Would Bills Fans Cheer an Injured Opponent?

judman

5 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Brian Cox was a total d!#K though. He'd come out flipping everyone off and yelling crap at the fans. He fostered the relationship he had with the Bills fans.

Brian Cox treated it like was professional wrestling.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, teef said:

14-60 is the sweet spot, but not matter what your age is, i'm laughing.

i have felt bad about it though.  maybe two years ago during the winter, my wife and i saw a woman, in her late 60s, fall super hard at a lowes.  it wasn't a casual fall, but rather legs giving out from under her, flopping to the floor.  it happened maybe 10 feet in front of us, and both of us had trouble containing the laughter.  she wasn't hurt, but there's no way she felt ok after hitting the floor like that.

That's why I love Japanese prank shows.

Image result for Japanese prank gif

13 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’d have felt the same way about Gronk. But cheering retribution for a cheap shot that concussed your own teammate is a completely different animal than cheering an injury to an opponent that occurs during the normal course of a game. 

I said for years that there was only one player in the NFL who I disliked enough that I would cheer if he were injured: Julian Edelman.  Scumbag.  Dirtiest player in the NFL, and a guy I wouldn't have on my roster for free.

Then, he got hurt in the 2017 preseason and missed a year; apparently I was wrong.  I didn't cheer.  I actually felt worse because I said it.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I said for years that there was only one player in the NFL who I disliked enough that I would cheer if he were injured: Julian Edelman.  Scumbag.  Dirtiest player in the NFL, and a guy I wouldn't have on my roster for free.

Then, he got hurt in the 2017 preseason and missed a year; apparently I was wrong.  I didn't cheer.  I actually felt worse because I said it.

Sometimes the humanity gene is fickle. 

Are people filled with alcohol at Bill's games? If so, yes. People would cheer. If the whole stadium was sober there's a chance they wouldn't.

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Edelman is annoying, mostly because he is arrogant and consistently helps the Patriots make plays, but what makes him a dirty player and a scumbag?

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

Are people filled with alcohol at Bill's games? If so, yes. People would cheer. If the whole stadium was sober there's a chance they wouldn't.

Edelman is annoying, mostly because he is arrogant and consistently helps the Patriots make plays, but what makes him a dirty player and a scumbag?

Maybe the PEDs, not sure though.  But I always thought Edelman was the type of player that checks all the boxes for most Bills fans. 

No, I never would. Not even Brady.

IMO it’s just not right to cheer for an athlete getting hurt. Just because they play for another team doesn’t make them any less human.

Why would anyone want to cheer for someone getting (possibly seriously) hurt?  

Edited by BillsFan4

3 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Yeah, and during the K-Gun years, fans would boo an injured opponent, whether or not it was legit or a stunt to slow the pace.

Maybe a few. I was there too and yeah they booed the ones they thought were fakes. Probably that included a few real ones. But when fans see genuine injuries,   it reminds us it's more than a game, it's people's lives as well.

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

1 minute ago, stony said:

Maybe the PEDs, not sure though.  But I always thought Edelman was the type of player that checks all the boxes for most Bills fans. 

Really?  You guys haven't watched him play?  He's constantly spearing people and taking cheap shots whenever posssible.

Just last season, in the MNF game against Buffalo, he called for a fair catch and not only blocked the gunner, but did so by taking a helmet-to-helmet shot at him:

Note that this was AFTER he called for a fair catch, so it's 100% a non-contact play.  Edelman knows it; this is purely an intent-to-injure situation.  Not at all unusual for him.  It's what he does.

He was fined for 3 separate cheap shots in Week 16 alone:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/29/julian-edelman-fined-63504-for-three-separate-fouls/

And wouldn't you know...one of them was the EXACT SAME THING he did in the previous game:

He's a cheapshot artist.  Dirtiest player in the game, and yes, that includes Vontaze Burfict

I might be in the minority here, but I want the Bills to become the best by beating the best, however much disdain I might have for the "best".   I want to see Tom Brady's and Bill Belichick's distraught faces on the sidelines as the Bills take both the division and AFCE championship from them year after year after year.   Yes, I agree that a win is a win and would still a celebrate Bills victory, even if the team they beat was just the Little Sisters of The Poor in NFL uniforms.   But it would not be nearly as sweet for me.   Nor would it get the "respect" from national media and the twitter pundits that so many seem to crave.

