatment?

Yes I think there would be a number of fans who would cheer. 

On a side note I am not sure that all the fans who cheered in Toronto were cheering that KD was injured; the cheering got loudest  when he got up to hobble off the court.  I think some of the fans were giving the traditional cheer to an injured player when they get up not cheering his injury.  Again I'm sure some were cheering the injury but not all or most.