Would Bills Fans Cheer an Injured Opponent?

judman

2 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

I would cheer until I lost my voice in the following scenario...

Gronkowski is on the sideline as a special alumni guest and standing next to Belichick.  Brady is flushed from the pocket and Ed Oliver, Tremaine Edmunds, and Jerry Hughes all converge on him at the same time, launching him off the field into Belichick and Gronkowski.  What is left is a pile of mangled arms and legs and headsets...

BEYOND cool vision.....I too would cheer my lungs out....

5 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

The scene is 2008, the Seahawks are at the Bills for the home opener.

Pollard takes out Brady's knee, reports he tore his ACL verberate through the Ralph.

Bills fans AND Seahawks fans were literally high fiving eachother. I had fans in my section buying eachother beers in celebration.

To act like this is mutually exclusive to just one fan base is stupid. Is it a bad look, yes, but to act like only Toronto does it...

You are correct , I was there too and remember it well. The replay was shown in the stadium. For the record, yes  I hi fived  other fans around me and don’t regret it one bit; I really hate that player and relished the moment. Great play by Pollard. Would I have the same reaction to a player being in a car crash or getting shot in the D.R. ? Nope. But on the field of play, all is fair game ( I don’t mean a blatant cheap shot after the play a la Gronk). The holier than thou attitude of some is hilarious. It’s a brutal sport, and fans get passionate about it. On the field these guys are well compensated modern day gladiators. It appeals to something in the deep dark recesses of our less -refined nature. I’m not going to pretend otherwise. That may work for some, but why kid yourself?

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

It happens with every fan base.  I was at a bar watching the Browns v. Bills in 2013 and watched Bills fans cheer Hoyer’s injury.  They were pretty pissed off when Manuel got injured though. 

That pretty much sums it up. We are watching a collision sport after all, not a ballet. 

14 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That pretty much sums it up. We are watching a collision sport after all, not a ballet. 

Not to mention that it is rare that any fan knows the extent of the injury when it happens.  Gory Joe Theismann injuries are rare and I can’t see people cheering something that, but in a game where people get knocked down all of the time or tweak things and come back to play it’s tough to blame fans for most of it.  Heck, sometimes they’re just cheering the action or for something else.  As for Toronto, it was a chance to close out their first NBA championship so I can’t believe that most of those fans weren’t cheering their asses off the whole freaking game.  I don’t know how many actually cheered the injury, but I can’t imagine they could’ve possibly known the extent.  After all, GS just said it was a calf strain.  GS should have to answer some uncomfortable questions around that by the way.

Edited by BarleyNY

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Really?  You guys haven't watched him play?  He's constantly spearing people and taking cheap shots whenever posssible.

Just last season, in the MNF game against Buffalo, he called for a fair catch and not only blocked the gunner, but did so by taking a helmet-to-helmet shot at him:

Note that this was AFTER he called for a fair catch, so it's 100% a non-contact play.  Edelman knows it; this is purely an intent-to-injure situation.  Not at all unusual for him.  It's what he does.

He was fined for 3 separate cheap shots in Week 16 alone:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/29/julian-edelman-fined-63504-for-three-separate-fouls/

And wouldn't you know...one of them was the EXACT SAME THING he did in the previous game:

He's a cheapshot artist.  Dirtiest player in the game, and yes, that includes Vontaze Burfict

Ok. Good point. There is that. I still think he is miles away from being the dirtiest player in the game, though. Burfict is far more dirty. Suh is more dirty. Plenty of guys are.

• Like (+1) 1

I thought it was terrible behavior by Raptors fans. It wasn’t the cheering when he went down as there was a fast break. It was cheering/jeering KD while he was being helped off the court. People should know better. It’s not like this is the first time someone got injured in front of fans. I hope fans wouldn’t cheer Brady getting seriously hurt. 

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

If it were Tom Brady, I wouldn't be cheering, but I would be laughing.

If it were Rob Gronkowski Or Julian Edelman, I would most definitely be cheering.

If say during a punting situation, and one of the Bills Gunners was forced out of bounds and he happens to plow through Bill Belichick.....:worthy:

10 hours ago, tomur67 said:

I hate to admit this , but I was at the game when Rob Johnson got hurt and thousands of Buffalo  fans cheered when Doug Flutie ran out to finish the game.  I'm sure most were Flutie fans and wanted him to be starting anyway, but it was awful  that they were cheering when he ran out onto the field and Johnson was being helped off the field. Very disturbing!

Flutie people were obnoxious.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I was at the 2000 home game against the Chargers when our fans cheered our own QB getting hurt.  Let's not act like we're above cheering injuries in Buffalo.

I was utterly disgusted then, and I'd be utterly disgusted in the future.

This was one of the worst moments in the history of the Buffalo Bills.  Up until that point, I thought that we had some of the best fans in the world.  When this happened, I realized that, although some or our fans are great, there are far too many who are no better than the lowest common denominator.

• Like (+1) 1