So,  I would not cheer if Tom Brady, or Pat Mahomes, or Baker Mayfield got a career ending injury, nor would I cheer if Bill Belichick or Andy Reid had to quit coaching because of some terrible  accident or illness.   I don't want the Buffalo Bills to become the Tonya Hardy's of the NFL.  

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

This is just stupid. T’ronO is playing in and ahead in the NBA Finals. Opposition star injures himself while the home team loses by 1 point. Of course they’re happy the opponents best player can’t continue. Who wouldn’t be? This is just a media frenzy stunt. 

And it lassoed in Judman..

not at all, for any honest sports fan the story of Durant braving injury to come back, and showing how this would be over with 4 straight Warriors 20-point wins if he was even at 10%, then to get injured after showing how great he is...

is the stuff of tragic epic like The Iliad

then for the total dooshes in Toronto to cheer and jeer this, makes us deservedly a bad scene for losers

add to it:

1)  Domi hitting Neidermeyer in the head 10 seconds after the whistle being defended by anger in Toronto; and

2)  So Russell Martin is a moron and doesn't see the Korean batter hasn't left his stance, leading to an hour of total pig behaviour by a Toronto crowd in a playoff game

3) A fat drunk passing out and falling onto the field in Game 7 of the ALCS 1985 game, causing us great shame...

26 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Really?  You guys haven't watched him play?  He's constantly spearing people and taking cheap shots whenever posssible.

Just last season, in the MNF game against Buffalo, he called for a fair catch and not only blocked the gunner, but did so by taking a helmet-to-helmet shot at him:

Note that this was AFTER he called for a fair catch, so it's 100% a non-contact play.  Edelman knows it; this is purely an intent-to-injure situation.  Not at all unusual for him.  It's what he does.

He was fined for 3 separate cheap shots in Week 16 alone:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/29/julian-edelman-fined-63504-for-three-separate-fouls/

And wouldn't you know...one of them was the EXACT SAME THING he did in the previous game:

He's a cheapshot artist.  Dirtiest player in the game, and yes, that includes Vontaze Burfict

Yup, that's BS. No argument there.  

Of course they would. Don't forget a fair amount of Bills fans are also raptors fans...

No fan base is above stupid moments like this, including table bashing, ***** tossing super fans.

Cheers for injury are not good, but it happens, especially in the finals. Move on

Ok, I have no class.

On 10/10/1993 I was watching Miami vs Cleveland at home alone on TV because the Bills had a Monday night game and there was no conflict.  At the time the Bills & Dolphins had the same record & were in what looked like a season long battle for AFC supremacy.  Then Dan Marino went down with a torn achilles and I stood up and cheered & started singing the "Buffalo's Going To The Super Bowl" song.  Then I called up a couple of Bills fans & we celebrated.

Back in those days, fans my age vividly remember the Dolphins beating the Bills throughout the 70s and the big celebration on opening day 1980 when we beat Miami at "Rich" Stadium.  To this day, it's the only time I've been on the field, as I joined many other fans celebrating at the end of the game. The Dolphins were hated by just about every Bills fan and I, like many other fans, felt if it was bad for the Dolphins it was good for the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That's why I love Japanese prank shows.

Image result for Japanese prank gif

Both of you are trouble around here........thick as thieves, you are.

image.thumb.png.5f62d3182692bec342b9bd7dd2ce67cc.png

13 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Ok, I have no class.

On 10/10/1993 I was watching Miami vs Cleveland at home alone on TV because the Bills had a Monday night game and there was no conflict.  At the time the Bills & Dolphins had the same record & were in what looked like a season long battle for AFC supremacy.  Then Dan Marino went down with a torn achilles and I stood up and cheered & started singing the "Buffalo's Going To The Super Bowl" song.  Then I called up a couple of Bills fans & we celebrated.

Again, a vivid memory for me. 

We were out playing street hockey and one of the dad's came outside and was absolutely giddy with the news that Marino had torn his Achilles. All of us were like "Hell yeah!"

Edited by Seasons1992

4 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

The only players I would've liked to have see gotten injured by us would've been Bryan Cox and Gronk.  Currently, the only one left that is still playing that needs an injury from us would be Kiko Alonso.

This!!!  Used to be a big Kiko fan - not so any more.  What a giant d-bag he is....

After the amount of times Jarvis Landry has cheap shotted players, I wouldn’t mind seeing him get whats coming his way. Id cheer if Tom got hurt (and did in 08) 

I remember that my father would constantly hope for Seau and Harrison to go down. 

I don’t want see any injuries to the point it messes up the rest of someone’s life though

• Like (+1) 1